UC Irvine 2011 Fall

Hey puys, Looking forward to get in touch with all the merage applicants. I just submitted my application. Waiting for the reply!!! Regards, Kalyan

Hey puys,

Looking forward to get in touch with all the merage applicants. I just submitted my application.

Waiting for the reply!!!

Regards,
Kalyan

Hey good to see a UCI thread. I am a reapplicant. Send my docs for R1. What are your thoughts on UCI?

Hey,

Nice to see you my friend. Well, I talked to one of the second year Indian student there. She seems very excited about the program and suggested me to apply for round1. I think it being a part of larger Univ of California system attracts me. Obviously the valley plays an important role as well.

What are your thoughts??

Regards,
Kalyan

I'll be applying shortly.
Could someone please tell me what is the relevance of R1 when UCI claims to have a rolling admissions system?

Cheers!
CE

I'll be applying shortly.
Could someone please tell me what is the relevance of R1 when UCI claims to have a rolling admissions system?

Cheers!
CE

Well, deadlines are for the admissions committee!! :D
They would choose whom to interview and whom to not by keeping in mind day they submitted. In my case, since i applied for round-1, i would be eligible for an interview in december, when christine visits India. Thats my take.

Regards,
kalyan

Haha...Even I think that the deadlines are mere indicators. But rollings admissions make it even more important to get your app in early. Hope you do that soon CheckEETS.

@kalyan - Same here. Even i have heard good things about the program. But I am not in touch with any current student. Can you share some details what she said? You know abt job opportunities, overall coll atmosphere, student life etc...

FBI statistics released in May 2010 show that the City of Irvine continues to have the lowest per capita Violent Crime rate in the nation for cities with over 100,000 residents. This 2009 crime data marks the sixth consecutive year that Irvine has achieved the lowest per capita Part 1 Violent Crime rate distinction. Additionally, the data identifies that Irvine also had the lowest per capita overall Part 1 Crime rate in the nation. With a six percent decrease in overall Part 1 Crime, 2009 marks the lowest per capita Part 1 Crime rate in the Citys history. Irvine officials say the city's continuing safety record comes down to building ties with the community, from crafting patrol beats that give officers a deep knowledge of Irvine's various villages and retail centers, to keeping an eye on local students in danger of falling into gang life.

mole mapping

Yes, low crime rate has been ONE of the USPs of UCI through the years.
But what has been bugging me about the university is its location. While the OC is a very active place, buzzing with startups and companies, California is notorious for its huuge cost of living.
Coupling this with a substantial course fee, I am seeing that even with a 20-25% scholarship, MBA costs are coming to about 35-40 Lakh INR.
This, I feel, is a tad steep for a tier 2 school like UCI, when there are other options out there.
But I love almost everything about this school, from the location to the pedagogy to the faculty to the peer groups to even the website! I really really want to apply here.

Can someone vouch for the cost part / correct me if I have gone wrong somewhere?
Also throw me a bone here and there about my conphoosons?:cheers:

Cheers!
CE

How did you arrive at the 40 lakhs figure? Share some details. 900$ per month is the living cost from what I have heard. Or am i I assuming too less?

I would say go ahead and apply. Worst case scenario is that you lose 150$. But better to have an admit than none at all. Finances, whether to go/ not can be decided later can be decided on scholarships. Also the job scenario is better on west coast than the east from what I have heard.

Yes, low crime rate has been ONE of the USPs of UCI through the years.
But what has been bugging me about the university is its location. While the OC is a very active place, buzzing with startups and companies, California is notorious for its huuge cost of living.
Coupling this with a substantial course fee, I am seeing that even with a 20-25% scholarship, MBA costs are coming to about 35-40 Lakh INR.
This, I feel, is a tad steep for a tier 2 school like UCI, when there are other options out there.
But I love almost everything about this school, from the location to the pedagogy to the faculty to the peer groups to even the website! I really really want to apply here.

Can someone vouch for the cost part / correct me if I have gone wrong somewhere?
Also throw me a bone here and there about my conphoosons?:cheers:

Cheers!
CE

dude...can u just brief me on how u got to the figure of 40 lakhs...??? i mean what was ur break-up???

Hey,,
sry i almost missed your question. I have been in touch with a couple of students. One of them is Shruti Koneru. She is a current second year student. You can find her mail id in the official college page. regarding the program, she seems quite happy with the professors and the help they offer towards employment offers. College life is fun and the club activites make upto 50% of your time. I heard the on campus accomodation is quite costly ~900 $ but our desi's usually rent a condo and make it upto 500 $. Hope I answered your question.

Still no invite from the college. The wait is agonizing my friends!!!!

Hi.. May I know the GMAT scores of ppl on this thread plz... Just want to weigh my chance out there..

Thanks

Hey Guys just received a face-face interview call in Mumbai on 29th Nov. Who all are coming? Will give us a chance to catch up too..

Hi Guys,

I have been offered an interview in Delhi on 27th. Anyone attending the same?

Regards,
Saurabh

Hi Guys,

I have been offered an interview in Delhi on 27th. Anyone attending the same?

Regards,
Saurabh

Hey ppl,

Me too got an Interview invite on December 6th. Looks like Chennai got the last preference as per the timelines...:cheers:

Works out well for me, as I could take your feedback about the interview.

Stay in touch guys...who knows we all might end up in the OC.

Regards,
Kalyan
Hi.. May I know the GMAT scores of ppl on this thread plz... Just want to weigh my chance out there..

Thanks

Hey vasudhavij,
I scored 710 on the GMAT. Took in August this year. How was yours? And what about others out here?

Anyone else appearing for the interview on 27th in Delhi?

Is there any dress code for the interview?As in is a suit a must? Will formals do?

I believe that formals will do..but if u can carry a suit with you it looks more professional...

Anybody from pune got an invite for interview on 29 Nov?