UCLA: Aspirants Fall 2011

Hi, I am a fall 2011 aspirant. I applied in R1 but have not heard anything after that. Has anyone recieved an interview call yet?

Hi,

I am a fall 2011 aspirant. I applied in R1 but have not heard anything after that. Has anyone recieved an interview call yet?

No replies??? am sure lots n lots of ppl would have applied at UCLA. Please let us know ur application status and experiences.

Surprised to see a near empty thread here ....

Had my R1 interview today with an Alum in Chennai.
He was extremely friendly and this was quite a relief.
Mostly the usual questions - Walk me through your resume, Why MBA now, Why UCLA, Hobbies, Work experience etc...One question on what was the biggest dissapoinment came in as a bouncer..

Had a chat on his expericnces at UCLA at the end and he was very happy explaining the opportunities present at Anderson...

Overall, it was good. May have missed a few points.
Lets see what happens.

Surprised to see a near empty thread here ....

Had my R1 interview today with an Alum in Chennai.
He was extremely friendly and this was quite a relief.
Mostly the usual questions - Walk me through your resume, Why MBA now, Why UCLA, Hobbies, Work experience etc...One question on what was the biggest dissapoinment came in as a bouncer..

Had a chat on his expericnces at UCLA at the end and he was very happy explaining the opportunities present at Anderson...

Overall, it was good. May have missed a few points.
Lets see what happens.

Could you please share your profile.

Anyone else who has got an interview invite for UCLA?

Hi ship123,
Thanks for sharing your interview experience.
I am thinking of applying to UCLA in round 2. Can u pls share ur profile.

Hi, Surprised to see just one thread on UCLA admission for 2011 (please let me know if I am missing other threads?!).
I am a re-applicant and have not received an interview call yet. Any idea if re-applicants get interview calls ?

Hi guys,
finally got an interview invite from UCLA. I will take the telephonic option, yet to schedule the date. Anyone else who has got an invite or has had the interview experience at UCLA?

HI SHip123,

Did you receive an email from them or did you have to check?

Cheers and ATB!

Hi guys,
finally got an interview invite from UCLA. I will take the telephonic option, yet to schedule the date. Anyone else who has got an invite or has had the interview experience at UCLA?

why are you taking the telephonic option??? idnt they give you an alum option. where are you located?? I mean the alum interviews are very friendly which has its advantages..

my profile -
Telecom software 4.5 years, gmat 760/4 . decent extra currics etc..

all the best for the interview.

HI,
Just one question, though in the website it is mentioned that UCLA does require TOEFL for indian students, i wanted to know is their any case in which they waive the toefl requirement.

thanks

why are you taking the telephonic option??? idnt they give you an alum option. where are you located?? I mean the alum interviews are very friendly which has its advantages..

my profile -
Telecom software 4.5 years, gmat 760/4 . decent extra currics etc..

all the best for the interview.

The only options are campus visit or telephonic interview. Since I am located in India so I chose the telephonic option.
HI SHip123,

Did you receive an email from them or did you have to check?

Cheers and ATB!

Got an e-mail.

Hi Ship123,
I am also a prospective applicant in Round 2. Can I ask what your profile is like?

Hi Ship123,
I am also a prospective applicant in Round 2. Can I ask what your profile is like?

Hi,

My profile:
GMAT: 710
Work Ex: 5 years in IT at the time of joining
Ex curr: decent
Community Work: good with leadership positions
Hi, Surprised to see just one thread on UCLA admission for 2011 (please let me know if I am missing other threads?!).
I am a re-applicant and have not received an interview call yet. Any idea if re-applicants get interview calls ?

Had my telephonic interview yesterday morning. Standard questions, nothing out of the norm. Awaiting results on 12 Jan '11.

i will be applying in R2.

Hi Guys, Count me in for Round 2. Profile - 750/5, 5 Years Exp, Good Extra Curr and Community Involvement. Undergraduate Acads Decent.

Hi frnds,
I am a R2 applicant. Submitted my app on Dec 28 and received an interview invite yesterday
I replied with my location preference for New Delhi but they say they haven't got any alum here so I would be having a telephonic interview now... not sure when.

How are things with everyone else- other R2 applicants? and any R1 admits? pls come out and share/help 😃