Join the discussion on UPSC CDS Examination 2017 and get all updates about UPSC CDS Admit Card, UPSC CDS Syllabus and UPSC CDS Results..Explore more..
04.12.2015 is the last date to apply for CDS 2016
UPSC CDS Syllabus
The question paper is designed to test your understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Questions in English are from Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks.
General Knowledge Syllabus
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper also includes questions on History of India and Geography of a nature.
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
Number System - Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
Unitary method - time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory - Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
I want to appear for CDS(2) 2016 i am good in maths and average in english and i m not good at G,k.Are the ncert books best for static G.k for cdse or should i go with some other book
is cds 2016 written exam is only qualifying in nature
Here is the General Knowledge question paper analysis for CDS 2 2016 - https://www.pagalguy.com/news/upsc-cds-2-2016-general-knowledge-question-paper-analysis-46889431
https://gkaasanhai.wordpress.com/2016/11/29/blog-post-title/new appraoch to learn national parks
Current Affairs for December 22, 2016
Indian Enterprise Development Service to be created
- Union cabinet has passed a resolution for creation of a new service Indian Enterprise Development Service (IEDS).
- IEDS will function under Office of Development Commissioner, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- The service is being created with the aim of achieving targets under ambitious programs like Start Up India, Stan Up India and Make in India.
- An All India Service can be created if Rajya Sabha declares in a resolution supported by not less than two-thirds of members present and voting under Article 312.
Long Range subsonic missile Nirbhay successfully test fired
- Nirbhay is a long range surface-to-surface nuclear-capable subsonic cruise missile developed indigenously by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Nirbhay is nuclear capable missile with a speed of 0.7 Mach. It can strike a target at a distance of 700-1000 Kms.
- It is a terrain hugging missile which keeps on encircling the area of its target for several minutes and then hits bull’s eye’ on an opportune time. It is difficult to detect by enemy’s radars.
Maharashtra to have a separate ministry for Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- A Ministry for OBC will be created in Maharashtra.
- A first of its kind in any state, it will deal with all issues related to OBCs. OBCs form more than 35 per cent of the state's population.
- OBCs category were identified by the Mandal Committee report, 1980 as being eligible for reservation in governemnt jobs and higher education. They have a reservation of 27 per cent.
First ever vaccine for Chikungunya developed in US
- Researchers from United States have developed the first vaccine for Chikungunya fever made from an insect-specific Eilat virus.
- Chikungunya is a mosquito-borne virus that causes the disease. It is transmitted by Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquitoes. Its symptoms are characterised by abrupt fever and severe joint pain, often in hands and feet, and may include headache, muscle pain, joint swelling or rash. There is no specific antiviral drug treatment for chikungunya.
- Chikungunya treatment is directed primarily at relieving the symptoms, including the joint pain using anti-pyretics, optimal analgesics and fluids
Session Of Sociology by Praveen Pandey - Trented
Hi all, I have cleared CDS 2 2016… and the notification said, candidates have to register on joinindianarmy.nic.in within 2 weeks to get SSB allocated. So I registered on officer's entry, is that sufficient, or is there any other way of registration. Thanks.
How was the exam?
koyi aaj ka cds paper send krsekta hai kya...??here is my number whatsapp me if any one hav
Please upload cds general knowledge paper 2017... ..or send link..
Which one of the following is not an inter services establishment? 1)Ota 2)Nda 3) national defence college 4)armed forces medical college
Please upload gk scanned question booklet. It's a humble request ,please...any body😃
How will be the cutoff
Hello Defence Aspirants,
I have created a thread for TAT, WAT, SRT, SD practice for SSB Interviews. Genuine Candidates can follow the thread.
Let's work hard and smart to get that Recommendation
I have filled the form for OTA, CDS but the dimensions of signature and photograph has not been uploaded as per the directions. Is there any chance of rejection of form? Or am I suppose to fill the form again?