University of Washington - Foster school

Hello all. I thought of starting a thread for fall 2008 applicants to University of Washington (seattle). I had applied for 15th Nov deadline and have been invited to interview with them on campus. I believe they have already start…

Hello all.

I thought of starting a thread for fall 2008 applicants to University of Washington (seattle).

I had applied for 15th Nov deadline and have been invited to interview with them on campus.

I believe they have already started interviewing in India and through with Delhi applicants.

If anyone is interviewed or has some insights...please share your experiences/thoughts about it..

Thanks,
Regards.

Hey...has no one really applied to this school?? It sounds a little strange...

Why is it strange? I have been researching MBA programs since Jan and I haven't even heard of this school. May be it is a good regional school and may be locals would be interested, but I guess it does not appeal much to internationals.

mba_fall2008 Says
Hey...has no one really applied to this school?? It sounds a little strange...

@mbafall_2008,thanks for the thread. I haven't applied , but i am considering UWASH in R-2.Please do let me know abt ur experience. UWASH is a nice skool and very reputed for its tech focus. It is known to be a breeding ground for IITians, not sure if that classfies it as a local skool.

coolr Says
Why is it strange? I have been researching MBA programs since Jan and I haven't even heard of this school. May be it is a good regional school and may be locals would be interested, but I guess it does not appeal much to internationals.

@coolr...considering ur profile maybe u didn't come across it during ur research...

In any case, Foster is a very good program especially entrepreneurship focus: small size and very good location...it has superb business connections

@venom I had applied for Nov deadline...was interviewed by adcomm...very standard interview...they will reply not before Jan last week...

Which other schools have u considered?

Well, my knowing or not knowing doesn't make a school good or bad. I apologize for my comment. There are many good programs I am not aware of.

All the best!

@coolr...considering ur profile maybe u didn't come across it during ur research...

In any case, Foster is a very good program especially entrepreneurship focus: small size and very good location...it has superb business connections

@venom I had applied for Nov deadline...was interviewed by adcomm...very standard interview...they will reply not before Jan last week...

Which other schools have u considered?

it is a regional school but they do have amazing placemnts due to its location. a new building etc is being built and investment is happenenijng. but seattle has so much business and so few good schools that placement shouldn t be a problem which is so important. average gmat requirnemet is high too. 670 types i think. Microsoft, starbucks, amazon to name a few are headquatered in seattle. great weather and lovely city.

Hello All,

Good to see some of you looking into Foster School. I too am looking for applying to this college for the Jan 15th deadline.

But I am having hard time getting any information as to what needs to be provided along with Proof of Financial support document.

Do we have to submit a bank statement saying that we will be capable of meeting the expenses for the first year (or) do we have to actually provide a summary of balance in our savings/checking accounts for the amount ?

And how come Foster asks for these docs even before we hear an admit decision?

Could you guys please guide me with this ?

Thanks so much,
vkm.

Hello All,

Good to see some of you looking into Foster School. I too am looking for applying to this college for the Jan 15th deadline.

But I am having hard time getting any information as to what needs to be provided along with Proof of Financial support document.

Do we have to submit a bank statement saying that we will be capable of meeting the expenses for the first year (or) do we have to actually provide a summary of balance in our savings/checking accounts for the amount ?

And how come Foster asks for these docs even before we hear an admit decision?

Could you guys please guide me with this ?

Thanks so much,
vkm.

I had submitted a bank statement showing the balance sufficient to meet first year expenses...(i.e a summary of balance)

great weather in seattle..lol.. Dude thats the best oxymoron I heard in recent times 😃 seriously.. I lived there for 6 yrs and can vouch that it rains 300days an year. But inspite of such weather, Seattle is a great place to live. There is no place cleaner and greener than this on earth I can say.
UW, is an excellent tech school. ranks in top 5 for CompSci. But management is ranked somewhere in 30s.

ATB,
-b

Hi,

I have applied for foster. Itz a good school. My prof ( exp : 8 yrs, 3 yrs in Proj/prog management at US, GMAT 640, tfl 101. gpa 3.1/4). I had a interview it went for an hour
questions :
a) shrt term and lng trm goal b) leadership postion..kind of work i do..etc tec..i did well...waiting for decision...

Thanks

Has anyone received an admit yet ??

Rajiv,

Have you heard anything. I spoke with Adcom couple of days back. they told decision will be provided by 25th 5.00pm. Whatz u r profile ? . what are the other schools you have applied ?

Thanks
P

Any Admits/Dings yet?!

Adcom called a couple of students yest...Did anyone from here hear from them??

I just got an email....ADMITTED

Dinged.:-(..Congrats to those who got admit..

Hey MBA_2008,

Hearty congratualtions 😃 Could you please share your profile ? did u get any scholarships ?

Thanks a ton! I have not received any scholarship information...i m not sure if they have decided yet.

My profile:
Female
Grad: BE IT Mumbai
GMAT:700 (48Q, 38V)
Work Ex: 3 yrs by fall 2008

Wish you good luck!

mba_fall2008, congratulations. Can you please share how was your interview experience ?

I applied to R2 (Jan 15th) deadline, just got an interview invite from UW. Since, they said that face-to-face interview is better, I have scheduled it on March 4th, in Bangalore.

Any tips ?

Also, do most of the people who apply get an interview invite, or only a selected few ?