US News 2009 rankings New

*U.S. News & World Report will be launching a new and improved * edition of America’s Best Graduate Schools on Friday, March 28. This is as per folks in BW forums. Also a pre take on the rankings is as below : 1) Wharton 2) Stanfor…

U.S. News & World Report will be launching a new and improved
edition of America's Best Graduate Schools on Friday, March 28.

This is as per folks in BW forums. Also a pre take on the rankings is as below :

1) Wharton
2) Stanford
3) Harvard
4) Kellogg
5) Haas
6) Sloan
7) Chicago
8 ) Tuck
9) Ross
10) Columbia
11) Fuqua
12) Darden
13) Anderson
14) Stern
15) Marshall
16) McCombs
17) Johnson
10) Tepper
19) Kenan-Flagler
20) Yale

Any views on the rankings ?

Unless US News has officially released these as a sneak preview, I wouldn't put too much stock in these rankings. Probably someone just speculating on the BW forums.

Well someone mentioned there they got this from their uncle who workd for USnews...

Hmmm, I think that poster is just stirring the pot! I'd just wait until the 27th or 28th for the official release...

I agree , but which college you think will actually rise in the rankings the most this year ?
Also, what about McCombs rankings ?

It is highly unlikely that yale would at 20 and marshall at 15!

I agree , I expect yale to one of the colleges to break into the top 10 this year. And marshel will be in the top 20 but not a big leap as shown above. Rest will remain the same , as for the top I think H/S/W will continue their shuffle in the top 3 places , no toher schools can even come close to them.

I've noticed that the US News rankings don't change drastically from year to year - especially the top 20 part. If they've decided to improve/change their methodology, then there could be more movement than usual.

Well their methodology remains the same , but as the schools GMAT avg increases so would thier ranks. Due to lots of high GMAT score people have started applying to the colleges from 15-25 this should lead to lots of shuffle in those ranks. The top 15 may remain more or less the same.

Its nearly time for the new USNews rankings to come out - expected date 29 March.

Here it is... long awaited 2009 rankings (based on 07 data)

1Harvard University (MA)
1Stanford University (CA)
3University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
4Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
4Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL)
4University of Chicago
7Dartmouth College (Tuck) (NH)
7University of California-Berkeley (Haas)
9Columbia University (NY)
10New York University (Stern)
11University of California-Los Angeles (Anderson)
12University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (Ross)
13Yale University (CT)
14Duke University (Fuqua) (NC)
14University of Virginia (Darden)
14Cornell University (Johnson) (NY)
17Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper) (PA)
18University of Texas-Austin (McCombs)
19University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler)
20Indiana University-Bloomington (Kelley)
21University of Southern California (Marshall)
22 ASU
23Georgetown University (McDonough) (DC)
24Emory University (Goizueta) (GA)
25 Rochester
26Wash U
27Ohio State University (Fisher)
28University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (Carlson)
29Georgia Institute of Technology
29Texas A&M; University-College Station (Mays)
29University of Wisconsin-Madison

Not many surprises in the TOP 20, but 20-30 lot of changes from previous years rankings. ASU has jumped many spots to 22.

Yes , that is correct : here is something from the BW site
Biggest Gainers : ( ranks moved up ).
University of California-Los Angeles (Anderson) -5
Indiana University-Bloomington (Kelley) -4
Washington University in St. Louis (Olin) -3
Georgetown University (McDonough) (DC) -2
Stanford University (CA) -1
Northwestern University (Kellogg) (IL) -1
University of Chicago -1
University of California-Berkeley (Haas) -1
Yale University (CT) -1
Biggest Losers : ( ranks moved down )
Ohio State University (Fisher) 5
Emory University (Goizueta) (GA) 4
Georgia Institute of Technology 4
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (Carlson) 3
Duke University (Fuqua) (NC) 2
University of Virginia (Darden) 2
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (Ross) 1
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler) 1
Out of top 30 :
Purdue University-West Lafayette (Krannert) (IN)
University of Maryland-College Park (Smith)
Michigan State University (Broad)
University of Washington

Biggest shocker is Purdue, out of top 30. MSU and Maryland Smith and UofW are good schools. Not sure why they dropped so badly.
Is it that they are not performing well or their peers are doing much better??

Yes, I think purdue went down to 33 , Rice went down to 40. Don't know about the others .
Purdue has had a big fall , the details can be seen in the latest USnews magazine.

Yes, I think purdue went down to 33 , Rice went down to 40. Don't know about the others .
Purdue has had a big fall , the details can be seen in the latest USnews magazine.

mbabuster

do yo uhave the total top 50 or top 100 rankings
please publish it here

thanks

or a link / pdf file etc

Here you go , the rest of the rankings the top 50

Has anyone subscribed to the USnews 2009 rankings ?

I wanted to know the general managment speciality rankings till the 20 position .

Has anyone subscribed to the USnews 2009 rankings ?

I wanted to know the general managment speciality rankings till the 20 position .

Yes, I have. GM speciality rankings -

1 Harvard University Boston, MA 2 Stanford University Stanford, CA 3 Northwestern University (Kellogg) Evanston, IL 4 University of Michigan--Ann Arbor (Ross) Ann Arbor, MI
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) Philadelphia, PA 6 Dartmouth College (Tuck) Hanover, NH 7 University of Virginia (Darden) Charlottesville, VA 8 Duke University (Fuqua) Durham, NC 9 University of California--Berkeley (Haas) Berkeley, CA 10 Columbia University New York, NY 11 University of Chicago Chicago, IL 12 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan) Cambridge, MA
New York University (Stern) New York, NY 14 University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler) Chapel Hill, NC 15 University of California--Los Angeles (Anderson) Los Angeles, CA
University of Texas--Austin (McCombs) Austin, TX
Yale University New Haven, CT 18 Indiana University--Bloomington (Kelley) Bloomington, IN 19 Cornell University (Johnson) Ithaca, NY 20 University of Maryland--College Park (Smith) College Park, MD 21 Arizona State University (Carey) Tempe, AZ
University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign Urbana, IL 23 Emory University (Goizueta) Atlanta, GA
University of Southern California (Marshall) Los Angeles, CA
Washington University in St. Louis (Olin) St. Louis, MO