US job mkt 2009 -- predictions

Hi all, Dunno wheather dis is being bit irrelevent or not but m askin bcz m really worried… As most of d oder guys even m plannin to go 4 MBA in fall 07 admits… n as most of us will take up a loan…

Hi all,

Dunno wheather dis is being bit irrelevent or not but m askin bcz m really worried.............................

As most of d oder guys even m plannin to go 4 MBA in fall 07 admits......... n as most of us will take up a loan.................

Dats y m really worried dat wat is job market in US rite now n any predictions 4 d future though its really tough bcz no1 knos d govt policies n economical conditions bt if any idea plzzzzzzzzzzz share it asap..............

Plz keep in mind I m askin dis when sum1 is 4m 25-75 ranked business schools..............

Lookin forward to responses.....................

Jain

It just makes heck of a lot easier if you dont use the myspace/SMS lingo in the threads. It does not register in my old/ traditional scalp may be.

The bush govt is gonna go in 2008. I dont know how to figure out what is in store 1 year from now. If you get to know let me know too.

You still have more than a year to see the trend. Right now, the trend says more H1-B, stronger Indo-US ties, and may be...just may be...Rice becoming the president. If all these happen then you are going to feast in the cocktail hiring spree of the MCs, if not then declare bankruptcy and never can you step into this (US) soil again. Yeah! it is that varied and difficult to answer your question. May be Bejan Daruwala has an answer but he sucks, anyways, most of the time.

Lastly, if you don't gamble, you don't win. And, when the gamble is about your life's earning then i would never let someone else play the odds.

My advice, go figure...based on your own case.

Thx 4 dat m8............. vil take care of lingo if dat really bothers..............

As per ur reply wat i make out is dat probably job scenario vil gonna improve(correct me if m wrong)....... worst case is always dere............... one more question is hw tough for guys frm lower ranked unis say 25-75 to get a job......... if its tough den its fine bt if its impossible den god helps.............

Unless your name is Nostra Dumbass you would not want to venture making predictions about the future. It is futile. Who had predicted the Internet bubble to burst in 2000 ? Who had predicted the Sensex to touch 10,000 + now ?

These are diverse forces acting on the market, and it is indeed impossible to predict with any amount of certainity their outcome. It is too readily assumed that a stable model, devoid of volatility, is good and an erratic one, bad. But this is the law of economics, infact, the entire law of nature. What goes up, must come down !

So, I do believe at some point there is going to be, what is known as a "correction", in the market place at some point. An Enron situation could eventually occur even in the IT space. But to try guesstimating it. And still worse, taking important career decisions based on it would be hazardous.

On the other hand, realize that volatility in the market place is not a threat if you have the means to respond to it. If you can tell yourself that "Heck !! I am smart and enterprising. I have tangible skills which can be easily used across industries, sectors, verticals, domains. Even if I take a beating in my salary and preferred place of employment, I know that I will never be out of demand". You got a deal. The next time the market picks up you are going to be the first person people are going to hire. Think about it.

Arun

ok pardon my pessimistic view , but just to think ...there are chances that risising Oil prices could bring about a economic slowdown......there are chances of housing bubble bursting...there are chances of financial collapse due to these new financial instruments.......just read the following excerpt from an interview.

But i rightly agree with Arun that having proper skill sets you can jump industries, but you will never be out of the game

"Benavides: The problem of ungovernability in Mexico: Should on July 3rd, should the winner not be Lopez Obrador-and the polls and everyone's saying for the last two years that he's the one on top-is there a possibility of ungovernability? Is there a risk?
LaRouche: Let me be very concrete: This is an international question, not a Mexico question. We're now at the point, we have gotten rid of Alan Greenspan. Alan Greenspan was in charge from 1987 until recently. Alan Greenspan was one of the worst things that ever happened to the United States-and to the world.
You have to realize that money is not worth anything, really. Because, what you have, you don't have deposits, assets in banks: You have financial derivatives. And these financial derivatives are in layers. You saw what happened in Iceland. Iceland is totally bankrupt. New Zealand is bankrupt. Australia is near-bankrupt. They're having a meeting in Australia now, of bankrupt countries: But it's not just them. Every leading bank in the United States is bankrupt. The housing bubble is about to blow-all kinds of things are about to blow.
We can have, in the period of the coming months, April, May, June, these three months, are potentially three months of an incalculable rate of financial collapse internationally.
So, therefore, when you're talking about an election coming up in Mexico, you have to realize that whatever the situation is now, you have to factor in the fact that we're facing a very great danger of an immediate collapse.
Presently, the leading bankers of the world have realized that this is the case. Therefore, they're not going to put any more expansion or any money into the system. They're going to allow the bubbles to collapse. They're going to shut down the carry-trade. Unless they change their mind in the coming months. But, right now, if they continue on the present policy, during the next three months, we're facing a general collapse of the financial system, with horrifying effects on the economies and on the condition of people in national economies.
You have in France, you have 3 million people going on strike; you have strikes in Germany; you have an ungovernable situation in Italy. Poland is breaking down. The Belarus election show you that there's no popularity for this trend over there. Ukraine, they've lost. Netanyahu has lost the election in Israel: You're now in a global political crisis, building up, so that there is no stable condition on which to hold to hold an election. Because, you can proceed like a commanding general in warfare, to have a strategy, which takes all conditions into account, but you can't predict anything. No one can predict, because you have too many people who are now unpredictable in powerful positions."
source http://www.larouchepub.com/lar/2006/interviews/3314benavides_monterrey.html
for a comforting your mind just read the following quotes

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today. Laurence J. Peter

If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.
George Bernard Shaw

An economist is a surgeon with an excellent scalpel and a rough-edged lancet, who operates beautifully on the dead and tortures the living.Nicholas Chamfort

To put it in short you cant predict.

To Jain

Ask the same Q to a tarot-card reader.
(s)he will give a definitive answer.

Ask the same Q to an economist.
(s)he will give a vague answer.

Ask the same Q to your instinctive feelings.
It will give you no answer.

But you will understand later that nothing is more reliable than your own instinctive feelings and judgements. The least reliable would be the tarot-card reader.

If you still cannot comprehend what I've said, better relax; Do your work; Apply to B-schools and keep the routine going. You will get a plum job after MBA.
----------------------------

P.s.: Please stop using SMS lingo... It looks awful. :neutral:

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable suggestions.............

Please also place ur suggestions regarding the criteria for giving scholarships by universities.......... Is it prior acads or GMAT score or pehle aao pehle pao...........

I m askin dis bcz my prior acads are not at all good but trying really hard for GMAT.......... I hope I will have decent score in that.....................

I will definately take care of lingo in future......... thanks for that toooooooooo.........

Jain

Go for a job search online and find the best suitable job for you. Many new jobs and job opportunities are available online. This will help you get you dream job which waiting only for you!