UBS Ludhiana

Hi I am Vijay student Of this newly found extension centre of UBS chandigarh.There are 60 seats in this institute . We are the first batch of this institute.People can ask me question in this thread

Hi I am Vijay student Of this newly found extension centre of UBS chandigarh.There are 60 seats in this institute . We are the first batch of this institute.People can ask me question in this thread

A Concise Information about this institute. This institute is extension of University Business School ,Punjab University Chandigarh .The Institute is Opened at Punjab University regional Center Ludhiana.

Thanks a TON for this Info dude

Can you please let us Ludhiana guys more details on this effort from UBS?

Where is the campus located? PAU? How many seats this year? How to apply?

Same eligibility criteria? Are they relaxing it in the early years?

What all courses offered? Any internet link to this new extension?

Thanks a TON for this Info dude

Can you please let us Ludhiana guys more details on this effort from UBS?

Where is the campus located? PAU? How many seats this year? How to apply?

Same eligibility criteria? Are they relaxing it in the early years?

What all courses offered? Any internet link to this new extension?

Well first of all it is located adjoining to Panjab university Extension library ,fountain chock . Civil lines.The number of seats are around 60.Admission obviously through CAT .Admission form up till now is not out. I think you have to wait for 1.5 month.UBS Chandigarh form is already out.eligibility criterion is any grad with min 50% in grad.And they are not going to relax this condition:(.The campus is nearby PAU.The campus is going to be WI-FI within 1 month.The MBA(general) is offered in this campus.They want to expand it ,but it will take some time.Admission process same as UBS Chandigarh. The fees are 1.5 lacs per annum as it is self financed program.We and main campus students will have same examination system.Right now we are treated as extension center of UBS.

One thing more you asked about internet link,Well uptill now its same as UBS Chandigarh i.e ubschandigarh.org .But we are going to make our own website.uptill now everything is coordinated by UBS Chandigarh.

Thanks Sir.

Regarding the relaxation part, I was referring to that has the relaxed selection criteria for the Ludhiana centre? I mean lesser than Chd. student CAT scores. Etc.

If you are in Ludhiana, can we meet up sometime? Please PM me your no. if possible. Thanks.

Thanks Sir.

Regarding the relaxation part, I was referring to that has the relaxed selection criteria for the Ludhiana centre? I mean lesser than Chd. student CAT scores. Etc.

If you are in Ludhiana, can we meet up sometime? Please PM me your no. if possible. Thanks.

Well if you were asking this criterion then only thing matters here is merit.This year around 77 percentile in CAT was cutoff.But this is definitely going to get increase,as admission forms will come in time unlike last year ,when the forms came ,the admission process of all B-schools was over.So number of application were quite less.But take it granted it will go up as its general MBA seat,even this year some of my class mates have left their MBA-(HR) seats from main campus.One has left MBA(IB) seat from FORE.BUT still i feel it will be comparatively easier to get seat here than UBS Chandigarh. How easier ,its difficult to predict.

I hope the industry rates it on par with the Chandigarh UBS.
That means better jobs. And better salaries.

I think it will take a couple of years to get industry recognized...but if UBS chandigarh patronize it properly...it has a long way to go 😃

I hope the industry rates it on par with the Chandigarh UBS.
That means better jobs. And better salaries.

Well first of all i will not create any unrealistic hype about it.Yes its the baby institute, and yes it will have inherent problem for a newly opened institute. I want to make one thing clear VICE-CHANCELLOR and syndicate of Panjab University considers it as an extension center of UBS.So we are going to carry brand name UBS.AS per my knowledge ,although no final decision has yet taken place ours placement will be coordinated through UBS Chandigarh.Then any institute if it is part of PUNJAB UNIVERSITY is going to be recognized and respected at least in north INDIA .If we are treated as part of UBS we will get the same respect .BUT everything will be known when we the first and bench-mark batch get our placement.Only thing i can say that this institute is decent option.Recognition by industries is coming slowly and steadily. UBS Chandigarh Alumni are regularly visiting our campus

one correction UBS Chandigarh form are not out up till now .This year combine application Form for UBS Chandigarh and Ludhiana will come out.How much time will be taken for coming out of application form is not clear
uptill now.One reason ,although i am not absolutely sure is controversy due to NRI category seats.

Yes Dear. You are correct. Forms arent out yet.
Thanks for the heads up on the combined form thingie.
And what was the cutoff for the Ludhiana centre last time?

for general category seat it was 82 ,for others it was lower.kindly pay attention there will be no NRI category seat this year,university has already notified this thing.

UBS Combined form is out
1) Sale of UBS form at SBI Counter PU- 15 oct to 16 nov
2)sale by post - 15 oct io 31 oct
3) Last date of submission of Form -16 nov
Cost of form RS 1000
Advertisement in today's Tribune

Thanks mate.

frms r available only in pu sbi opr all or sbi branches

You can download form and send it with draft. One funny thing in form though, they are asking "Attach photocopy of admit card and score card". Where do we get cat 2007 score card even before CAT!?

Cool_vijay Says

thanx vijay fo rthis awesome information yaar
ur information has curtail my doubts abt this new campus in ludhiana.
just tell me more few things yaar . wat abt the enviormental over . since i m living in ludhiana so i knw ki ludhiana dnt have so much professionalism bcoz ludhiana is industry hub . so tell me ki hws the envio in ur college ??
i hope u understand my question

I M Chandan Preet Me Too Studing Here In Ubs Ludhiana
U Really Asked A Very Good Question Mohit
Environment Is Made By D Students Only And We R Very Serious Abt This
We Have A Small Group Of 60 People
And All D People R Totally Professional