Uk MBA or UK MSC(specialized courses)

Hi , I am a software professional from india. i am looking for an admission in your college in fall season. But after seeing your site i have some doubts. pls help me out: 1: i have got a 14 months exp in an MNC as s/w professional ti…

Hi ,

I am a software professional from india.
i am looking for an admission in your college in fall season.
But after seeing your site i have some doubts.
pls help me out:
1: i have got a 14 months exp in an MNC as s/w professional till date.
MY graduation(engeneering) percentage was also 78%.
i have got a score of 680. AWA-5

Also My toefl score is 263
My writing score is 5 in Toefl.

I am in a big dilemma.....

i am sure that u guys willbe able to help me out--

i am very mush intrested in pusuing my higher studies form UK, as it has 1 yr MBA course---

I have done a bit of research on the B-Schools in Uk,,

i want to pursue my studies from the Top B Schools in Uk like....

Lanchaster,
Manchaster,
Warwick,
Durham,
Cass,
Bath etc,,,

But after going thru the sites og these univ, these univ req min 3 yrs of exp, but by he time i will end up ie in aug 2006 i will have 2+ yrs of exp, so should i give it a try in these univ.

Also pls give ur thought in the credability of the specalization courses (MSC) in Uk univ,,,,,,Do people get placed after getting thru these courses., as they don't req any Work ex.

Also Which is a better choice-

Doing MBA from a univ Like CARDIFF who do not req any work ex OR doing a specilization courese from Top univ in Uk?????

Also i have come to know that their are lot many banks in Uk, so it's always advisable to go for finance as a course in MBA, so that u get easliy placed.

Any thought or comments are welcome----

thanks
Samarth

:whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :whatthat: :x :x :x :x :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

hi !!
u gotto be a bit more prepared mentally and emotionally to go to UK .. U might not get a job in the UK after ur program !!! reaserach well about the college and what they offer for placements. if u are not edgy abt work and are willing to come back to India and look then UK can be a good option

P.s. I did my undergard in the UK and even had a call from LSE

I think thsi is a big question, now in mind of everbody, i think guys in UK right now can help u out,
Acc to me, going to a good univ for MSC is a good option.

Dude...are u alright??! u`ve created 2 ids and are posting replies to your own posts!! i dont see the point really why u`d start a thread and post a reply to your own question...what`s with the attention grabbing eh? beware before BOTH of you get banned!:grab:
Hi ,

I am a software professional from india.
i am looking for an admission in your college in fall season.
But after seeing your site i have some doubts.
pls help me out:

Hey PG, when did you start a B-School??? Pagalguy Business School ... now that's a swell idea

rotfl

-S

Hi poornimaforisb,

thanks for the prompt reply,

My main aim is to get a decent enough job in UK, so that i can recover whatever i have spent,and then come back to india,

I have come to know that finance is a better option in Uk, as their are lot more banks in UK,pls guide me in this respect.

Also pls guide me which one is better"Doing MBA from a univ Like CARDIFF who do not req any work ex OR doing a specilization courese from Top univ in Uk?????"
and bytheway, how abt u,,why did u came back after ur undergrad.....and what are ur future plans....and why not LSe. for u?,,,it's a big name..

"

It's not always the name of the uni which will change everything !! i wanted something more challenging !!

Even I have received various offer letters for MSc in Adv. Computer Science.....I am doin BSc in Adv. I.T. from Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune.....and I have also got a campus placement too....My plan is ultimately to do MBA in I.T. now I am confused whether to go for MSc in Good univ. of UK or to go for job.
PGs plzzz help me....

Hi evrybody,

Its a very nice thread dedicated to MBA/MSc......I am totally confused between MSc in Adv. Comp. Science in some very good universities or going for a job in india and den goin for MSc afterwards.....

I have the offer letters for MSc in Adv. Comp. Science of :-

--> Manchester University
--> Kings College London
--> Edinburgh
--> Liverpool
--> University of Bath
-->Shieffeld University

and I have also got offer letters from two companies Zensar Technologies and Wipro

Now I am totally confused that wether I should go for MSc or Job....coz if I go for MSc den I havta get a job out there for some years so that I can complete my wrk ex and go for MBA as well n as m a fresher n pursuing BSc frm Bharati Vidyapeeth University......so m a bit scared abt wether I wud get job out der or nt.....

Guyz plz plz plz help me....wat shud I do actually ?????

hi...
i want to knw if one will do MBA from abroad like UK...and come back to INDIA....then will he be eligible for government jobs here in INDIA?? ...plz tell..

hi...
i want to knw if one will do MBA from abroad like UK...and come back to INDIA....then will he be eligible for government jobs here in INDIA?? ...plz tell..

no dude u wont b eligible for government jobs out here.....

hi everyone,

my profile is as follows:
1. 2.5 years of work exp in IT.
2. BE with 59.8%

I have scheduled my IELTS on 29th of may,2010.
and conditional offer letter from MiddleSex University and i have also applied other universities as well. could anyone help me out to decide what to do.
my queries are
1. how is middlesex university for MBA programme as it not listed in FT rankings.
2. is it worth to get into Middlesex or should i wait for one more year.