US B-School Dilemna

Hi all, I am an Indian Applicant hoping to get into a good MBA school in the US for fall 2005. As of now i have got final admits from: 1. Olin,Washington University in St. Louis. 2. Owen, Vanderbilt University 3. Fisher, Ohio St…

Hi all,

I am an Indian Applicant hoping to get into a good MBA school in the US for fall 2005.
As of now i have got final admits from:

1. Olin,Washington University in St. Louis.
2. Owen, Vanderbilt University
3. Fisher, Ohio State University
My Background:
Software engineer having 3 years of work-ex in the Indian IT Industry.

I would like to pursue a career in IT Consultancy Post-MBA.
I would really appreciate it if you could guide me as to which of these 3 options would be the best for me in terms of placements and internships.
OR do you think that i should re-apply next year with a higher GMAT(present GMAT-680)

Any advice from you would be valuable as I am really confused at this point.

Regards,
Abhishek

Go for the Washington univ or the ohio univ. both of them are decent. but b4 deciding, ust have a look at teh placemnts on offer and also check the job profiles that the students passing from these insti have. That wopuld be great. If u can talk to any of the preofessors from all the three univs, ask each one of them asking them y u shud join their univ especially when u have admission from the other two..?? that would help you..!!

ull only do an mba once...wait a yr work at ur current job and aim for a 750 plus gmat score .....

then apply to only the top 20 coz those r the only ones worth doing an mba from..any lower and no one will even ask ..remeber mba is all ur school's perceived brand equity and if u aiming for top notch managerial positions, then ure bound to compete with the harvards and the whartons .... i dont even have to spell al thiso ut,,shd be really obvious...

so mba from a non top 20 school = NO DICE !!!!

Hi Abhishek,
Congrats on the admits...!!...well there is not much to choose between ohio and washington...u can decide after considering the finances involved...placements seem to be the same at both places...also take in other factors...the alumni strength of the school and the thrust areas of the school....but if difference in fees and living is substantial then i would suggest to go for the cheaper school...and keep aside the other things..!!...i wouldnt also not suggest you to wait for another year and take a shot at the top -notch unless your profile is gonna change substantially at the time of the next application....!!.i.e unless ur extra-currics and leadership experience is gonna get bolstered...difference between 3 and 4 yrs exp is not so substantial...i would not advise you to wait another year...coz the economy seems to be in good health currently and this should take u thru 2006 summers and 2007 when ull be placed....so now seems to be the time to do it...!!!...
..it ll be helpful if you can post your detailed profile..undergrad GPA...etc...
and also your rejects/waitlists...your rejects/waitlists can decide if you can wait for another year or not...!!
cheerz
bysodus