Two months too late?!

Hi all, I have been browsing this site once in a while, but I’ve only recently created an account and this is my first post cum thread here. I understand it may not be a very good thing to start a thread straight away, considering moderators …

Hi all,

I have been browsing this site once in a while, but I've only recently created an account and this is my first post cum thread here. I understand it may not be a very good thing to start a thread straight away, considering moderators can close it anytime. However, I am in desperate need of personal guidance and I believe help will always be given here on PG! So moderators, please give me a day's or two's time and then you can close the thread with your authority.

I am a B.tech passout of 2011. For the past 3-4 months, I have been busy with family as we had to shift to our new home. Everything from construction to furnishing was being supervised by me as I did not want my parents to run here and there and my elder brother is working so he didn't have the time to cooperate too.

I have already been placed in a company but I am not willing to join it. I am from EC background and placement is in core IT. I know it's good to get a work-ex before Mba, but not necessary.

I have like a 1000 reasons to join Mba only next year. The primary reason being I want to settle soon and relieve my dad of financial duties towards me and my brother! I have booked the CAT date for 18th of Nov. I have approx 2 months time and I can easily give in 12 hrs or more prep time a day. Is it sufficient?

I understand mugging up course material is not the only thing required for a good prep. Reading, GK, Mocks, speed and precision also matter a lot. Also I know there are people who have made it to good institutes with a week's preparation or even a month's preparation and there are others who haven't made it even after an year's preparation; hence it primarily depends on one's calibre and intelligence.

Guide me all. Should I even consider preparing? It's not about giving it a try, it's a make or break thing. Please tell me the true hard facts. I will value your opinions. If it would help any of you, I have had good acads throughout. I currently have TIME material and Arun Sharma for LR/DI and Verbal/Vocab, while Quantum CAT by S K Verma for Quant.

Once again, Two months too late?!

I have approx 2 months time and I can easily give in 12 hrs or more prep time a day. Is it sufficient?

Yes it is sufficient buddy!! Need not worry, just start the preparation and focus on it rather than thinking what shall be the end result. Let the efforts pour in, results will follow. Remember , number of hours wont matter, efforts put will matter which dont depend on number of hours.

Also I know there are people who have made it to good institutes with a week's preparation or even a month's preparation and there are others who haven't made it even after an year's preparation; hence it primarily depends on one's calibre and intelligence.

Answer to your query lies in your post itself... if you realize the above statements which you mentioned, then if you are firmly determined to do well, then no one can stop you. Go ahead and give the best shot :thumbsup:

Guide me all. Should I even consider preparing?

Once again, Two months too late?!

Yes, you should definitely consider and start preparing from today.

All the best :thumbsup:

1. Believe in urself that u can do it in 2 months
2. Set realistic goals, i.e. the level of college u want to aim for
3. At this stage, the best helping tool is mock test.........appear for mocks and give a pure hearted analysis topic wise and strength wise
4. It is never about 12 hrs a day or anything........it is always about how honest u r with urself
5.ATB