UBS 2008-2010 Admission Queries

Hi All, The admission forms for UBS are out and is notified in all major dailies in the country. Please check them out for details. UBS, Chandigarh is one of India’s top B-Schools which has been consistently ranked A+ school by most of the mag…

Hi All,
The admission forms for UBS are out and is notified in all major dailies in the country. Please check them out for details.
UBS, Chandigarh is one of India's top B-Schools which has been consistently ranked A+ school by most of the magazines and have a five star rating by NAAC
We students at UBS will be guiding you for any MBA/CAT/UBS related queries. Please feel to shoot any queries regarding UBS
Regards
Gaurav

Hi All,
The admission forms for UBS are out and is notified in all major dailies in the country. Please check them out for details.
UBS, Chandigarh is one of India's top B-Schools which has been consistently ranked A+ school by most of the magazines and have a five star rating by NAAC
We students at UBS will be guiding you for any MBA/CAT/UBS related queries. Please feel to shoot any queries regarding UBS
Regards
Gaurav

Hi there
Could you please let me know from where can i collect the form. I couldn't find the information in the news papers i checked. Thanks in advance!

May I know , what is the average salery for Laterals after passing out from UBS.

What is the cutoff percentile to get a call from UBS.

kindly inform from where d forms r available... as per ubs website i m not able to locate d form to download . kindly let us know the link for it.....

iamdbest Says
kindly inform from where d forms r available... as per ubs website i m not able to locate d form to download . kindly let us know the link for it.....

http://www.ubschandigarh.org/pages/form1.pdf
download form from aboved link

thanks for the above link mate ...

wanted to confirm this that in the form they are asking for the CAT scorecard ...
obviously we dont have the scorecard now ... so i suppose we have to only send the photo copy of the admit card ... right !! ... please confirm this ... ASAP ... please ... as the last date or form submission is nearing !!

and also yaar ... please please please .... throw some light on the placement scene ...

coz i have read at some places (even on PG itself) ... that the details that UBS gives in ... for ranking purposes ... are not entirely TRUE !! with regards to infrastructure ... and other stuff ... for example ... with regards to faculty etc !! and the details about the placement are also not encouraging ... !! " i have heard that recruiters show CTC very high ... but the in hand salaries are very very less ... " !!

*** even on the website of UBS ... it says ... highest domestic salary ... 7.xx lacs and just below that it agains says ... highest domestic salary ... 5.xx lacs ... i am sure it is printing error ... but mate ... a printing error in these sort of facts ... for a B-SCHOOL ... !! and that too reputedly one of the best in the country ... I AM IN A DILEMMA mate, seriously !! ***

now i am not sure of all this ... and to be honest i dont want to believe all this ... i am really looking forward to joining UBS ... but mate ... since you are a senior ... you are the best person to reply mate ... please throw some light on this ... !!

and lastly i would also like to know about the fee structure please ... coz the website doesnt provide all details yaar ... both for NRI and NORMAL ... i have heard it is very less ... but please ... u give the answers mate ... it will be highly ... HIGHLY ... beneficial indeed ... !

thanking you in anticipation mate ... please try to reply ASAP ... thanks !

i havn't received my admit card yet.....n jst in case i dnt receive it dan how will i snd d photocopy of d admit card as required...............

I am glad that you asked these questions i will take each of your questions one by one
1)About infrastructure
UBS is a MBA department of PU so we have share resources & infrastructure with PU and even if you talk about our own infrastructure resources we have wifi campus & wifi hostel
2)About faculty
all the faculty @UBS are phds in there respective field which makes ubs one of the best mba school not only profs but all the lreaders and lecturersalso are holding a phd degree in there respective field and also have great experience to back them up
3)About Website
Well the website is not handled properly after all its a govt organization so u will always see some lags here n there but we students are coming up with a new website pretty soon
4)About Placement
The higest salary last year was 13 lakhs and average was 6.5 lakhs and median was 6.2 lakhs
5)About the Fees
Fees for general category and reserved categories students is arnd 10k per year and for nri students its around 5.2 lakhs
6)Cutoff's
Last year the cutoff was 93.xx for general category and will surely rise this year

Ya you have to send a copy of your admit card and your have to do so before 16th november

ayushgupta11 Says
i havn't received my admit card yet.....n jst in case i dnt receive it dan how will i snd d photocopy of d admit card as required...............

Well there is still time left and you will recieve your admit card in due time but do cross check it will iims that your admit card has been dispatched or not

Hi !!!
Have Not Recieved Cat Admit Card Yet !!! :(
So Will D Internet Printout Work ???

It Has Already Been Dispatched By Iims !!!
Its Been Around 10 Days Dat All My Friends Have Got It . Lets Hope 4 D Best .. Anyways Thanx Alot !!

Hey Gaurav,
Thanks a lot mate for all the answers ... i will definitely be enjoying life and work in ubs by this time round next year ... FOR SURE !
Now only things which remains are to despatch form and give CAT the BEST SHOT I GOT !
Thanks again buddy ! Cheerio !
gaurav_kh1 Says
Well there is still time left and you will recieve your admit card in due time but do cross check it will iims that your admit card has been dispatched or not

it has been accepted...d site is showing my roll no. nd centre.....i m getting d form frm a nearby shop...so do i hav to snd d photocopy of admit card also along wth it???

Hey I have got some queries regarding the form filling thing.. Could anyone elaborate on all the details to be filled in the ACADEMIC RECORD?? Specifically subjects (its not feasible to write all the sub of Engg., 10th and 12th ), and also the total marks in graduation (mine is incomplete).
Please make it as soon as it can be.
Thanks so much!

Hi,
Can anyone please guide me about the seats break-up at UBS chandigarh.. I have heard that there are very less general seats as compared to NRI seats..

Thanks..

Hi,
Can anyone please guide me about the seats break-up at UBS chandigarh.. I have heard that there are very less general seats as compared to NRI seats..

Thanks..

There are 24 seats in MBA at UBS,15 each in MBA (IB) and MBA (HR) in general category.There are no NRI or sponsored seats at UBS,Chd from the next academic session as per university notification.

who should we send the form to?

i mean they have mentioned that the DD should be made in favour of the Registrar, Punjab University, but to what address should we mail the completed form along with the DD???

who should we send the form to?

i mean they have mentioned that the DD should be made in favour of the Registrar, Punjab University, but to what address should we mail the completed form along with the DD???

Address is :

Chairman,
University Business School,
Panjab University
Chandigarh

And the last date is 16th November, 2007 by 5.00 P.M.