UBS Chandigarh 2010-2012 Admssion Queries

Hi Puys, Notification for admission at University Business Chandigarh (UBS), Chandigarh is out. :: The website of UBS www.ubs.puchd.ac.in will be updated as soon as possible. We will put all the complete details regarding the admission proc…

Hi Puys,
Notification for admission at University Business Chandigarh (UBS), Chandigarh is out.
The website of UBS www.ubs.puchd.ac.in will be updated as soon as possible.
We will put all the complete details regarding the admission process as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at UBS Chandigarh. Also, Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have regarding UBS Chandigarh.

Hi Puys,
Notification for admission at University Business Chandigarh (UBS), Chandigarh is out.
The website of UBS www.ubs.puchd.ac.in will be updated as soon as possible.
We will put all the complete details regarding the admission process as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Pls shoot your queries about the admission process at UBS Chandigarh. Also, Pls feel free to ask any other doubts that you might have regarding UBS Chandigarh.

Hey Jaydi,

This is a little off-topic, but I see you had a great CAT percentile and jmet rank. Did you have the chance to apply to other colleges according to your score..?

Yes, i applied to other colleges, and i also converted some of the 'better' colleges,according to pagalguy rankings..But i decided to go in for UBS due to many advantages that UBS offers over others..
Lets have these personal discussions using PM and leave this thread for UBS related discussions.. cheers

Thank You Jaideep for starting this thread. Together, we can help many Puys in getting their queries resolved regarding UBS Chandigarh.

And regarding cena_chain's post, the average percentile for General category in General MBA is 97+ and the overall percentile for all streams for General Category is 95+.

hi sir. i have heard that cat score plays a great role in ubs admissions. if one gets 99+ percentile in cat, he is through for general mba program .is it so. i mean his chances are pretty high

Yes, UBS chandigarh gives 85% weightage to CAT scores(not percentiles),so anyone with 99+percentile is more or less in...

hats off to seniors...u guys r doing great work...
Anyways I attempted CAT 08 n got 82 percentile but i didnt applied to UBS:banghead: coz of some misunderstanding regarding last date of filling of the form...I am from SC category n giving CAT 09...So i just want to know that what is cut-off for SC category students in UBS...? N can u guys give us an idea about d respective weightage to other parameters like work ex, acads, GD, PI, CAT score...?

regards
Rahul

hello
I don,t see any link for applying online to UBS.. :lookround:.. plz let us know how can we apply ..

sir approx how much cat score is needed for ubs and what is its fee structure??

Thanks seniors for opening this thread

Please give us some details about the placements at UBS.
Average CTC , companies visiting campus for this years placements ?

I am interested in MBA Finance.. So some info about BFSI and banks which recruit from campus would be a great help

Thanks

Hi All,

Some inputs about UBS>>>

1. Majority of weight-age is given to CAT percentile. So people with higher %tile have better chance. But that doesn't mean that others can't make it. Surely others with good performance in the GD PI can easily get through.

2. The cut-offs vary a lot for each branch because of the Quota seats for all the branches.

3. Regarding the placement of 2007-09 batch, it was approximately 80-85 % with highest being around 13 LPA and average of nearly 5.5-6 LPA.

4. UBS's students use hostel accommodation provided to all Panjab University students and hence share it with students from other departments. Hence it helps a lot both by adding to your knowledge by interacting with students from other background and also from networking point of view.

5. Another advantage UBS offers is for students who want to practically test their managerial skills. A lot is offered to the students to themselves takes initiative and drive the events with the support from the faculty.

6. The UBS's stronghold is its history of 41 years and the new batch coming in would be 42nd batch and industry also very well acknowledges this fact of UBS being an institute with a very sound historical background.

7. UBS's alumni are placed at various top level designations across all industries and their regular inputs helps a lot to the students.

These are some of the points to know about UBS. As and when there are more queries, we the students of UBS will be more than happy to help you.

@ jaydi
not finding the notification where it is?
can u tell fees details for the mba program
when the forms will come
what is the likely date of examination????????

@above the exam is CAT dude
and i just saw online forms are out .. yipeeeeeeeee start applying 😁

oops the link said it will start shortly :banghead:.. but atleast the link is up

Hi All,

Please refer to http://pagalguy.s3.amazonaws.com/for..._Noti_2009.pdf link for queries related with availability of forms.

The forms will be out only from tomorrow, so be have patience.

Also there was a query about the date of examination, UBS only considers CAT scores and there is no separate examination conducted by UBS for the admissions. CAT %tile is considered and then candidates are shortlisted for GD PI.

Forms and information will be available soon.??

Can make draft from Pvt bank?

hi can someone tell what is the percentile required by a freedom fighter student to get a call.

Any bank's draft will do but it should be payable at Chandigarh.

Forms will be available from tomorrow.

Hi seniors

Nice initiative :)

can i know about the sectional cutoff?? i heard it is 10 percent.. is that true??