UBS 2009-2011 Admission Queries

HI all i am from MBA IB (2008-10 batch) in UBS will try to answer all the queries to the best of my knowledge so new comrs cm on and post ur whole relvnt or irrelvnt stuff:laugh: we at UBS will provide you help in everything ::

HI all
i am from MBA IB (2008-10 batch) in UBS
will try to answer all the queries to the best of my knowledge
so new comrs cm on and post ur whole relvnt or irrelvnt stuff:laugh:
we at UBS will provide you help in everything

at which time of the year , does the forms of the UBS are out?
What percentile range is required to get a call?

ubs forms will be out approximately one month before the date of the cat exam and the last date to submit its form will be one or two days before cat exam
percentile range of our whole batch is above and around 93
i myself has got IB in UBS even at 96 percentile
so u can judge by yourself the percentile required next year when the admissions are going to be on right time
for this year approx cut off are
UBS general (finance & marketing ) 96
UBS IB 94.5
UBS HR 93
all these cut offs are for maximum chance of conversion not for call
this year calls were given to guys above 90 but now it will definately be more than that as admissions will be on time

thanx a ton...
all queries solved:D
thanx again,
gajendra

ubs forms will be out approximately one month before the date of the cat exam and the last date to submit its form will be one or two days before cat exam
percentile range of our whole batch is above and around 93
i myself has got IB in UBS even at 96 percentile
so u can judge by yourself the percentile required next year when the admissions are going to be on right time
for this year approx cut off are
UBS general (finance & marketing ) 96
UBS IB 94.5
UBS HR 93
all these cut offs are for maximum chance of conversion not for call
this year calls were given to guys above 90 but now it will definately be more than that as admissions will be on time

Could you please give some information about UBS placements and Specializations.

see there are only 3 specializations in UBS
GEN (fin & mar) , IB & HR
we are made to study acc to our spclisatn from day one
there is nothing like common classes for first year
UBS means business from day one
infra is of govt standards
faculty is very experienced and all are Phd
classes are held from 8 am in the morning till 4.40 in the evening (except monday till 7.05)
and mind that from this year onwards UBS is very strict on attendance
no roll nos will be provided to the guys with attendance less than 75% watsoever be the reason
summer placements and final placements are up to standard
average package is way above 6 lac lot of companies will visit the campus after that it depends upon ur skills
there is no nri quota now so further increase in standard of student everybody is above 93 (majority is above 95)

there are 39 seats in general , 18 in IB and 18 in HR so total 75 seats in general category
fees strucrure is 8232 per semester + 10000 for unversity & placement fund + 7000 per year hostel charges so total around 60000 for two years
u can see the return on investment
there are 3 class tests , 1 mid sem test and 1 final test and atleast 2 assignments are to be submitted every saturday
we are just over with our ice breaking party and fresher party at a very beautiful place

Plz provide some more details regarding exactly which cos. visited campus and packages offered.

Thanks for the info.......... would like to visit the website and see the mandatory disclosures there......... please post the link, since I am unable to find one. Also please let me know the % of work-ex (> 2years) that r there in General MBA.

Hi..i have heard dat packages go as low as arnd 3.5...
is this true???

the link for UBS website is ubs.puchd.ac.in
and @pooja
i like to say that lowest package in imt g is 4 lacs
along with general students there are reserved category students
anyone who will not perform up to the mark , will lag behind the race and have to struggle in terms of package
it solely depends upon you
also i dont have the exact figures but will get the exact scenario in this year placements
what i heard from my seniors is that everybody will get a job above 6 lac

and @pooja
anyone who will not perform up to the mark , will lag behind the race and have to struggle in terms of package
also i dont have the exact figures but will get the exact scenario in this year placements

Thnx for the info..i didn't mean to offend..
I was jst clearing my doubts bcoz UBS is one place where i wud really like to be..

Could you please provide information that whether UBS consider the sectional cut-off or overall performance in CAT?

For me UBS is the best MBA college in India. Reasons are many..
1 - Provide Non-residential education.
2 - Low fees and decent placement. High ROI.
3 - Location - Chandigarh the City Beautiful.
4 - And lots more..

Thanks..

and @pooja

What kind of a website is this?
This dosnt contains any information...
What kind of a website is this?
This dosnt contains any information...

Google baba gave me this link for UBS chandigarh: UBS - The Best Business Management (MBA) University Department of India

Is the fee structure different for the non punjab university students.?

jain.er Says
Is the fee structure different for the non punjab university students.?

...and why should it be different for Indians living in different parts of the country??

...Unless you're a SC/ST/OBC pampered by B.R Ambedkar
...and why should it be different for Indians living in different parts of the country??

...Unless you're a SC/ST/OBC pampered by B.R Ambedkar

Are u answering my ques or saying a bitter truth.....
BTW I read somewhere on the UBS site that fees are different
Can someone confirm?
Are u answering my ques or saying a bitter truth.....
BTW I read somewhere on the UBS site that fees are different
Can someone confirm?

Well, someone from the reserved category, current UBS batch may trundle along and reply, anyway, it's not a good idea to debate on reservation policy on this thread, as it's not relevant here. All the best for CAT.