UT Austin McCombs 2013 Calling All Applicants

Hi All, I received an admit from McCombs for session starting in 2013. I am starting this thread for the discussion of prospective applicants and admitted students. So anyone out there having any questions on McCombs or wants to sh…

Hi All,

I received an admit from McCombs for session starting in 2013.

I am starting this thread for the discussion of prospective applicants and admitted students.

So anyone out there having any questions on McCombs or wants to share his thoughts please make use of this forum.

Hook €˜em!

Hi Aimhigh2012,

Congrats mate. Even i have received an admit from McCombs. Lets stay in touch.

Regards,
Gopinath

I turned my app in for r2 on the due date...how long after did you guys get your interview invite?

any advice for the interview?

I submitted my app on the 16th of October and got the invite on the 20th ...Interview was on the 30th of October...

Don't over prepare for the interview...it was more of conversational...Standard questions such as why mba, why mccombs, why now, walk me through your resume, achievement and strengths and weakness will be asked.

anyone gotten anything?

I am a little worried. I turned in my application on the deadline but didnt get to turn in my transcripts/fees until a couple of days later.

I havent gotten an interview invite and I am worried they are going to ding me or make me wait until round 3
@Aimhigh2012 and @gopinath00009

Congratulations on you admit.
Please tell how did you schedule your interview - via Skype or with Alumni?

@asalia my interview was face to face..the adcoms came to mumbai around 30th october...and i had my interview in mumbai

@gopinath00009

Thanks for prompt reply

I also interviewed on 30th Oct with Admission Director, Mr. Rodrigo Malta.

@Aimhigh2012 thanks, I am going for skype interview. Lets see !!
Hi.. I submitted my application in round 2 (3rd Dec, 2012), completed my face-to-face interview with an alum on 7th Jan, 2013 in Mumbai. Any idea how long before I hear back from them?
@Goyal.Lavi When is round 2 notification date? Mostly you will hear back from then a couple of days before the notification date. Atleast that was the case with round 1.

Thanks @gopinath00009 .. round two notification is around mid-February...

hey guys
is the mccombs mba a 16 month or a 24 month program?

Also how difficult is it get a scholarship??
@rosh567 It's a 21 month program..frankly speaking mccombs doesn't offer much scholarship..
@gopinath00009 thanks for the info gopinath... how does it compare to the Mays MBA??that is a 16 month program right?
@rosh567 I have no idea about Mays...

Hi all, I am a R1 candidate and was waitlisted.I got a mail yesterday from the admissions committee to submit a video to continue to keep myself on the waitlist. I have heard of other waitlisters getting the same mail. Can someone, who is familiar with this or has already submitted video, let us know about what kind of questions are asked on the portal for which we need to respondin the video?

Hi all, I have applied in R2, but have not got a reply as yet. Has everyone who applied in R2 got a reply by now ? I'm worried that it is taking too long.