UMich Ross 2009 Applicants

Hey guys, Could not find any Ross 2009 applicants thread. The discussions on the other ross threads have died out…Hence this one… We can share our profiles, goals and help each other make it to this top B school… :: My profil…

Hey guys,

Could not find any Ross 2009 applicants thread. The discussions on the other ross threads have died out...Hence this one..

We can share our profiles, goals and help each other make it to this top B school....

My profile:

Im an IT guy. Have around 3 years of work ex. Was in the financial domain most of the time. I wanted to get to the operations and manufacturing domain. Now atlast i am in the domain that ive wanted to get into. Ive been in this domain for 4 months. WHile applying i would have around 8 months in this domain.

I have already taken my gmat. Ive score 710. Ive got a balanced score in maths and english. I have a 4.5 on the AWA (Would this score of AWA be a concern?) I have a decent academic record.
10 --> 75 %
12 --> 80 %
Engg (electronics and commn) --> 84 %

Extracurricular --> I play the guitar, i learn french (would be completing the 2nd level by august).

NGO Stuff --> Was doing my bit for the community last year for around 5-6 months...but had to change compnies. SO could not contnue...Would be taking it up again this year..

Start postin' ....

Am right now in the process of finalising my list..
And Ross is one of the schools that I've been able to finalize so far..

Surely would be a R1 applicant!!

Me too man...Ross would be my R1 school...

Nice bloggin...BTW did u catch up with ur frd who was admitted to wharton?? Any tips u wanna share??

I am also apping this time, but donno whether i would blog abt it..Lets c..

Giving a bump to this thread!!
Any more Ross applicants around??

Hi Guys,

Count me in.
Ross in my target list too. Infact, Its the one which has remained in my list which has got rejuggled a million times in last few month.
But I got a dissappointing 690 in GMAT and plan to retake it. Also, they moved their R1 deadline way ahead to oct 10 instead of Nov 1 in prev years. So, R1 is ruled out for me.
Best of luck to you guys.
Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Sumit

well... even I planned to apply to Ross but a meager 650 in GMAT makes me think twice... any advice puys... should I retake the GMAT or start with the apping?? I have a decent profile and good extra-curriculars...watsay...i really need advice... thanks...

DT_2009 Says
well... even I planned to apply to Ross but a meager 650 in GMAT makes me think twice... any advice puys... should I retake the GMAT or start with the apping?? I have a decent profile and good extra-curriculars...watsay...i really need advice... thanks...

650 is surely a bit low by Indian standard, especially if u r from IT..
But then with solid extra-curriculars and a decent profile, people having score as low as 550 have got in Stan!!
I don't know what constitutes your decent profile.. Share that with us and then may be puys can help better..

Hi puys..

am posting my details... pls chip in ur inputs as to how decent a chance do I have or whether I should retake the GMAT to improve my chances...

Work ex - IT industry. Reputed IT company. Total of 3 years by June 2009.
Academics - 91% - Class 10th
85%- Class 12th
76% - BTech, Delhi
Extra Curriculars -
- Learn dance
- Won the JK Pal Memorial Award, IEEE.
- Represented North India in Pakistan for a tech fest.
- President of various college societies.
- Cultural Cordinator - 2005
- Lots of prizes in dancing.
- Represented my school in the Nationals of Inter CBSE schools for TT.

Eagerly waiting for ur reply... thanks in advance

Hi puys..

am posting my details... pls chip in ur inputs as to how decent a chance do I have or whether I should retake the GMAT to improve my chances...

You have probably heard it a gazillion times before but let me just repeat a fact - 'It is impossible for anyone to predict your chance at a particular B-school'... I myself have stopped pondering over that question now and it is a relief... just try to give your best while not going all
Regarding the GMAT score, i agree with what quizophobic mentioned but if you truly feel that with another month's preparation (aiming for R1 deadlines) you can crack 700+, go for it by all means else concentrate on extracting the most from your profile... your ECs in school are great, got anything similar to highlight at work?

On a side note, I am Ross R1 applicant too and was wondering if we have any Ross current students/alumni around here? Or is there another thread for the expert gyaan... I am all :bigear:

yeah .. i know no one can predict my chances..(the count moves to a gazzilion + 1... 😉 ) but since I was told to post my profile, I added a little detail as well...

Under normal circumstances, I would have definitly taken the test again but due to medical reasons, I can't make it before the R1 deadlines and I am a wee bit sceptical about applying in R2... hence, I guess shall be gng ahead with this score only... :nervous:

anyway.. all the best to u for the apping...

Dear All
I also want to apply to UMich Ross for the 2009 session..
Pls assess my profile and let me know if I have any chance:
GMAT Score: 670
4 years work ex in Sales in MAruti Suzuki India Ltd
Decent Acads
done some community work also during my college days and still continuing with that.....
your inputs would be very valuable to me...
thanks

Whats the status of everyone's appln?? Anyone through with essays and recos??

Am yet to start...Have to take toefl on 21 sept...Hence am not able to devote my total attention towards the apping...Would start after that..or probably would squeeze in sometime in between..

Whats the line you guys wanna pursue in Ross? I am planning to move into the Ops line...I would apply to the Tauber Institute as well. Its an amazing one for operations..Any one else looking at ops and tauber??

What are the other schools you guys aiming at??

Hi
I am also planning on Ross R2. Initially I was targetting R1 but I dont think I can get my essays done by Oct 10th...
Do we have any alumni around here who can share some gyan???

All the best to all the fellow aspirants....!!

Hi
I am also planning on Ross R2. Initially I was targetting R1 but I dont think I can get my essays done by Oct 10th...
Do we have any alumni around here who can share some gyan???

All the best to all the fellow aspirants....!!

Hi Lakshmiraj,

could you share your profile with us and let us know which field you are aiming at in the Ross?

Have all you guys gotten your transcripts done from your university? I am yet to do that but I think at Ross during the application stage, the scanned copy of your original mark sheets are enough..This is how I plan to submit the transcripts while apping...Please correct me if I am wrong..Anyone doing the same thing?

Hi,
I am planning to apply for R2.. here goes my profile -
GMAT - 720
3+ years in IT.... spent around a year and a half onsite
BE from BITS, Pilani... GPA of around 8
Short term goal - Consulting in general management and strategy... Long term - non profit consultancy...
Have decent experience working for non profit organizations...

Hoping to get in touch with fellow aspirants!!

Is TOEFL really important? I have been reading in most of the schools that you get a TOEFL waiver if your mode of teaching is English.... I hope that is what it is...

Hey all,

I am trying to work out a list of schools where to apply to...just wanted to get some insights into

What is ross known for in terms of specialization (Finance, Marketing , IT), and how is the placement scene and post MBA recruitment reuptation(assuming no direct placement out of B school) and internship.

I have gone thru the website, but i would request someone who has the "Real" info about it, to pls share it.

thanks
Nishant Khanna

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if Ross offers loans to International students without a co-signer? I checked out the Ross website and it says the CitiAssist loan "might" require a co-signer.
My decision to apply would be largely dependent on this.

Btw, I am an Indian IT male - 730 on GMAT.