Urgent Help required !!! Admission and Essays

Hi all, ** I am keen on applying in first deadline to a school. Need to know from fellow applicants about their criteria of choice of b-schools and application essay strategies. ** *My name is khushi and I will have 49 months of experi…

Hi all,

I am keen on applying in first deadline to a school. Need to know from fellow applicants about their criteria of choice of b-schools and application essay strategies.

My name is khushi and I will have 49 months of experience till sept 2007. I am a graduate from IIT-D (Computer sc.) and have working with one of the top banking firms in india.

I am taking my GMAT on 26th of september and would be targeting Columbia in the first deadline.Other schools will target in second deadlines. I need expert help in essay and reco editing, any suggessions. Please share your views guys ....

what do you mean by expert help.... you have to write them ... and you will be the best judge....

Hi all,
I am keen on applying in first deadline to a school. Need to know from fellow applicants about their criteria of choice of b-schools and application essay strategies.
My name is khushi and I will have 49 months of experience till sept 2007. I am a graduate from IIT-D (Computer sc.) and have working with one of the top banking firms in india.
I am taking my GMAT on 26th of september and would be targeting Columbia in the first deadline.Other schools will target in second deadlines. I need expert help in essay and reco editing, any suggessions. Please share your views guys ....

What I mean by 'expert' is that if there are people who can strategise and scrutinize my drafts. GMAT and long hours do not really leave much time for value edition.
I have my thought process ready and I can think like writing them and sharing with seniors for review (All I know is ppl get reviewed by seniors or professionals).
What's ur take.

What I mean by 'expert' is that if there are people who can strategise and scrutinize my drafts. GMAT and long hours do not really leave much time for value edition.
I have my thought process ready and I can think like writing them and sharing with seniors for review (All I know is ppl get reviewed by seniors or professionals).
What's ur take.

You could write your essays and share them- and I'm sure someone will offer you some kind of advice and/or criticism. I doubt though that any kind of help you get on your essay drafts on this (or any) forum will really be any value-addition.

Only someone who knows you well (a partner, a friend, a relative) will be able to judge whether the "true" you and your "true" goals and aspirations are portrayed in your essays.

I sugget you either get in touch with a "consultant", or call someone close to you.

If you want general essay writing tips, check out the links available on daveformba.blogspot.com

Hey Thanks dude!

I have gone through daveformba.blogspot.com

Got a few tips, will be helpful. Thanks again.

The only thing that is taking me sleep away is the post GMAT thing and rush to meet the first deadline for Columbia. 😞 and to top it, a GMAT on 26th.

I am thankful to you guys, I wish I had joined this forum earlier.

All the best to you all for admissions.:)

Pls keep posting, can really help.

Hi all,

Refer to this post I wrote to someone else on this forum. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/apping-for-top-european-mba-schools-2006-07-25016853

It might help.

Thanx a lot Sprite 😃

Hi all,

here are few tips

Discuss the factors that influenced your career decisions to date. Please describe your professional goals for the future. How will the M.B.A. experience influence your ability to achieve your goals?

Discuss your career progression to date. Why do you want an M.B.A.? How do you envision your career progressing after receiving the M.B.A.?

Specifically address your post-M.B.A. short- and long-term professional goals. How will bschool assist you in attaining these goals?

Briefly assess your career progress to date. Elaborate on your future career plans and your motivation for pursuing a graduate degree at B-school?
What are your post-M.B.A. career plans?