University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School Of Business - 2011 intake aspirants

******************************************************** Calling all applicants to University Of Maryland Robert H. Smith School Of Business 2011 intake. ******************************************************** Couldn’t find a thread for S…

Calling all applicants to University Of Maryland Robert H. Smith School Of Business 2011 intake.
Couldn't find a thread for Smith aspirants !!!!
I'll start with my profile -

GMAT: 710 (Q45,V42,AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 113
Work Ex: 5.5 IT
Acads: Good
ECs: OK

looking forward to ur posts on this thread .

R1 applicants please post your interview exp. if at all anyone here at PG has been interviwed..

Cheers, :cheers:
Venkatesh

Calling all applicants to University Of Maryland Robert H. Smith School Of Business 2011 intake.
Couldn't find a thread for Smith aspirants !!!!
I'll start with my profile -

GMAT: 710 (Q45,V42,AWA5.5)
Work Ex: 5.5 IT
Acads: Good

looking forward to ur posts on this thread .

R1 applicants please post your interview exp. if at all anyone here at PG has been interviwed..

Cheers, :cheers:
Venkatesh

this thread is so quiet.. is anybody in this forum applying to UM Smith? 😐

Yes it is .. i guess it will start buzzing in another few days. I am targeting 15 Dec deadline .. I am re-applicant to UMD Smith.

tryingveryhard Says
Yes it is .. i guess it will start buzzing in another few days. I am targeting 15 Dec deadline .. I am re-applicant to UMD Smith.

i am also targetting 15th dec. deadline and i have a query on essays to be uploaded.
I am using word 2007 to write the essays. The online app. says I have to use double-space formatting but does not mention anything about left/right right margins, font-type, font size etc.
Any idea what is the general practice? I am currently using Arial size 10 with double line spacing. I am able to accomodate approx. 550 words in 2 pages (2 pages is the limit)

I am no expert however, last year, i used default MS word setting with Arial font 10 and double spacing.

May be you will like to clarify with ad-com.

I had one more doubt in the online application form..
There is a section which reads -
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Under the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, students are given the right to inspect their records, including letters of recommendation. While we shall consider all letters of recommendation carefully, we believe that in many instances letters written in confidence are, in the long run, of greater utility in the assessment of a student's qualifications, abilities, and promise.

If you wish to waive any rights you might have to these letters of recommendation, please initial here. []
_______________________________________________________________________________________

I wish to waive any rights that I might have to view my recommendation letter, because i think letters written in confidence serve the purpose better, so what exactly am i supposed to do. am i supposed to say Y/N in that text box or put my initials that is VI (Venkatesh Iyer). Its a small text box where i can enter 2 characters only.
please help!

im planning to apply to this univ...targeting dec 15th deadline!!!!

I had one more doubt in the online application form..
There is a section which reads -
Under the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, students are given the right to inspect their records, including letters of recommendation. While we shall consider all letters of recommendation carefully, we believe that in many instances letters written in confidence are, in the long run, of greater utility in the assessment of a student's qualifications, abilities, and promise.

If you wish to waive any rights you might have to these letters of recommendation, please initial here. []

I wish to waive any rights that I might have to view my recommendation letter, because i think letters written in confidence serve the purpose better, so what exactly am i supposed to do. am i supposed to say Y/N in that text box or put my initials that is VI (Venkatesh Iyer). Its a small text box where i can enter 2 characters only.
please help!

Putting you initials "VI" will do. Are you done with your essays yet?
tryingveryhard Says

Hi tryingveryhard..
May I ask you to please share your profile ?

Also can you tell me how much time does Maryland takes to give its decision?

Thanks

For the certificate of financial position, it says we cannot show loans as part of our funding options. how are you guys going about It. i was planning to apply to smith but i'm stuck up because of this clause.

Hi tryingveryhard..

Thanks

GMAT: 680
Education: 72% B. Tech (CSE) from India
Work Ex: Consultant (Pre-sales)- 6 years (2 yr India and 4 year Singapore)
Area of Interest: Consulting

Well in my case they didn't take long to inform me about ding last year. I am hoping to last till result announcement date.

Share your profile too and where else you are applying besides Smith?
GMAT: 680
Education: 72% B. Tech (CSE) from India
Work Ex: Consultant (Pre-sales)- 6 years (2 yr India and 4 year Singapore)
Area of Interest: Consulting

Well in my case they didn't take long to inform me about ding last year. I am hoping to last till result announcement date.

Share your profile too and where else you are applying besides Smith?

Thanks a lot for sharing details.

my profile
GMAT 660
Bachelors of Management Studies
Work -ex 2 and half years in finance and Family Business
targeting 3rd round

Planning to apply to UIUC also

Compared to last year...I feel very few students are applying to Maryland.

Just an assumption based on number of posts.:biggrin:
Hi tryingveryhard..

Thanks

OK heres my profile -

Work ex :: 5.5 yrs - (IT)
Intl. exp: 1 year Canada.
Acads: good
GMAT: 710

if u apply by dec 15 u will get a YES/NO decision by feb 15..
all the best for ur app :cheerio:
tryingveryhard Says

ya i am done with the essays

but guys i need help
i am stuck while submitting the app.
when i hit the submit button I get an error that I have not given a "State of residence". All states in that drop down are either US states or Canadian States.

Ive checked everywhere, and Ive given my country of residence as india. Still i am getting this error. The application says If i am not a US resident I can leave this field blank, and so I did leave it blank.. but i get the error.
what is to be done.. if any one has faced this error plesae let me know how u got rid of it .. i'll be very thankful...
P.S: ive written the Smith adcom as well. awaiting their reply..

Dec 15 is just around the corner ..
Thanks a lot for sharing details.

my profile
GMAT 660
Bachelors of Management Studies
Work -ex 2 and half years in finance and Family Business
targeting 3rd round

Planning to apply to UIUC also

Compared to last year...I feel very few students are applying to Maryland.

Just an assumption based on number of posts.:biggrin:

even i get the same feeling .. i visited the QS MBA world tour and saw this myself.. FIRST HAND!!

EU stalls were relatively empty.. some US ones were crowded .. adn Singapore and China stalls were overcrowded ..
are we seeing a SHIFT here?? :lookround:
Nishant23 Says
For the certificate of financial position, it says we cannot show loans as part of our funding options. how are you guys going about It. i was planning to apply to smith but i'm stuck up because of this clause.

ive spoken to Smith MBA they dont require this certificate along with application form.. so u can take ur time to submit this form..
OK heres my profile -

Work ex :: 5.5 yrs - (IT)
Intl. exp: 1 year Canada.
Acads: good
GMAT: 710

if u apply by dec 15 u will get a YES/NO decision by feb 15..
all the best for ur app :cheerio:

Hey
May I ask why have you selected Maryland, i mean u can easily get in better schools with your profile.

Guys,

I have applied in R1. I didnt get any communication/decision from them till date.

Anyone else who applied in R1 and got a decision from smith?Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
-Ritish

Hey
May I ask why have you selected Maryland, i mean u can easily get in better schools with your profile.

I chose UMaryland for many reasons .. first of all information systems concentration... thats where i see my future..

having said this ... i did not apply to lets say UCLA Anderson or Michigan Ross or Cornell or NYU Stern or columbia because the chances of scholarships there are very less.. i am not saying that i am going to get heavy schols at Umaryland but there are 'chances' ... i guess thats why. 😃

P.S: I cannot afford to goto US paying 60 lacs with no schols 😁 .. well i mean i can .. but it wouldnt be "wise".. 😁