UNC-Kenan-Flagler Fall 2010 Aspirants

Hi, This thread is intended to discuss the application process of Kenan-Flagler or any other B-School that considers GMAT score.

Hi,

This thread is intended to discuss the application process of Kenan-Flagler or any other B-School that considers GMAT score.

Hi,

This thread is intended to discuss the application process of Kenan-Flagler or any other B-School that considers GMAT score.

Hi Vikas,

Great to see a thread started for Kenan-Flagler. Well I was considering this school in my list but not able to finalize. Can you share some idea on why did you opted for this school, chances of scholarship etc...
Cheers,
Akshay

I am in for R2.

guys did anyone receive a mail saying "UNC Kenan-Flagler Interview Invitation"???
i am just trying to see its a mail sent to everyone or I am shortlisted for interview.

appreciate any lights on this.

guys did anyone receive a mail saying "UNC Kenan-Flagler Interview Invitation"???
i am just trying to see its a mail sent to everyone or I am shortlisted for interview.

appreciate any lights on this.

Have you applied? Atleast I have not got such mail. I am about to apply soon but I am registered with them.

What does the mail say?

i opened the application and filled the form, but not yet submitted part 1,
i got this mail recently and it stated that I have been shortlisted for interview and I need to submit part 1 for getting the interview date.
anyways have already written to them, lets see what they have to say.

btw...do we need to send them original transcripts by courier??? if yes then how wud someone manage sending them the transcript in the midst of application to other schools?

Even i got that mail.All those who have opened up application have got the mail. But we need to complete Application part 1 and submit it before we schedule our interview.
But the application would be considered submitted in whole only on completition of Part 2

Hi Vikas,

Great to see a thread started for Kenan-Flagler. Well I was considering this school in my list but not able to finalize. Can you share some idea on why did you opted for this school, chances of scholarship etc...
Cheers,
Akshay

Hi Akshay,

I chose this school for the fact that few of my frnds with profile similar to that of mine have been able to crack thru even in the 3rd round. So I see some hope. But then again all depends on the way you present urself specially in the essays.

My Profile is
Gmat 710
Exp: 4years as of now at Nokia Siemens Networks.
EC: have presented 3 papers in international conferences and was invloved in debates and all in college.
Community service: Negligible.
Even i got that mail.All those who have opened up application have got the mail. But we need to complete Application part 1 and submit it before we schedule our interview.
But the application would be considered submitted in whole only on completition of Part 2

Guys,

I have not applied as of now.Planning for R2.
However its gr8 that you guys have already received intw calls.

Hi Guys,

Could all of you share ur profile ?

BR,
Vikas

i opened the application and filled the form, but not yet submitted part 1,
i got this mail recently and it stated that I have been shortlisted for interview and I need to submit part 1 for getting the interview date.
anyways have already written to them, lets see what they have to say.

btw...do we need to send them original transcripts by courier??? if yes then how wud someone manage sending them the transcript in the midst of application to other schools?

Hi sjed,

I dont think u'll have to send original transcript to them. I guess u can send photocopies attested by ur college or university in an envelope which also needs to be attested.

BR,
Vikas
Hi Vikas,

Cheers,
Akshay

Hi Vikas,

Great to hear that 3 of your friends are admitted to UNC, so I guess you must be having better insights of UNC.

Do you have any idea about the scholarships that UNC gives. Kindly share the info....

Thanks and Regards,
Akshay
Hi Vikas,

Great to hear that 3 of your friends are admitted to UNC, so I guess you must be having better insights of UNC.

Do you have any idea about the scholarships that UNC gives. Kindly share the info....

Thanks and Regards,
Akshay

I don have the details as of now. but I'll try to find out.
BTW what other institutes are u planning for ?

BR,
Vikas
I don have the details as of now. but I'll try to find out.
BTW what other institutes are u planning for ?

BR,
Vikas

Well I am looking for colleges that are known for giving good scholarships. I am selecting following colleges:
Kelley
Owen
Boston Uni
SMU
Katz
Well I am looking for colleges that are known for giving good scholarships. I am selecting following colleges:
Kelley
Owen
Boston Uni
SMU
Katz

Well u can also have alook at Michigan-Broad and Emory University (Goizueta).
I've heard they also give good scholarships.

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Well I havent done detailed research about Broad, As per Rankings(FT, BW and US reports) didn't impress me much... But If you have any specific details about the college doing well in consulting domain... kindly lemme know.

Regards,
Akshay

Hello Puys,

I learnt UNC - KF requires all of the indian applicants to take toefel.
How much of this is true ?

are any exceptions allowed ?

Most of the US schools donot ask for toefel from indian applicants ?

I am planning to write to them and ask for a waiver.
It really hectic to take the test amidst applications.

is anyone aware of such exceptions for UNC ? please let me know

thanks,
Neo

Hey Neo,

I called up UNC and they told me they will not give a TOEFL waiver to Indian University students even if medium of instruction was English during UG.

Hence, I am giving TOEFL this Saturday.

Anybody has any idea what effort neds to be put in to get a good toefl score....I have not started yet?

Is it necessary to send the official GMAT and TOEFL scores before submitting the application?
I found the following information "The admissions committee may use an unofficial GMAT score to render a decision on an applicant. If the applicant is admitted, the applicant will need to provide the official score report from Pearson Vue before he/she can enroll." in the link -
https://admissionsapp.unc.edu/kfbs/App/Instructions_Printfriendly.asp

Hi Guys,
I am planning to apply to KF for the early decision. I am a little confused about this essay.
Kenan-Flagler has five core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. If you could add one value what would it be and why? Be sure to explain how you have lived this value.

Are they asking for one other value or one among the core values that I would add?

help appreciated.

Thanks,
V