UBS Chandigarh 2011-2013 Admission Queries

Hi Puys, Notification for admission at University Business Chandigarh (UBS), Chandigarh is out. :: The form for applying to UBS can be downloaded from the UBS website Official website of University Business School, Panjab University, Chandiga…

Hi Puys,
Notification for admission at University Business Chandigarh (UBS), Chandigarh is out.
The form for applying to UBS can be downloaded from the UBS website Official website of University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh India.

Meanwhile, Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at UBS Chandigarh. Also, Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have regarding UBS Chandigarh.

Nitin Sharma
MBA Gen
2010-12

can you plz tell us wat was the cut off last year

vaib.18sharma Says

Well last year the cut off for getting a GD PI call in general category was 93 😁
vaib.18sharma Says

hello puys,
as said by nitin, it was arnd 93. To be precise it was 92.4 i guess

LINK FOR SPREADSHEET

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0At_zea_yDN79dERXRmFXQ2tWdHBVM3ZQeGoxNFNfYmc&hl;=en&authkey;=CNvTnp8M#gid=0
hello puys,
as said by nitin, it was arnd 93. To be precise it was 92.4 i guess

could u plz tell me d last date of online submission for ubs chandi
agarwal anuj Says
could u plz tell me d last date of online submission for ubs chandi

You cannot submit the form online. You need to download it attach a draft of Rs 2000/- (in favour of Registrar, Panjab University) and it should reach the UBS office by October 26, 4 p.m.

what is the fees?

hi ...... i am in a dilemma whether to fill UBS form or not. Senior plz. help me make up my mind by answering these questions:

- What is the expected cut-off ?
- I am interested in MBA Finance, could you please tell me what all companies come for Finance profiles ?
- What is the fee for 2 years ?
- What was the placement like last year ?

Thanks in Advance

Hey Nitin or to other seniors.... Can you please throw some light on placements for this year.... For mba general , ib & hr

thanks
rahul

placements usually start when 4th sem start...this yr(i.e, the placemnts for the batch 2008-10) they started on 3rd dec..
avg package offered was arnd 6.5, with highest of arnd 11.5 by pfc ....
majority of banks visit ubs for placements...
abhadani Says
what is the fees?

total arnd 50-60 k for 2 yrs..roi is very good in ubs
arnd 10000 pa are charges for hostel...
hi ...... i am in a dilemma whether to fill UBS form or not. Senior plz. help me make up my mind by answering these questions:

- What is the expected cut-off ?
- I am interested in MBA Finance, could you please tell me what all companies come for Finance profiles ?
- What is the fee for 2 years ?
- What was the placement like last year ?

Thanks in Advance

yes u are rite.. cut off was arnd 93
regd fee and placemnts go through prev posts

in any case u shud fill the form if u are serious abt mba..
taking admission here or not can be decided later on when u convert ur call..no harm in keeping good options in hand.
hope this helps
yes u are rite.. cut off was arnd 93
regd fee and placemnts go through prev posts

in any case u shud fill the form if u are serious abt mba..
taking admission here or not can be decided later on when u convert ur call..no harm in keeping good options in hand.
hope this helps

Thanks Anshul. I got all the answers. Will be filing the form for sure.

Seniors can you plz. tell if there is a sectional cut-off for selection in UBS ?Also, how does the allotment in different mba programs is done ?

P.S.: Generally i prefer going through the institute's website to get the info but strangely enough UBS's site doesn't give any figures about last years placements or Course Fees.
Thanks Anshul. I got all the answers. Will be filing the form for sure.

Seniors can you plz. tell if there is a sectional cut-off for selection in UBS ?Also, how does the allotment in different mba programs is done ?

P.S.: Generally i prefer going through the institute's website to get the info but strangely enough UBS's site doesn't give any figures about last years placements or Course Fees.

no sectional cut offs. but u have 2 secure min. 10 percent(not percentile) in each cat section. allotment is accordind to ranks. a rank list is prepared after gdpi. then counselling is held. sameway as in engineering.

ubs website takes lot of time for being upgraded abt any info or notification
atb

i have heard tht tht placement at UBS is not 100% and less than tht?
is it true...wat are the actual placement statistics?
why dont the college put up these statistics on the college website?

here is my profile
10th- 67.2
12th-65.2
Graduation- BBA(General)- 56.8% till now(was working part time to support myself financially as i did not have any potential financial backup so couldnt attend college much and suffered a huge loss in graduation score. Though my percentage in external examination of BBA is above 75.

CAT 09-89.34%ile(was a disaster)
MOCK Story- i have been hovering around 95-99.5 %ile in all the AIMCATs with no exceptions.

Extra Curricular- Represented my school in National Badminton Championship
- Was placed third in District Level Triathlon Championship organized by State Govt.
-Represented Orissa in Open National Snooker Championships held in Mumbai.
-Represented my school in Science Exhibition organized by Intel.
-Associated with an NGO called ASMITA. ASMITA basically works in the field of educating mentally challenged children. (By associated i mean i have been volunteering).

-I am a little concerned about my academic record. I don't knw how much my extracurricular activites will help me with that academic record.

-Secondly i have heard that UBS CHD gives huge importance to CAT Score (Maybe around 80 i think). Correct me if i am wrong.

-I am very much interested in joining UBS CHD coz it has got an excellent repo and ROI is awesome. I am sure as its under panjab university infra wont be a problem.

-I am quite certain that i will be able to get atleast 95+. Last years cat was a disaster wit system getting rebooted again and again. If everything goes smooth this time i am quite confident(but not over confident) that i will be able to get past tht 95 mark atleast. I need honest suggestions as i am low on money and my application optioins are limited coz of that. Whether this profile can get me a decent shot at UBS CHD?

- I knw i shouldnt be worried about getting selected as of now and should only concentrate on CAT. But as i told you i don't have any potential financial backup nd i am literally on my own. so i am just trying not to waste my limited resources on impossible choices. Do help me out, it would mean alot to me.

P.S. Sorry for such a mammoth post

thank you for providing the valuable info n highlighting the plus points of the college..

can seniors pls please mention the negative aspects or glitches of the college too,if any.
ur contribution to our decision wud be of grt help!
thank you.

just wanna know somethings that is confusing while filling form
1. i have 2 categories ph and freedom fighter...... so while allotting seat will my category that increases my chances will be considered or is there some other formulation..?
2. is it actually required to write everywhere which is not applicable NA ALL THE TIME..?
3. if someone can mention cut-off for ph category and freedom fighter category...?

can I apply online?

where do i find the list of enclosures that i have to submit with the form+ what was the cut off for UBS last yr??