UPSC CSE Exam 2019: Admit Card, Syllabus, Result

I have aspired for IAS from my childhood and is my dream...
Form for IAS is out...and will be filling that too..may be in my first attempt i wont be able to do justice with the exam....

Anyways..I seek guidance from people who are pursuing MBA...

I am quoting the syllabus of two subjects of my interest
1. Economics
2. Public Administration

CAn u plz give some insight which bear more resemblance to the course curriculumn of PGDM..

and which will be of much use..even in my MBA programme...and even while doing MBA i can build a base on the subject...and consolidate later on..

as i have given various MBA entrance exam...and i will be prusuing MBA this year....

Since the form is out...so looking forward to early response...

Can you please check

@135 mins
UPSC civil services exam is not a joke. Definitely you will be wasting your one precious attempt if u go for the exam this year. It needs a very well planned preparation . Every optional subject has a graduate degree level syllabus. So it takes time to cover the syllabus and you have to first plan it out. Moreover, without full time preparation and coaching, it is even more difficult. If you are really serious about it, dont waste your attempt.
Also , the pattern of the UPSC exam will most probably change over the next two years.
So you please plan accordingly.
I have aspired for IAS from my childhood and is my dream...
Form for IAS is out...and will be filling that too..may be in my first attempt i wont be able to do justice with the exam....

Anyways..I seek guidance from people who are pursuing MBA...

I am quoting the syllabus of two subjects of my interest
1. Economics
2. Public Administration

CAn u plz give some insight which bear more resemblance to the course curriculumn of PGDM..

and which will be of much use..even in my MBA programme...and even while doing MBA i can build a base on the subject...and consolidate later on..

as i have given various MBA entrance exam...and i will be prusuing MBA this year....

Since the form is out...so looking forward to early response...

Can you please check

I second Himanshu.
What I can make is that you are two timing

You have already narrowed the choice of subjects and it seems now you want to know the Pros :)

If you want to take up a subject from your MBA degree, then why not go for subjects like Management, accountancy , etc.

Neverthless you can continue preparing with eco and PA alongside MBA degree. After all, you need to pick up subjects you are comfortable with.

you should talk to past CS candidates;
whatever you do, make an informed choice :thumbsup:

Cheers!

can anyone tell about the eligibility criterai age wise ?

And can final year students (graduation) take this xam?

zener diode Says
can anyone tell about the eligibility criterai age wise ?

your age should be between 21 and 30

ANURAGCHOPRA Says
And can final year students (graduation) take this xam?

Yes.

For those who are interested to know more about civil services, here are the links to some very popular and good blogs.

Guidance for Civil Service Aspirants

Blog of civil services 2008 AIR 1

Did not ourselves the cubits warp

Blog of civil services 2007 AIR 2

Neutral Views

very regularly updated blog of some successful candidate who does not give his real name.

Someone guide me regarding Geography for Prelims. Which books to follow, preparation strategy ect.

i was born in the year 1984 18th august , I am in general category so i can take UPSC exams uptil 2014 right?

zener diode Says
i was born in the year 1984 18th august , I am in general category so i can take UPSC exams uptil 2014 right?

All those who are more than 21 yrs of age and have not turned 30 till 1st august of the year in which exam is held, are eligible.

So you are right. You can give take the UPSC civil service exam till 2014 if the eligibility criteria remains the same.
zener diode Says

but recently it has been suggested to reduce the no of attempts for upsc and max age for candidates.... but this yr... attempts for gen is 4 and max age is 30 but no one can guarantee for next season......and this time pattern for prelim of upsc has changed.
tgt_09 Says
but recently it has been suggested to reduce the no of attempts for upsc and max age for candidates.... but this yr... attempts for gen is 4 and max age is 30 but no one can guarantee for next season......and this time pattern for prelim of upsc has changed.

I would like to correct tgt_09 here . This year, the pattern for the exam has not changed.

But next year , the pattern for prelims will probably change and the pattern for mains exam might change the subsequent year. But you cannot be sure about anything which UPSC does.
I would like to correct tgt_09 here . This year, the pattern for the exam has not changed.

But next year , the pattern for prelims will probably change and the pattern for mains exam might change the subsequent year. But you cannot be sure about anything which UPSC does.

thanks for correcting my knowledge 😃 actually i am not keen for upsc but read about in newspaper .....but i think trends have been started for change in upsc exams and u r correct no one say anything abt it.....

but i really believe that attempts and age should not be reduced...

i have also applied for civil services prelims this yr for the first time..never aspired to be an IAS before but coz of few incidents in my life last yr i m really interested and feel confident of making thru...i ve opted for psychology & management...m presently working in a PSU bank..time is of constraint but with committed approach feel will sail thru..wish all aspirants all d best!!!

The number of vacancies has been increased to 965 for this year
Though i shall be writing PT next year, it's a good news for all the aspirants!

what is the max no. of attempts for d prelim papr for gen category students...n if i atempt prelm xam dis yr,nt clear it n don giv d reatempt nxt yr,den vl dat b countd??

Any Special eligibility criteria for Indian Foreign Service?

just a minor query...
My brother bought a UPSC application form from the post office but has now decided not to apply for the CSP(civil services prelims) examination...although he registered for the same in the post office(general category) but will that be counted as his attempt??

yamini88 Says
what is the max no. of attempts for d prelim papr for gen category students...n if i atempt prelm xam dis yr,nt clear it n don giv d reatempt nxt yr,den vl dat b countd??

total attempts allowed for general category-- 4

attempt is only counted if you appear in the exam on the exam day. Filling the form does not count as an attempt.

PreBha Says
Any Special eligibility criteria for Indian Foreign Service?

no special criteria. only graduation needed.

Should we take a foreign language test for Indian Foreign Service?

Thank you.. usually not much info is available about IFS.. so guessed it would be more competitive than IAS and has different exam standards..