UCB Haas - 2009

Anybody applying to Haas for the 2009 intake.

Anybody applying to Haas for the 2009 intake.

Hey MbaAsspirant,
I'm applying to Haas too. Are you putting in for the 1st or 2nd round?

-SharanT

I'm applying in R1. Haas is number 1 on my list. I am looking at product management and strategy in high tech post mba. I also have Sloan, Tepper and Ross on my list. What about you?

Hey MbaAsspirant,
I'm applying to Haas too. Are you putting in for the 1st or 2nd round?

-SharanT

Hey,
I'm looking for a similar area of study too, but with an entrepreneurship focus.
My list has - Haas, Stanford, Tepper, Marshall, UCLA and McCombs.
How's the process going so far?

Actually entrepreneurship is what I intend to do in the long term. UCLA and Cornell are on my list for R2. Not applying to Stanford though.

Working on Ross and Haas apps at present. This process drains you out of energy. What about you?

Hey,
I'm looking for a similar area of study too, but with an entrepreneurship focus.
My list has - Haas, Stanford, Tepper, Marshall, UCLA and McCombs.
How's the process going so far?

Should be applying to Haas as well.

Why aren't there any applicant s at all? I am in for R1, But wonder how many folks make it to haas from India every year

I am in too guys .. and for sure a lot Indians must be apping to these schools ..
I have a pretty average profile .. in terms of GMAT score a 700.. and an IT workex of 6 years ..covering pretty much all the IT roles the tech side has to offer .. I am apping to Haas and Tepper .. unfortunately I started writing the essays abt a week back .. and with a very hectic schedule ..it seems a little tough to finish the apps till R1 .. let see how does it go .. how abt everybody else ? how is the apping going on?

Hi Guys.. Even I am interesed in Haas.. Started working with the essays.. Hope to complete it before the first deadline.. Its Nov 4th right? Does this mean I need to submit my TOEFL scores before that?

I have a gmat score of 720/ 3 yrs of work ex.. with avg academics and avg extra curr. Nice to know ppl applying along with me..

Do you guys know about Schols in Haas.. how easy is it to get one.. I checked their website.. but just wanted to know if you ppl know someone who got admit with some kind of aid.

Will start on Haas now. Targeting R1.

Profile:
WE: 6 years by 09 in IT. Largely in product startups and 1 year in Infosys.
GMAT: 710(49/38/5)
EA: presentable.
Education: B.E Comp. Sc 72% from a state govt. college.

Let's share information here...

ATB!

Whats up guys? Anyone submitted the app for R1?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Haas waive TOEFL for Indian engineers who studied in English medium?
2. What all material is to be sent by snail mail to them? I guess only the transcripts and everything else can be done online.

Cheers!

Whats up guys? Anyone submitted the app for R1?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Haas waive TOEFL for Indian engineers who studied in English medium?
2. What all material is to be sent by snail mail to them? I guess only the transcripts and everything else can be done online.

Cheers!

Haas requires TOEFL for indian candidates.. plz check the website

Hi,
Male/Indian/IT/740/48 months work ex currently/Sales and trading Domain.

Applying to Haas as well.(last one)
Other colleges Applied - Wharton, LBS, Tuck, Duke and Kellogg.

verbal_99 Says
Haas requires TOEFL for indian candidates.. plz check the website

I'm applying for R1.

Profile:

Gmat: 730 (v-42/q-47)

work - ex: 5 yrs - 2.5 as corporate attorney, 2 as analyst and now a contracts manager with a big IT hardware firm.

Acads: very very bad, but from nls.
Extra curricular: v good

Struggling to finish essays as work load is nasty. Looks like my grades may be an issue. Does anyone know haas calculates gpa?

PGs,

I was not aware that Haas requires physical copies. I was targeting the R1 deadlines, and I have a couple of questions:

1. If I can show that I couriered it on Nov 3, will it be considered part of R1 ?
2. What is meant by the "Original Degree Certificate in sealed envelope" ? As per my knowledge, all we get are transcripts, not degree copies. Does this have to be sent as well ?

Please advise

Regards

RSB

rsb1982 - was in same boat as you - Haas needs transcript (physical) mailed by the univ directly to them in sealed envelopes. Need not reach them before deadline. Can mail in till "reasonable time" (as mentioned on their admissions chat)
Haas requires TOEFL for indian grads - to be taken on or before nov 4th - i took mine yesterday

Applying to Haas in R1 -

Background - 4 yrs/700/BITS undergrad

Extra currics - very good

career progress - product consultant at top communications software provider for 20 months.. later joined startup in retail as business analyst .. moved to account manager and then tp enterprise sales manager...

Good luck to all other applicants !

Thanks. I also read on their instructions page that they need an "official" degree certificate ?! I have never come across such a requirement. Any idea of what it entails ? Will an attested copy of the degree be sufficient ?

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to go for R2. Haas is too good a school to miss due to shoddy application.

rsb1982 - was in same boat as you - Haas needs transcript (physical) mailed by the univ directly to them in sealed envelopes. Need not reach them before deadline. Can mail in till "reasonable time" (as mentioned on their admissions chat)
Haas requires TOEFL for indian grads - to be taken on or before nov 4th - i took mine yesterday

Applying to Haas in R1 -

Background - 4 yrs/700/BITS undergrad

Extra currics - very good

career progress - product consultant at top communications software provider for 20 months.. later joined startup in retail as business analyst .. moved to account manager and then tp enterprise sales manager...

Good luck to all other applicants !
Thanks. I also read on their instructions page that they need an "official" degree certificate ?! I have never come across such a requirement. Any idea of what it entails ? Will an attested copy of the degree be sufficient ?

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to go for R2. Haas is too good a school to miss due to shoddy application.

I dropped out of R1 for the same reasons too:

1. Haven't taken TOEFL. Was hoping they would let me submit the app in R1 and I would send TOEFL in a few days after taking it. Request rejected. :|

2. Degree certificate thing: Never heard of it. How people are tackling it? Just transcripts?

ATB to people applying in R1! For me its R2 for Haas. Hope the odds are not abysmal as compared to R1....