Uk business school (Cass, ICMA)

Hi guys. I am considering an MSc in investment management between ICMA center and Cass City university. does anyone has any information about this programs. 1) placement and careers 2) teaching 3) facilities 4) course, academics e…

Hi guys. I am considering an MSc in investment management between ICMA center and Cass City university. does anyone has any information about this programs.

1) placement and careers
2) teaching
3) facilities
4) course, academics

etc...Cass has a better ranking than the university of reading, but apparently that's for an MBA, which is not my case. ICMA looks amazing but I dont know about it reputation.

thanks a lot

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Cass has a very good rep for Management courses.. I am lil aware of the finance courses out there..

ICMA centre defi stands a very good rep for their ISIB, IM course.. its very tailor made and sought by the co's ... I have had 6 frnds who passed out from reading ICMA.. and all of them managed to get a job within 3 months.. 5 of them got into FO and 1 in BO kinda job.. but that was 2 yrs ago...

Not really sure about the current mkt situation.. I heard its pretty bad...

Even i hold an offer from reading ICMA for Msc ISIB & Invst Management and Exeter for Msc FAFM. Will update u if i have any news... !

Hope that helps!

Hey,

I'm facing a similar dilemma... ICMA (IM) or Exeter (FAFM)... i dont know what to do?? ICMA is near London and offers the IFID certifiate, that seems really attractive but Exter has 2 levels of CFA and a better ranking...

Confusion!!!

Hey,

Actually, i had a word with a few ppl in ldn.. among ICMA and exeter , icma is better known and popular.. So i would recommend ICMA anyday.. but i guess the other guys can help u much better..

What do u do?

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the reply... That did help.

Do you have any idea about which finance programmes in the UK are better than ICMA?

I guess Oxford,Cambridge, LSE, LBS, Imperial,Warwick they are considered to be tier 1

CASS,Reading ICMA - Tier 2

U can try out CASS as well.. but slightly over-priced .. atleast thats wat i feel.

Hi Guys,

Don't think anyone has replied to this forum for some time now.

Anyway, I had applied to the ICMA Center and have received an offer for both the MSc in Investment Management as well as MSc in ISIB course.

Just wanted to know if any of you did eventually join either of these courses, and how the experience has been so far?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I'm planning to shift courses next school year since my family is migrating. And bit difficult on what shcool to go to, ICMA or MSc in Investment Management. Any tips?