Unmaad '06 - IIMB's annual cultural fest!!

Madness, Melodrama and Mayhem Yes its that time of the year again when IIMB hits it big on the cultural scene. Unmaad is back! Unmaad 2006 - 3rd, 4th and 5th of February - keep those dates blocked; cause its Fun and Entertainment unlimited at …

Madness, Melodrama and Mayhem Yes its that time of the year again when IIMB hits it big on the cultural scene. Unmaad is back!
Unmaad 2006 - 3rd, 4th and 5th of February - keep those dates blocked; cause its Fun and Entertainment unlimited at IIM Bangalore!

The theme for Unmaad this year is "Your 5 minutes of Fame". Unmaad 2006 sets out to provide all participants and spectators with their just and deserved 5 minutes of fame! This is your chance to be featured by our national media partners. So be there at Unmaad and get your 5 minutes of fame!!

With 400 colleges invited and over 30,000 footfalls expected, Unmaad 2006 is one of Indias largest cultural festivals. Apart from this, over 100 corporates, IIMB alumini & hundreds of enthusiastic individuals like you have been invited to participate in this extravaganza which boasts of some of the highest prize monies across the nation. Fine Arts, music, dance, literary competitions, quizzes Unmaad has it all.

A cultural festival usually sees professional nites such as Euphoria (Unmaad 2004), Strings & Indian Ocean (Unmaad 2005) Parikrama & Moksha (Unmaad 2005 again). This year - Unmaad presents the Unity Concert with Pakistani band Jal (of "Woh Lamhe" fame) and the ace percussionist Sivamani.

But this is not all

Ladies and Gentlemen, the big difference is that this year Unmaad 2006 presents.......
Grammy winners JETHRO TULL Live in Concert, for the first time at any cultural festival in India, this international band will be playing live at the IIM Bangalore Grounds on the 3rd of February.

We hope to see you there at Unmaad 2006. For more details, check our website http://www.unmaad.com/

Keep watching for more - your 5 Minutes of Fame could be calling!

Visit http://www.unmaad.com/ for information about other events and tickets for professional shows such as Jal, Sivamani, and Jethro Tull!!!

We would be glad to answer any questions/doubts/queries that you might have regarding Unmaad here on this thread... For any specific information or clarifications, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]

See ya here!!
especially for all the MBA aspirants, CAT enthusiasts & this years call getters...this is the time when u can feel the pulse of the campus, soak in the atmosphere & check out what you may just be a part of in near future!!
Experience IIMB at its best; experience yourself being here, experience Unmaad!!
Visit http://www.unmaad.com/for information about other events and tickets for professional shows such as Jal, Sivamani, and Jethro Tull!!!

I dint get any such info from the site. Is it still under construction ?
Yeah, the site is under maintenance right now & should be up-to-date in a day or two...till then please bear with us & ask any queries on this thread...

Jas buddy,

i am here ... junta all around globe pour in ur queries.. and request u to be part of this grand event... especially would be happy to meet some pgites during event...

regards
monuguru

Hey all!

I am attaching the event schedule for Unmaad2006 (3-4-5th Feb @ IIMB campus). i am sure all you wud find a lot of events that excite & enthuse u to participate...

Most events are open to individual participants but some are open to colleges only while some open to corporates...please get in touch with me to know more about the events that interest you...

Visit www.unmaad.com for further details & registration.

3-Feb (Friday)
Literary
Dumbcee elims 10:00 - 14:00
20 Questions elims 10:00 - 12:00
Debate elims 10:30 - 16:30
20 Questions finals 13:30 - 15:30
Dumbcee finals 15:30 - 17:30

Musicals
Hindi solo and duet elims 10:00 - 15:00
Antakshari-elims 13:30 - 14:30
Antakshari-finals 15:30 - 18:30

Performing arts
Drama - One act plays 9:00 - 15:00
Street Play (Galli-Muhalla) 15:00 - 18:30

Fine arts
Collage 11:00 - 14:00
Fashion Design (Road to Milan) 14:00 - 17:00

Specials
Personality Contest elims 14:00 - 16:00
Jethro Tull Concert 18:30 - 23:00

will post the schedule for the 4 & 5th later...got to run for lecture...

