UMD Smith MBA Fall 2013 aspirants

Starting this thread for all who aspire to pursue a full-time MBA at Smith School of Business (University of Maryland) for its FALL 2013 session. Please share your application status and your profiles. Let’s keep this thread updated…

Starting this thread for all who aspire to pursue a full-time MBA at Smith School of Business (University of Maryland) for its FALL 2013 session. Please share your application status and your profiles. Let's keep this thread updated...
Hi Guyz... I applied to the school in Round 1... and have been admitted with $$$...
My profile:
GMAT: 700
Exp: 6 yrs in production planning and execution
Acads: B.E (Mech) frm Mumbai
Extra-curr: Decent

Is there anybody else who plans to apply or hv an admit to UMD Smith??..

Hi Guys,

I have my interview scheduled for Monday 14th Jan. I will be travelling to UMD for the interview. Any tips from folks on this forum are welcome ?
Also is there anything you need to keep in mind while taking Smith's interview?

Thanks in advance

All the best for ur interview!!

My interview was on skype with Mr. Samkang... he akd a few usual ques.. abt ur profession, career goals, why smith... he ws vry specific when it came to our short term goals.. he wld want to knw ur dream company and dream role... shd be a good 30 min comfortable intrvw...

I applied in round 2, interviewed already. Awaiting decision .

@mbadiwe gr8.. pls share ur profile..
@red-devil GRE 326, 6 years commercial banking/treasury. i have an offer already and already accepted that.
@mbadiwe gr8... by the way i m frm mumbai... wher r u from??..

Guys, got a mail few weeks back from UMD to complete my application by 7th Jan (deadline is 15th for the round), as UMD admissions representatives are travelling to India in the end of January for personal interviews.

Anyone got a interview invite, yet ?

I've been admitted to Smith with decent scholarship.
Most probably, I am joining Smith.
Can someone post here the exact break-up of the expenses one incur while studying at College Park for 2 years? Any current student or Alumni?

Also, guys, please let me know if anyone has started processing Financial Documents? I have got an e-mail from Maryland Graduate house requesting me to send these documents. Can someone enlighten me on this aspect?

Got an interview invite. Saw their interview slots. They have dedicated 3 full days from 29- 31 Jan for interviews in Mumbai. 8 slots a day from 9am to 5pm.

Hi,
I applied to UMD in R3. I received an interview invite on 19-Jan. Scheduled it in Feb.
Any tips for the interview?

My profile:
GMAT: 710
TOEFL: 115
Work Exp: 2 years, SAP Projects, Automotive Industry
Acads: Good, B. Tech (CSE)
Extracurricular: Good

Please keep the forum updated on interview questions.
Thanks!

I had my interview on 14/01/2013.... haven't heard from UMD till now..

Anybody else facing a similar situation?

Can anybody tell me the approximate 'non-tuition' expenses one would incur at Maryland annually? I'd really appreciate to hear from a current student.

The website quotes this amount as ~20k, but I feel it is way way above than what people actually end up spending.
@sandipanurag Yeah...still waiting. I guess we have to wait until the decision date(15 February )
@mbadiwe @sandipanurag When did you guys submit your application ?
I submitted my application on Jan 7 (keeping the 15 Jan deadline in mind), and I had my interview today.

I was told that the admission decision would come in by mid/end March.

submitted for round 2 deadline and notification should be out on or before feb 15

I applied in R2....I had my interview on 14/01/2013. Awaiting results....

did any one hear about round 2 results ?