University of Alberta

Hi, Anyone planning to join University of Alberta for Fall 2009 for a Full TIme MBA? I am keen and eager to know more about the college (even though my first few impressions have been good). If any one can help, please reply. I am interest…

Hi,

Anyone planning to join University of Alberta for Fall 2009 for a Full TIme MBA? I am keen and eager to know more about the college (even though my first few impressions have been good). If any one can help, please reply.
I am interested in Career Prospects after the MBA. The College by itself, the professors, infrastructure, facilities, industry contacts and students.

Thanks!

Anand.

Hey...even i got an admit from Univ of Alberta, Canada. Yeah, the college seems to be good, barring the extreme weather conditions there. Yeah, i am actually looking for a guy who is presently doing MBA who can help us in getting more details. I'll let you know once i get any info. You too update me with any information u get. BTW when is the last date given fr u for confirmation of admission???

Hey

I am planning to go there for 2010 Sept intake.

Are you guys already there? I have a lot of questions... need some help..

I am rite nw in Univ of Alberta

Hi chetan867

my interview for alberta mba is scheduled on 19th of this month. Can u plz tell me the kind of questions they ask and how much does it take. Secondly, after how much time do they let the candidate know about the decision?

Also, do u have any idea if they interview every candidate or only a few?

Thanks,
Kanwal

Hey Kanwal....

I too have applied to alberta.... My application stats is incomplete since my supporting documents haven't received yet.....

My profile is
GMAT -610
WorK Ex - 3yrs by fall 2010 (in Construction & Real Estate)

Can ypu please share your profile? and when did u applied to Alberta?

Regards
Mandeep

Hello Mandeep,

I will be having 2 years experience as a software developer in Oracle by Aug 2010.
GMAT: 600

I applied in mid December.

Which other colleges did u apply ?

Hey Kanwal

I have applied to UBC, York, McMaster,Alberta & Calgary. I have applied in End of Dec'09. My UBC & York applications r under review but MCMaster, Alberta & Clagry application r still incomplete since they have not received my Official TOEFL Score.

Where else than Alberta u hav applied to.

Regards
Mandeep

HEy Kanwal,MAndeep

I applied to alberta and ubc as well
660/8.0/3yrs

Recieved a mail that my documents have reached

guys lets disscuss if we have any chances of schols:cheerio:

hey gosmanu

You have gud chances to get an admit into UBC, rest all depends on essays.

When did u applied to UBC & Alberta. Mine UBC application is under review but alberta is still incomplete because my TOEFL score haven't reached University.

Regards
Mandeep

Hi Mandeep.

How many essays are there in Alberta ? I didn't find anything in the application form and I thought there was just one 'Statement of Intent' ( 1-2 pages ) that needs to be submitted.

Also, as far as the 'Letter of Recommendations' are concerned, you must have used the standard template and given it to the recommenders. Is it required to be handwritten by them or computer typed ? How many lines should be suggested to them per answer ?

My profile :- 640/6.0/109/6yrs. IT ( 3.5 yrs. USA for Fortune 5 client )

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Yeah there is only SOI for Alberta, mine post was for both UBC & Alberta. You have gud profile to seek admit in alberta. Which colleges else than Alberta you are applying to?

I have use Standard format for LOR and asked my recommendors to type them rest I don't how they have done it. It depends on your recommendors how well they can comment on your capabilities, I will suggest to ask your recommendor to write truth, any mismatch in information provided by you and recommendors may raise a doubt to adcoms.

And one more suggestion from my side, order your TOEFL score as soon as possible bcoz it take a lot time for TOEFL score to reach university. My 3 application still incomplete bcoz my TOEFL score haven't reached university.

Any other queries please ask them, I will be obliged to help you.

Regards
Mandeep

Hi Puys.

Had a couple of queries regarding Alberta MBA application.

1. I thought there were no essays for the Alberta MBA application. All I found was a 'Statement of Intent' (1-2 pages) that needs to be submitted and no other essay. Am I right ?

