Useful certifications recognised by bschools across the world

I am a final year engineering student who plans to work for a few years before going to a business school. I was interested in knowing about various certifications which might be helpful while applying to bschools. I am mainly interested in certif…

I am a final year engineering student who plans to work for a few years before going to a business school. I was interested in knowing about various certifications which might be helpful while applying to bschools. I am mainly interested in certifications which require little or very less work experience. Could someone tell me more about such certifications?

Hi,

I feel the answer depends on the sector of the work after MBA. e.g. after MBA one joins IT..may be IT certis will be considered. However i wonder howmuch certifications give weightage in that case.

May be someone who have already gone thorugh can throw some light on this

Cheers

What I was referring to was professional certifications in the area of business, management or allied areas. One such certification I know of is the Certified Associate Business Manage. University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Harvard Business School, The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, and the Indian School of Business (ISB) all recognize the CABM Credential as part of the admissions process. Also, CABMs applying to the Indian School of Business are guaranteed an interview with the Admissions Department (provided they meet all of the other application requirements).

Are there any other such certifications out there? Please advice.

boss , so early ?????:wow::wow::wow: but yes CABM is one such certificate. But if you are in an IT company , maybe you can also try CAPM ( cert. ass. project management ).apart from this there are online mba's , etc but i'm not sure if they are good or helpful.

I am a alumni of GLA. I feel very proud to be a part of this reputed university. Recently I came to know that GLA received National Employblity Award 2014. Only 10% universities in UP fulfills the criteria and GLA is top ranked in them. Really its a great honour for all the students and staff associated with GLA. All credit goes to our dedicated teachers who made us capable of facing any type of interview very confidently and calmly.