Urgent help required - Macquarie Australia - Masters in Applied Finance

Hello everyone, I need some urgent help. I have been offered a seat by Macquarie university Australia for their Masters in Applied Finance Course. Its a one year PG course from Sydney. The course fees is very high and comes around 22 lakhs f…

Hello everyone,

I need some urgent help. I have been offered a seat by Macquarie university Australia for their Masters in Applied Finance Course. Its a one year PG course from Sydney. The course fees is very high and comes around 22 lakhs for one year.

Some things have changed recently at personal front and hence i am taking no chances before accepting this offer.

Is the course worth it? I am mba in finance from ICFAI mumbai and currently based out of mumbai with 5 years of wrk ex in financial research industry.

Need help urgently.

thanks all, this is my first post on this website and hope i receive some replies.

cheers

gaurav

Hi Gaurav ,

22 Lkhs is hell lot of Money. My personal view is it is not worth it if you want to come back to India.
Macquarie is a superb University , Excellent overall. But the ROI would not be worth it. If you plan to stay in Australia or any other Asia Pac region than it's a different game all together.

hi vishal,

thanks a lot for your advice. I am primarily looking for a job in APAC region after completing my course.

thanks buddy.

I understand that markets are really bad and will take considerable time to recover from current lows. I am planning to postpone my joining to next year, as i think by that time i will have a better view of how markets are shaping up.

Whats your opinion on how the program is? is it well recognized in the industry? and assuming markets will recover, which will eventually happen, is this course worth its pound?

thanks
gaurav

thanks buddy.

I understand that markets are really bad and will take considerable time to recover from current lows. I am planning to postpone my joining to next year, as i think by that time i will have a better view of how markets are shaping up.

Whats your opinion on how the program is? is it well recognized in the industry? and assuming markets will recover, which will eventually happen, is this course worth its pound?

thanks
gaurav

Everything said and done... The markets are bad I agree with the same , But still there is need Human Work force... Which will never go....
As i said about Macquarie is a good University but the ROI will not be all that great.... Specially after invest Rs 22 Lkhs....

The two Countries which will come out strong of the Crisis are India and China... Asia Pac consist of three main countries which are India , China and Singapore... Singapore is also in a but situtaion.... I am not too sure about the course its a good idea if you do more R&D; on the internet....
thanks buddy.

thanks
gaurav

hey buddy...macquaire is not one of the top uni of aus but it's really gud and exceptionally gud for the courses in finance(it's the first uni in the world i suppose that started the course in actuarial science, and wherever u find the top actuaries in the world they r from aus).

macquaire is really gud in finance courses, but u c if u go 4 any crs thr that's of less than 2 yrs duration, u can't file for PR.

plus aus uni are not that much recognised outside aus(except the go8 uni's), so u need to work it up in aus only...so better find a crs that's of 2 yr duration(as it wud help u in getting PR), and by the time(2 yrs of ur study) markets would definately recover.

fyi MGSM(macquaire grd business school) is highly ranked across the world( i think it's ranked 3rd in aus after mbs and unsw)...hence maquarie is as gud as go8(grp of eight uni).

regards
Bhaskar

wats PR? wats the full form?

Somebody please advise. I have two years work experience as a business analyst at a bank. IIT Madras passout in 09. I converted FMS this year but dont know whether to go or not. There is this certification course in applied finance from Macquarie Australia for 1 year. should i complete the course and give cat next year.
ps: i am also appearing for june CFA L1.

Somebody please advise. I have two years work experience as a business analyst at a bank. IIT Madras passout in 09. I converted FMS this year but dont know whether to go or not. There is this certification course in applied finance from Macquarie Australia for 1 year. should i complete the course and give cat next year.
ps: i am also appearing for june CFA L1.

Why would you not join FMS??????? i mean why even you thinking twice about it?
oliveoyl Says
wats PR? wats the full form?

PR -> Permanent Residency

Hi even I got the admit in Macquarie's masters in applied finance july 2012 batch. Is it good ? do you get sponsored employers after completion . What kind of salary can I except once I come to India. I am a commerce grad with 2 yr experience with 1.5 yr in fixed income. Please do reply as this is a huge investment.