Two Days Before Exam??Pls suggest

Hello I am preparing for GMAt for past 3 weeks and planning to give gmat on Monday. Most of you must be surprised to see only 3 weeks of preparation. The company i am working for is offering a new job on basis of gmat score and none of us…

Hello

I am preparing for GMAt for past 3 weeks and planning to give gmat on Monday.
Most of you must be surprised to see only 3 weeks of preparation.
The company i am working for is offering a new job on basis of gmat score and none of us got good time for preparation.
I have to go for gmat on monday as last date of application is on friday.

I have gone throught around 100 problems of Official guide( 100 each in PS,VERbal,DS,RC) and all questions of Kaplan.
I have taken two tests of princeton with score of around 600 .
Pls suggest what else I could do in next two days to push my GMAT score to 650 + as 650 is the cutoff set by my company

Please help !!!!!

Shilpi

Try one powerprep test....(when you registered for GMAT, you would have downloaded it)... It is close to actual test.

Secondly, face the fact that you CANNOT do anything great in next two days and rather you will hamper your whatever chance you have to score 650 by panicking.....so relax, unwind yourself...... this will help you to remain fresh on Monday .....

Best Luck

Ketan

Rx

1. Get a good nights sleep tonight and tomorrow

2. Leave topics which you find difficult to comprehend...instead go through the topics where you think you need a little bit of brushing up.

3. Panicking only makes the matter worse....relax and half the battle is won

4. Try getting as many questions correct for the first 20 questions of each section .......the idea is to devote more time per question and intell guesses at the end of each section to compensate for the time lost.

5. Manage time....it is the key to good score

6. Solve a couple of easy questions from each section on Monday morning just to get yourself warmed up and postive hormones rushing.

7. Rather than take anymore tests...try and and go back and analyse the tests that you have already given...you'll be surprised by the revelations.

8. .......and lastly take some chocolates with you..........it makes you feel good when you are down.

GMAT is not the end of the world..........it is a means to an end..............not the end itself...............so chillout.

All the best for Monday.

Adios!
-IceCube

Hi Shilpi,
Totally unrelated post. Which organization do you work for? It's perfectly ok if you don't want to discuss it.

Take care.

Thanks Icecube .....that helps ......just reviewing the basics from OGI and Kaplan ......

Trying to keep myself calm & Cool .....and leaving everything on fate...........
Hoping for best .......
In quant, only Permuation and combination is bothering me ...........any suggestions ?How do you get an answer by picking the answer in case of Permuation and Combination ?
Any suggestion?

Hi Shilpi,
Totally unrelated post. Which organization do you work for? It's perfectly ok if you don't want to discuss it.

Take care.

Hmm....me too pretty interested.....In case ya cant tell your orgn, then mebbe the reasons why it is asking for a gmat score.... All da best

Cheers
Hmm....me too pretty interested.....In case ya cant tell your orgn, then mebbe the reasons why it is asking for a gmat score.... All da best

Cheers

Yes rather interesting that an indian company is actually requesting its folks to write the GMAT. Shilpi if these guys need another resume let me know... haha..

Maybe its for a great foreign posting which comes along with a part time MBA course as a bonus? very likely... So best of luck...

About making sure 650+ i think spend a little more time on the first 10 questions than you are right now to get them right... if you are not already there...
Have u checked out cooldexter goodies in the GMAT forum, pretty nice!

K

Desiguru and urmad appreciate your Inquisitiveness......:)
Its very common in foreign companies and you are right i am ina foreign company and new job is for another position for which company normally goes to MBA schools .......
I am looking for some help in Permutaiton and combination questions ....how can i get to answer by workign backwards from different options........

Desiguru and urmad appreciate your Inquisitiveness......:)
Its very common in foreign companies and you are right i am ina foreign company and new job is for another position for which company normally goes to MBA schools .......
I am looking for some help in Permutaiton and combination questions ....how can i get to answer by workign backwards from different options........

Though i think its too late since u have the exam in 2 days. There will be probably only 2 questions on it. One might even be relatively easy. I have some word/pdf files specially on permutations and combination. I could mail it to you if you want, just put up an email address

thanks,
K