4-Feb
Literary
College Quiz Elims 10:00 - 11:00
Debate finals 11:00 - 12:00
Pictionary elims 12:00 - 14:00
Pictionary finals 14:30 -17:00
College Quiz Finals 15:00 - 18:00

Musicals
Acoustics/Acapella 10:00 - 13:30
Instrumentals 10:00 - 14:00
Hindi solo and duet finals 14:00 - 17:30

Performing arts
Movie Spoof (Box Office) 13:00 - 14:30

Fine arts
Theme Painting (Rembrandts at work) 11:00 - 12:00
Rangoli 11:30 - 15:00
Face Painting (Mask-erade) 14:30 -17:00

Specials
B-School of Rock finals 14:00 - 17:30
Jal -Sivamani Concert 18:00 - 23:00

5-Feb
Literary
Whats the good word elims + finals 10:00 - 15:00
JAM elims + finals 10:00 - 15:00
Open Quiz elims 10:00 - 11:30
Press conference 11:30 - 15:00
Open Quiz finals 13:00 - 15:00

Musicals
Western Solo elims + finals 10:00 - 15:30

Performing Arts
Solo Dance elims & final 10:00 - 13:00

Fine arts
Clay Sculpture 12:00 - 14:30

Specials
Bangalore's Best College 09:00 - 15:00
Personality Contest 15:00 - 17:30
Fashion Show 17:30 - 20:00
Footloose - Choreo + Group Dance 20:00 - 23:00
Hey all!
As you must be knowing, this year has JETHROTULL and JAL & SIVAMANI performing at Unmaad on the 3rd and 4th of February respectively.
In case you are wondering where to get tickets for these concerts from, here goes:
Tickets are avalaible at all Pizza Hut outlets in Bangalore, at Forum and at the IIMB institute security gate. You may also order tickets online at www.fabmall.com. The link shall be available in a couple of days.
Be there!
Book your tickets for the Jal/Sivamani & Jethrotull concerts at www.fabmall.com now!

how to register for the fest. the site or link given are not being connected

Check this out...
Intervew with Ian Anderson frm JethroTull:

http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/jan/24tull.htm
http://in.rediff.com/news/2006/jan/25tull.htm

shary_madguy Says
how to register for the fest. the site or link given are not being connected

Please go to the site www.unmaad.com to register.

Wow... Jetro tull.
you guys have really outdone your self.
screw the foreign mba, the other b schools... school of rock indeed.

now more than ever, i hope i get in here for my mba.

just make sure the sound is done really well, as thats generally a major niggle.
make sure you get real pro's...

as for me, i'll try and arrange a client meeting in bangalore on really short notice (wishful thinking i know), but that the only way i can get away from work & take care of the airfare at the same time

---
http://senapaty.95mb.com/theories.html

Hey Everyone,
I guess it was about time i posted something on PG! Here is a piece of info which i think will definitely get some junta interested in.
A mail from my classmate informing the latest update of Unmaad '06.

Hi Guys,
The B School Of Rock this year has one of the best line-ups ever in any rock
competition in India and is even touted as having a better line-up than the
Great Indian Rock Show last year on the RSJ Forums. We have some of the biggest
bands in the country competing in the following line up.

Bhoomi
Myndsnare
Parousia
Junkyard Groove
Kryptos
Bhayanak Maut
Phenom

This is easily the best finals line-up for any college level fest and one of
the best ever for any competition in India.

Event is on the 4th of Feb from 10 am to 5 pm. Entry is free so try to get the
word to as many people as possible.
Rock On,
Sangeet Paul Choudary
Chief Event Coordinator, B-School Of Rock

Also present at Unmaad'06 Jethro Tull, Sivamani and Jal!!

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys (atleast the Blore PG junta here!)

Warm Regards,
Sanjeev V. Garuda

Also Cyrus Broacha is gonna be conducting the JAM and Press Conference events on the 3rd Feb
He will also pop in on the Informals stage

Cheers
Pushkar