Urgent Please Advise On Umass

HEY GURUS PLEASE HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IS University of Massachusetts Boston FOR MBA??? HAS ANY ONE ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT???/

HEY GURUS

PLEASE HELP

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IS University of Massachusetts Boston FOR MBA????????

HAS ANY ONE ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT?????????/

HEY GURUS

PLEASE HELP

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IS University of Massachusetts Boston FOR MBA????????

HAS ANY ONE ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT?????????/

GUYS I HAVE TO DECIDE TODAY ITSELF WHETER TO GIVE IT A SHOT OR NOT?

SO PLS HURRY

Whom do u expect to answer this question at this hour? And U gonna decide by their advice on the last day (today)!!??..Sounds strange dude..

I'd advise you to do a lil' ground research yourself...and wait for few more hours...The GMAT gurus will come online and give gyaan. Hold on till then.

What do you want to know?

The UMass school system is decent. I myself am a graduate of UMass Amherst (the flagship campus). The Boston campus is a bit less reputable.

Note that any of the UMass campuses are unranked. The education that you would get is pretty good, and would be a bargain compared to an education from a private school, it's just that it has no where near the reputation of a ranked school.

As far as job placement, it is definitely tougher out of UMass versus a ranked institution, but if you have stellar grades and are proactive in your job search and networking, you should not have too much trouble. Remember however, none to very few of the big companies recruit from Umass.

Bottom line - education is good, but getting your foot in the door job-wise will be tough. Hope that helps.

What do you want to know?

The UMass school system is decent. I myself am a graduate of UMass Amherst (the flagship campus). The Boston campus is a bit less reputable.

Note that any of the UMass campuses are unranked. The education that you would get is pretty good, and would be a bargain compared to an education from a private school, it's just that it has no where near the reputation of a ranked school.

As far as job placement, it is definitely tougher out of UMass versus a ranked institution, but if you have stellar grades and are proactive in your job search and networking, you should not have too much trouble. Remember however, none to very few of the big companies recruit from Umass.

Bottom line - education is good, but getting your foot in the door job-wise will be tough. Hope that helps.

hi anjapower

thanks for reply. i took gmat in dec and score in real gmat fell abruptly as compared to scores in my preps.

earliar i was planning to appply to only top 20 but then i had to change my stratergy . i applied to umass boston and got admition with pretty good assistance that reduces the tutuion fee heavily. thanks to my extremely good extra curriculars.

now there are some big questions in front of me.

1. faculty, studies amd worth of MBA from umass boston,
2. job prospect after the course - availbity of jobs and average starting salary,
3. part time job prospects
4. cost of living
5. rank of this mba worlwide.
6. and i have one year of experience in one of the biggies in software firms in india.. Should i wait for next year or apply this year in umass boston.
I need your valuable advise urgently as deadlines are approaching and i need to apply in 2-3 days. )
7. one more thing- i am planning to pursue specialization in Human resources. i have heard that no of jobs are less for HR. Is it the case? and what is the average starting salary? as per my information it is 70000 $. But can u pls confirm it as ihave not found any placement statics for Boston campus. whether uiverstiy organizes job fairs etc or provides any sort of help in finding jobs?
8. i have also heard that the starting salary of people who have pre mba work ex is more than avg. Then in that case, is the starting salary of people with less ex, like me, much lower than average?

Should u have no trouble in sparing a few moments while guiding me, please let me know any means of contact.. so that i can have a better understanding of the whole scenario the other side of story is that i am not liking the software job at all. so i am thinking not to waste one year.

if you are a MBA graduate from UMASS boston, and
if u feels comfortable, please share your experience of umass boston in detail:
1. why u chose umass , boston;
2. when u graduated;
3. how easily u found part time job;
4. how easily u found full time job and was it ur preferred job;
5.what was the starting salary and bonuses if any;
6. if big companies dont come to campus then what all u have to do to grab them. and do they give value to degree from umass boston and recriut the people(may be off campus)?
7.what about the alumni network and how much they help in long term;
8. how do guys from umass boston compete as compared to the students from other biggies like chicago bla bla.. in longterm lets say over 10 years;
9. do thier growth in terms of personal , professional and salary wise differ in long term , and if yes how much is the difference?)

after understanding my story, what will be the most preferable option for me - to wait for one year to accept the offer.

Seeking a prompt response in time.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Nikesh