2. You all must have given the 'Letter of Recommendations' form to your recommendes. Are they supposed to be handwritten or computer typed by them ? And how many lines answer per ques. are advisable ? Please guide.

My profile :- Indian/640/6.0/109/6yrs. IT ( 3.5 yrs. in U.S.A. for Fortune 5 client )

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards.

Yeah there is only SOI for Alberta, mine post was for both UBC & Alberta. You have gud profile to seek admit in alberta. Which colleges else than Alberta you are applying to?

I have use Standard format for LOR and asked my recommendors to type them rest I don't how they have done it. It depends on your recommendors how well they can comment on your capabilities, I will suggest to ask your recommendor to write truth, any mismatch in information provided by you and recommendors may raise a doubt to adcoms.

And one more suggestion from my side, order your TOEFL score as soon as possible bcoz it take a lot time for TOEFL score to reach university. My 3 application still incomplete bcoz my TOEFL score haven't reached university.

Any other queries please ask them, I will be obliged to help you.

Regards
Mandeep

Thank you very much Mandeep. I really appreciate your help and will get back to you in case I need further guidance.

Apart from Alberta, I am looking at : Sauder, Thunderbird, Eller, Purdue (Krannert), SMU COX and Kelley. Dinged from UC Irvine already ( they need heavyweight GMAT, else I though my exp. and recos and other stuff was very good )

What do you think of the list ? WHat about you ? Where all are you applying ?

Thanks.

YEah ur shorlist is quite gud. Infact I had shortlisted the same colleges earlier before taking GMAT, I was quite confident to score above 700+ as all of my prep score were in 720 range but D-day went really bad and I ended with 610. After that I concentrated myself to only Canadian B-schools only.

I am applying to UBC, York, Alberta, McMaster, Concordia & Calgary. I have submitted all the application but my issue is delay in reporting of TOEFL scores. My UBC & York applications are complete and are under review. What is your application status? I will suggest you to apply to York also.

Regards
Mandeep

Hi,

Alongwith Albert I have applied to UBC, McGill, McMaster & Calgary.

I was rejected by UBC & McGill but I have got an offer from McMaster.

Alberta & Calgary apps are under review.

hey kanwalmultani

How r u checking ur Calgary application status. There is no status update of application. I guess I missed that particular mail in SPAM folder. Can you share me the link to check the status of application.

Regards
Mandeep

YEah ur shorlist is quite gud. Infact I had shortlisted the same colleges earlier before taking GMAT, I was quite confident to score above 700+ as all of my prep score were in 720 range but D-day went really bad and I ended with 610. After that I concentrated myself to only Canadian B-schools only.

I am applying to UBC, York, Alberta, McMaster, Concordia & Calgary. I have submitted all the application but my issue is delay in reporting of TOEFL scores. My UBC & York applications are complete and are under review. What is your application status? I will suggest you to apply to York also.

Regards
Mandeep

Hey Mandeep.

Sorry about the GMAT but I think you can defn. try in Canadian B-schools. Even I had to rush my preps. and ended up with 640, although expected more on the basis of the prep test scores.

Most of my applications are complete for review because I also sent a unofficial scores copy of my GMAT and TOEFL ( printout of the website scores ) in the application packet. That has helped me quite a bit. Only Sauder and Alberta are left and I guess, I will finish Sauder before end of this week and Alberta by next. In between next week, I will also courier both the application packets if I get my recommendations.

As far as York (Schulich) is concerned, I am looking at it even though their GMAT avg. is 660 ( I think can offset it with my GPA and experience. But it's a very expensive school and I think if at all I try any more schools, I might try something in U.S.

What do you think ?

Thanks.

Hi Mandeep,

Calgary has not updated the status. I mailed to the graduation admission deptt and they told me about the status. You can mail and verify if the docs have reached or not. My docs reached on 14 Dec and when I enquired I was
told that the docs have not reached but when I provided the courier details they replied that the docs are with them.