UNC KFBS 2009 Applicants

Hi, dint find any thread for UNC aspirants. so starting a new one. my profile GMAT - 710(Q49 V37) AWA 5.0 Workex - 5yrs till date(teaching,manufacturing and CAE) targeting R1(24/10) started essays two days ago

Hi,

dint find any thread for UNC aspirants. so starting a new one.

my profile

GMAT - 710(Q49 V37) AWA 5.0
Workex - 5yrs till date(teaching,manufacturing and CAE)

targeting R1(24/10)
started essays two days ago

Essay questions:
1. What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? Do you have other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future? Your response should not exceed 500 words
2. Briefly describe the career path you intend to pursue immediately after b-school. Explain why this career option appeals to you and why an MBA is appropriate at this time. Your response should not exceed 500 words.
3. What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to Kenan-Flagler? Your response should not exceed 500 words.
4. What do you expect from your MBA program? How and when will you measure the return on your investment in the MBA? Your response should not exceed 500 words.
5. If your GMAT quantitative score is low, or if you have not had coursework in calculus, microeconomics, statistics and financial accounting, please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative MBA curriculum. 300 words maximum.(Optional)
6. Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you in order to evaluate your candidacy? 300 words maximum.(Optional)

Format:
At the top of each page, include your full name and the number of the question you are answering. Use at least 11-point font, and 1.5 line spacing. Documents in *.doc format are preferable, but *.pdf and *.txt files are acceptable

I started with Q1 and almost nearing completion

posting my approach. any suggestions/comments are welcome

1. Mentioned 3 strengths which fall in the purview of the selection criteria
  2. brought out strengths with an illustration
  3. the second part refers to the latent strengths
  4. need to show where did these strengths emanate from

No UNC aspirants is it?

Some info abt KFBS

We seek candidates with strengths in these areas:

Leadership and organizational abilities
Communication skills
Interpersonal skills
Teamwork abilities
Track record of results
Drive and motivation
Analytical skills and problem solving ability
Prior academic performance
Career progression and career goals

Class Profile
Class Statistics

Class size 280 GMAT (median) 690 GMAT (mid 80% range) 620-740 GPA from U.S. Schools (median) 3.3 Years work experience (median) 5 Age (median) 28 Age Range 23-43 Male 71% Female 29% U.S. Minority 13% Foreign Nationals 29% Students with partners 31%

Hi Vivek Bhai,
count me too for KFBS. I am also targetting R1. :2gunfire:

My Stats
========
GMAT: 710 (Q: 48, V: 40)
Work experience: 3.3 years in IT till date.
Undergrad: BITS-PILANI (2005 pass out) with 8.2/10 CGPA
Extra curriculars and community exp: Strong

If possible, I would like to speak to you. Kindly pm me your no. I am also in Bangalore. Wishing you luck in this application journey ....

Hello All!

Count me in. IT Male/24/730/3+ yrs/ 1+ International

Will try to go for R1 as KFBS is one of my top options.

Yet to start essays. How is everybody doing on that front?

Count me in too.
IT / Financial Services
M / 27 / 5+ years of work ex/ 1+ years international / 710
I'm interested in Finance particularly investment management.
Also i'm a CFA Level 1 candidate...What about you guys..
Anybody interested in visiting UNC ?

Count me in too.
IT / Financial Services
M / 27 / 5+ years of work ex/ 1+ years international / 710
I'm interested in Finance particularly investment management.
Also i'm a CFA Level 1 candidate...What about you guys..
Anybody interested in visiting UNC ?

I might visit the school, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to do so before R1.

Count me in as well - I am also targetting R1
GMAT: 720
Work experience: 3 years in IT with 1.5 years onsite.
Undergrad: BITS-PILANI (2005 pass out)
Extra curriculars and community exp: Decent

Do any of you have any contacts of KF alumni? I am trying to get in touch with someone from KF. I am planning to visit the school but htat wont happen until November

Hey guys count me in too. Am targeting R1 for Fall 2009. Indian/IT Field/2+ years as of now/700 GMAT (Q 50 V 34). Strong acads and extra curricular activities. Yet to start the essays, but started on the application process as such.

Hi all,
attended the KFBS info session in Mumbai. The session was really insightful and well presented by Prof. Swaminathan. I interacted with alumni and esp. Mr. Mehul was quite helpful. They gave us a wonderful CD that has complete info about the school.

I am really surprised by the inactivity or no-activity in this thread .. come on guys start pouring in your thoughts.. KFBS is a fantastic school

Hey Guys,

Count me in too for KFBS (4+ yrs exp in IT/Male). I was going through the essay topics. There is this essay - 'How do you distinguish yourself?'. Everybody replied to this post is from IT and almost of the same profile. Just wondering what are we IT folks going to write in this essay? How do we differentiate us from everybody in the IT?

Comments welcome.

-SecondMaverick

Anyone completed the interview? Please post your experiences on the this thread..

Hi guys, me 2 applying to kenan.....i have a small doubt ...the app form says that "Applicants must submit official records from every academic institution attended after secondary school"......can u tell me if we are supposed to submit our 10th and 12th standrad records also?

Hey guys

I'm applyin to UNC as well. Foll are my stats

M/24/IT
680 GMAT
3 yrs work ex by fall 09
Strong credentials at work and otherwise
Was technical lead for the contract mgmt app for Dow Jones and was part of the Cognizant-DJ Busines Dev taskforce. Worked on proposals and other collaterals for DJ and as result recently moved to the Business Consulting Practice of my firm.

Was a former state tennis player and drummer for my band in coll.

Looking to apply in R2. Good luck to the rest of you..

Cheers
Rajiv

Hey guys...

Im targeting R2 for UNC.. My profile is as follows...

GMAT - 730 (AWA 6.0)
Acads - 75.2% (B Tech Comp Sci) - 2006 Grad

1 yr with a Software Services Firm

Floated an executive search firm in 2007 catering exclusively to the Banking and Fin Services Industry. Started with a core team of 3 Consultants and currently managing a team of 11 Consultants and 23 Associates. Clientele includes HSBC, Deutsche Bank, KPMG and so on.

Will have 3 years WE by Fall 09.

Lot of extra curriculars and community service. Part of forums like Young Indians, Teach India...

Good luck to all... 😃

Hey Guys,

I am targeting R2. UNC is my top choice but I had to defer it to R2 due to their requirement on TOEFL and I had not taken it.
GMAT - 650
Acad - top 5% of college, NITR
workex 8 yrs, IT + financial (working as Senior business analyst)
Good leadership positions
Great community service.