USC Marshall School of business 2010 aspirants

Hi fellow applicants Going through the application online. Not clear about the financial certifications needed along with the application.Can anyone explain? Thanks, Priti

Hi fellow applicants

Going through the application online. Not clear about the financial certifications needed along with the application.Can anyone explain?

Thanks,
Priti

Isn't anyone applying to USC Marshall this year? I am an R2 applicant. Anyone applying in R2?

Good to see a Marshall thread.Another applicant here. 680/M/3 yrs work ex. Background family business. Btech in E&TC.; What are your profiles like?My GMAT may be a concern but going to apply anyways 😁

altair Says
Good to see a Marshall thread.Another applicant here. 680/M/3 yrs work ex. Background family business. Btech in E&TC.; What are your profiles like?My GMAT may be a concern but going to apply anyways :D

My profile:
GMAT 700, Q 49 V 37 AWA 5.5
5+ yrs exp IT (will b 6 by fall)
Hi fellow applicants

Going through the application online. Not clear about the financial certifications needed along with the application.Can anyone explain?

Thanks,
Priti

@priti... did you apply to Marshall in R1?? If yes what was the response? Have you done with the interview??

priti,
its the same as with all universities. u dont need to provide it while applying. the financial statement is required only if you are admitted, and the univ. needs to send you an I20. they cant process ur I20 without the financial statement.
hope this clarifies. unless ur doubt is something else.

Anyone still applying to USC before Jan 15, 2010. Can someone clarify on do we need to send hard copies of documents (transcript, degree etc) by mail/courier?

Any prior round applicants advice would be very beneficial for all those who are applying in this round.

Thanks.

Anyone still applying to USC before Jan 15, 2010. Can someone clarify on do we need to send hard copies of documents (transcript, degree etc) by mail/courier?

Any prior round applicants advice would be very beneficial for all those who are applying in this round.

Thanks.

I had applied to Part Time MBA last year and yes we had to submit transcipts in hard copy to the univ...
The same should apply to Full Time also...

you have to send the hard copies of the transcript. but you dont have to send it by the deadline. you can upload soft copies in the online application rt?
anyways, i sent the transcripts only abt 2 weeks after i submitted the online application. about 10 days after i submitted the online app., the university sent me an application ID. so i mentioned this ID on the transcript envelopes.

warm regards,
vishwa

you have to send the hard copies of the transcript. but you dont have to send it by the deadline. you can upload soft copies in the online application rt?
anyways, i sent the transcripts only abt 2 weeks after i submitted the online application. about 10 days after i submitted the online app., the university sent me an application ID. so i mentioned this ID on the transcript envelopes.

warm regards,
vishwa

vishwanath,

did u apply in R1?? if yes then hwz the progress? u gt an admit??
I had applied to Part Time MBA last year and yes we had to submit transcipts in hard copy to the univ...
The same should apply to Full Time also...

warm regards,
vishwa

vishwanath,

did u apply in R1?? if yes then hwz the progress? u gt an admit??

Thanks guys for the information. According to you how good is USC for Consulting?

:)

yes, applied in r1. no word yet. they said the decisions will be out only by feb. 1st week. dont know if anyone has already heard from them.

Thanks guys for the information. According to you how good is USC for Consulting?

:)

which area of consulting are you trying to target?? Finance or Strategy??
v1shwanath Says
yes, applied in r1. no word yet. they said the decisions will be out only by feb. 1st week. dont know if anyone has already heard from them.

all the best.. Last year when I had applied for Part Time MBA, they didn't release results on the date that was mentioned on website. One of my friend in US had to call the admissions commitee atleast 10 times before she could actually find out.

The actual results came in my application about 2 weeks after the anticipated date...
mehta.gaurav Says
which area of consulting are you trying to target?? Finance or Strategy??

I am looking into Operations. how about you .. are you already in USC or re-applying this year?
tryingveryhard Says
I am looking into Operations. how about you .. are you already in USC or re-applying this year?

I applied last year for Part Time USC Marshall program and managed to secure a place. Since I came back to INDIA, I had to decline. Now I am thinking of applying to Full Time...

Having lived in LA for about an Year, I dont think there would be many Operations opportunities in that area. Also I dont really think Marshall is too known for Operations...

Hey guys submitted my application for Round 2. The wait begins...Any updates for R1 applicants?

Hey Puys,

Guess people dont apply that much towards west coast...very few posts on this thread also...USC Marshall is a very reputed school....Same was the case with UCLA threads very dead...

Anyways I hope people are not dormant here...lets start interacting..

I am a R2 applicant...dinged from UCLA...so trying my luck at USC...

Profile:

IIM 2 years by fall
730/5.5
Toefl-109
Acads--- Excellent
Community Service--- Decent...

So hope there is some activity on this thread now....any R2 applicant received interview calls..

R1 admits any???

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav

So hope there is some activity on this thread now....any R2 applicant received interview calls..

Even I hope that there is more activity on this thread. As far as I know USC has one of the slowest adcoms! So i will be surprised if they start giving interview calls so early. Even my application status also has not changed yet. All it says is submitted..

Which major you trying for pisces_gaurav? I have applied for entrepreneurship major.

R1 guys post your experiences..