usa MBA vs International(non US) MBA

HI Among the top 40 of US and top 40 of the world. 1.Which has more value in terms of placements,quality,salary 2.which is more stable …bcos many these days cannot find jobs with an MBA . Is it worth taking the risk spending around $…

HI
Among the top 40 of US and top 40 of the world.

1.Which has more value in terms of placements,quality,salary

2.which is more stable ..bcos many these days cannot find jobs with an MBA . Is it worth taking the risk spending around $100k .

3.What is the scope post MBA outside that country .

--the problem i have is my academics are not good . how difficult is it to get into top 30(which schools do not give high priority for academics).
-->Oracle developer working in middle east. B.E(CS)-60%,
-->PLANNING AN MBA WITH 2.5 YRS OF EXP.(is it sufficient)
-->confident to get 700+ in GMAT

any1 who has ( or planning) got into these b schools ...would really appreciate your advice .

(Confused wat to do)

Hi sysop,

I think your 2.5 years of experience are enough; it won't make you stand out but it won't hurt you much either.

Honestly, for top MBA programs in the US it isn't impossible for you, but you aren't an absolute to receive an acceptance letter.

Surprisingly though, there are a lot of really great universities with great reputations (Oxford for example) that have fairly young mba programs, which are easier to get accepted into. I would look to those.

Regarding what mba program you should attend, if you attend a top 40 school you should do well in finding a good job. A lot of it depends on the specialty of the school (in the US Wharton and Columbia are concentrated on Wall Street), so make sure that whatever school you attend that you like the concentration that they have.

Thanks a lot.

->with top 40 international mba's they give some weightage to EC's
which I lag behind . so considering these factors , do u think its better for me to put in 1 more yr of exp and get strong with these points.
-- I am still skeptic ,if its worth spending 100k and not able to get a job
which are the school which have strong placement services .

and hope u get into yale:)

Thanks a lot.

->with top 40 international mba's they give some weightage to EC's
which I lag behind . so considering these factors , do u think its better for me to put in 1 more yr of exp and get strong with these points.
-- I am still skeptic ,if its worth spending 100k and not able to get a job
which are the school which have strong placement services .

and hope u get into yale:)

Dont think just about investment and the job. Think about how will you be able to convince the b-school to accept you. You have to show something special in you if you lack ECs and Acads. So take some time, think about it and then decide. 'Why you want to do an MBA' - is a good point to start with.