Transcripts info required

Hi i am a prospective mba student for the year 2007. I dont know from where should i get my transcripts. I have completed my BTech in 2004. The question is whether i should get my transcripts from the college from where i have graduated or from th…

Hi i am a prospective mba student for the year 2007. I dont know from where should i get my transcripts. I have completed my BTech in 2004. The question is whether i should get my transcripts from the college from where i have graduated or from the university. Please reply its urgent!!!

nitin_gmat Says
Hi i am a prospective mba student for the year 2007. I dont know from where should i get my transcripts. I have completed my BTech in 2004. The question is whether i should get my transcripts from the college from where i have graduated or from the university. Please reply its urgent!!!

I guess u shud get the transcripts from ur college.
Enquire there.

Iday
I guess u shud get the transcripts from ur college.
Enquire there.

Iday

I contacted them and they are saying the same. One more question will attested photocopies in the sealed envelope will work. Anyways college is not going to provide 10-12 originals to me.
nitin_gmat Says
I contacted them and they are saying the same. One more question will attested photocopies in the sealed envelope will work. Anyways college is not going to provide 10-12 originals to me.

Some colleges require an official copy, some are okay with photocopies.

However, contact individual colleges and ensure you know their requirement for attestation.

Some colleges require attestation by the college/university itself. Some require attestation by a US Embassy/Consulate or even USEFI. Email/call your target colleges and find out.

About sealing the envelope- you may have to do that yourself. My college told me to pay 2 Rs, by an official envelope, buy glue and seal!

All the best

I had a lot of questions regarding transcripts myself....I guess my mom and sis found out the answers the hard way since I am out of the country....

They had to travel to my univ(which even I have never seen in my life), and my univ's transcript policy is to certify photocopies. I believe there were a zillion verification signatures on each copy. They put each set in a plain envelop(some bschools specifically ask official univ envelops, so i had to take the pain of sending emails to all of them saying that its coming in plain covers and theres nothing i can do about it), sealed it, the registrar signed across the flaps of each. They put the whole thing in another cover and mailed it to my home address(postage provided by us). With each set costing Rs100, I was under the impression that I will get original transcripts, but it turned out that the cost was entirely for their signatures 😃 ....

that was my transcript saga....and to think that these are the easy parts of the whole MBA process....All the best with your apps.

Most Indian universities are aware of this whole phoren school transcript business, so you can check out your univ's website. My Univ's website just had "Contact Registrars' office for more info. Each set costs Rs100"