UNC Kenan Flagler Aspirants: Fall 2011

Hi, I am a fall 2011 aspirant. I applied in R1 and had a telephonic interview on Nov 12th. Has anyone received an admit yet?

Hi,

I am a fall 2011 aspirant. I applied in R1 and had a telephonic interview on Nov 12th. Has anyone received an admit yet?

hey ...
i too has a interview 2 days back ...
in my interview they ask a question what my brother do and I told he is finanacial consultant. It seems he got an impression I am from very rich family. Does that effects my scholarship which I could get ?

Hi,

I am a fall 2011 aspirant. I applied in R1 and had a telephonic interview on Nov 12th. Has anyone received an admit yet?

Interview scheduled for the 2nd of Dec. Originally tried scheduling a face to face alum interview....but the alum did not respond....so a little upset but lets see how the telephonic application goes....can any of you share details of the interview experience??

I had a telephonic interview. It was quite conversational with lots n lots of questions from the resume.
Questions pertaining to my childhood experiences, college life etc
How I chose my undergrad college?
why I chose electronics & comm for engineering (I did engg in EC and landed in IT job like many others 😃 )
How I got my first job?
What made me transition to my new organisation?
What difference I feel in the two organisations?
Current responsibilities?
No of people reporting to me (Since I am a team lead)
Why Mba?
Why Now?
Future Goals?
Why UNC?
What diversity would I add to the class?
If my recommender was asked to describe me in two words, what would he say?
Does my current manager knows that I am applying to B Schools? (I have recos from previous org)
Have I interacted with any current students?
Hobbies?
If I have any questions?

The only issue was that the interviewer asked questions in between my answers, so the flow was breaking and I could not put all my points as he was jumping from 1 question to another.

Hope that helps

@ Iqbal86 - As u would have understood by now, I dont belong to merchant navy 😃

Dinged after interview. 700/3WE/Energy Industry

VGadde Says
Dinged after interview. 700/3WE/Energy Industry

I applied in R1.

How did your interview go? Hope you dont mind sharing your iv exp.

Got through!!! Ecstatic! Need to find out about scholarship options!

Arunsundar Says
Got through!!! Ecstatic! Need to find out about scholarship options!

hi,

CONGRATS ! :cheerio:

btw scholarship details would be mentioned in the email..

pls PM your email if your planning to join UNC..

Thanks.
I applied in R1.

How did your interview go? Hope you dont mind sharing your iv exp.

Not at all!
The interview was with Julie Wiley of AdCom, questions were from a standard lot - why MBA, why now, why KFBS - along with a run up of my resume. No question was out of oridinary.
Though I had prepared, I couldn't articulate the points during interview because of a stressful work week
:( 😞 😞

Got an admit yesterday
Waiting for the scholarship details. Nothing was mentioned in the mail regarding the scholarships....called them...was told that the scholarship details will be sent in a week.

I have applied in R2 and got an interview scheduled with an alumnus on 8th January.

My profile is
GMAT (700), 6 Years WE, IT Industry (Project Leader), Engg. (78.86%)

I have applied in R2 and got an interview scheduled with an alumnus on 8th January.

My profile is
GMAT (700), 6 Years WE, IT Industry (Project Leader), Engg. (78.86%)

Hey Abhishek,

Were you invited for the interview? When did you get the invite from them? I have applied for the Dec 3rd deadline and am waiting to hear from them.

Cheers

Hello Naveen,

I got an invite before submitting the application. I guess they send out interview invites by looking at your resume, WE, score and background information, even if you don't submit the application.

Don't worry, UNC interviews most of their applicants.

Regards

Hi puys,

can someone please tell me the chances of applying to UNC for Jan deadline (R3)??
my profile:
gmat: 710/5WE/telecom domain/ pre-sales & marketing exp in MNC/decent acads

thanks
nitin

Got an admit yesterday
Waiting for the scholarship details. Nothing was mentioned in the mail regarding the scholarships....called them...was told that the scholarship details will be sent in a week.

Hey ship123
how much schol did u get?
Hey Abhishek,

Were you invited for the interview? When did you get the invite from them? I have applied for the Dec 3rd deadline and am waiting to hear from them.

Cheers

Even I am waiting for an interview invite..applied on Dec 3rd deadline.
Keep my fingers crossed.

And congratulations to all those who got an admit :-)
hope you get tons of scholarships !

Hi Guys,

Just needed some tips on the essay question no. 2 -

The essay doesn't not specifically mention "Why Kenan-Flagler?". Instead is asks "Why MBA". So should I keep the answer generic and not focus too much on "why KF" or should I focus heavily on how the school will help me achieve my goals?

Your inputs will be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Hi Guys, just a quick question..do we need to submit official gmat test score to kenan-flagler or will unofficial scores do?