UNC Kenan-Flagler 2008: Interviews and beyond

Hi all, Applicants to KFBS, please discuss here your plans, experiences and what not… I’m planning to visit KF sometime soon. Will post the experience here. Has anyone scheduled interview yet? Regards, coolr

Hi all,

Applicants to KFBS, please discuss here your plans, experiences and what not...

I'm planning to visit KF sometime soon. Will post the experience here. Has anyone scheduled interview yet?

Regards,
coolr

Hi all,

Applicants to KFBS, please discuss here your plans, experiences and what not...

I'm planning to visit KF sometime soon. Will post the experience here. Has anyone scheduled interview yet?

Regards,
coolr

Record of my MBA Journey

Hi,

I am also planning to apply to UNC. I am planning to apply for early action round , hence scheduled an interview on 15th.

What about you?? Are you in the US??

Thanks,
K.Shankar

Yes, I'm in US. So far I haven't even started, but I'm still targeting early action round. Not taken date for interview yet.

Looks like we are in the same boat, I have also not started writing my essays.

Anyways, I would like to know about your inclination for choosing KFBS. Are you looking at a specialization and what other schools are you looking at ??

I'm looking at general management. KFBS offers a very close-knit culture which I really like. Academically, it is very good. And very important, it gives merit based scholarships to 25% of its class 😃

Just a small query.
How good is Kenan Flagler for someone who wants to do a general management program with a bit of focus on technology. Does proximity to RTP help?

Hi Puys,
Me too In.
My Interview is on 27th this month.
Stats: 760/5.5 5+ entrepreneur.
Will keep you posted about the interview.

Best of luck Kritik787, please do share your interview experiences. BTW are you a fully fledged entrepreneur or you have been doing part time. Also, any specific reasons for choosing KFBS??

All the best, Kritik787! Let us know how it was...

to everyone who'll be applying at Kenan Flagler -

what's the one thing that differentiates KF from other schools.
as far as i understand, they are known for marketing (consumer goods as well as high tech products) and sustainable economy.
so, does that automatically close the door for international students?

KFBS has a very good finance program.The faculty and alumni is strong in finance. So its good both for finance and marketing. And most internationals end up in both.

Hi bysodus,

Thanks for replying. It looks like you a current student at KFBS. Can you please advise about the scholarship opportunities in KFBS? Have Indian students got full scholarship in your batch and next? How are people chosen for scholarships?

Thanks...
coolr

bysodus Says
KFBS has a very good finance program.The faculty and alumni is strong in finance. So its good both for finance and marketing. And most internationals end up in both.

Hi. Thanks for the response.
Can you please add on to the kind of interface KFBS has with the tech sector.
As per my understanding, both Duke MBA students as well as UNC engineering students have been quite active with tech sectors (industry interface, internships, final placements). But, what's the case with KFBS?
Just a small query.
How good is Kenan Flagler for someone who wants to do a general management program with a bit of focus on technology. Does proximity to RTP help?

At KFBS, many companies like Microsoft, Linovo, Dell, Dupont, FedEx . . come to campus for Gen. Mgmt. rotational programs. Yes, proximity to RTP helps.

Hi! Guys,
I am new to this thread.
I am apping for UNC MBA for fall 2008.
I read somewhere in the previous posts regarding interviews being scheduled.
I thought interviews need to be scheduled once one gets a call. Has UNC started giving calls?
I thought the first deadline is around end oct. Guys correct if I am wrong?
BTW any alums in this thread?
Cheers!!

@Sana - Thanks for the info.
@cs.sarmah - Don't know for sure, but I think bysodus is a current student at KFBS

Hi guys,

I am also a 2008 UNC applicant:

GMAT 730 4.5
Acads : Average
EC: Good
Exp : 4 yrs in IT by Fall 2008

Cheers,
Vikizz

Anyone completed the interview? I have scheduled mine on Oct 20th on campus, last date allowed for Round 1! My app process is going really slow. Not even a single essay completed so far! I wrote the career essay, but it turned out to be a detail of my resume 😞
How about others? How many essays completed?

I have my telephonic interview scheduled on Oct 15th. Not able to spend much time on essays, hence progress is very slow. I think that most of the work would be done in the last week when reality sets in 😃