Tuck Coffee with Student Ambassador Event @ Mumbai

Hey Everyone, I am really interested in applying to TUCK, and I got this email asking me to attend a “Coffee with Student Ambassador” event in Mumbai. I was wondering how important such events are and is it worth it travelling all the wa…

Hey Everyone,

I am really interested in applying to TUCK, and I got this email asking me to attend a "Coffee with Student Ambassador" event in Mumbai.

I was wondering how important such events are and is it worth it travelling all the way there to attend such an event.

Please reply with your views
Hey Everyone,

I am really interested in applying to TUCK, and I got this email asking me to attend a "Coffee with Student Ambassador" event in Mumbai on the 31st of august. And i stay in bangalore! Flight charges are like 5k one way.

I was wondering how important such events are and is it worth it travelling all the way there to attend such an event.

Please reply with your views.

😞 why didnt any1 reply 😞 anyway its too late.. I didnt end up going :(

I'd love to get in touch with Tuck aspiratants... anyone around?

Talking of tuck aspirants......hello from one.....have u applied already or going to ??

Im going to! What about you. whats your profile like

check ur msgs...

Hey guys,

I got invited for the Tuck coffee chat too. Didnt get a chance to attend as im out of Mumbai right now.

From what i hear, it is good to attend these events as they give you a good insight and show the adcom that u are actually interested in Tuck. That being said, there are other ways to show your interest as well. But the events give you a good insight.

Im in for Early decision or may push to round 1. Whats ur profile like?

I have 2.5 years of consulting experience and my GMAT is 710 ( Q47,V42 AWA 6.0)

Hi ppl,
Count me in for tuck EAR as well. I was not able to attend the event in mumbai as well:-( .

For ppl who attended the session .. Did tuck adcom seem to be very particular about GMAT score ? I have a GMAT score of 690(AWA 4 ) - screwed on both fronts, so wanted to assess whether i am already on the backfoot.

Hey Alexandre,

If i was you, i would nt really imagine im on the backfoot and then try to work from there.

Adcom gets ~2500 applicants every year with a large range of GMAT scores. The problem for you and for me is that the INdian applicant pool is pretty competitive with GMAT scores above 700. The people in my firm who went to Tuck had 750+ so that made me feel even worse.

But if you read the admissions page you will see that Tuck is looking at 6 or 7 key factors for admission. As everyone says an 800 GMAt is no guarantee for admission and a 690 GMAT is no guarantee of being declined.

Focus on the other parts of your profile and show your genuine interest in Tuck through the essays. If they like what they see , you're in.

Thanks thestig for motivating us so :)

Also which points are you talking about?

Hey Alexandre,

But if you read the admissions page you will see that Tuck is looking at 6 or 7 key factors for admission. .
Tuck School of Business | Evaluation Criteria

These are the points im talking about. and they clearly quote---- "Each decision hinges on the interplay of six principal factors"

haha im actually reading it and checking if i have those qualitites or not 😛

Ok so about the essays, I find this one particularly weird. What can you write about in this one?
Tuck seeks candidates of various backgrounds who can bring new perspectives to our community. How will your unique personal history, values, and/or life experiences contribute to the culture at Tuck?