Toybank @ Bangalore

Hi Guys! I was delighted to come across ToyBank “A bank with toy deposits and joy dividends”. About Toybank- The journey began on August 15th, 2004. Shweta Chari, an Electronics Engineer founded Toybank with a vision of reaching out to…

Hi Guys!

I was delighted to come across ToyBank "A bank with toy deposits and joy dividends".

About Toybank-
The journey began on August 15th, 2004. Shweta Chari, an Electronics Engineer founded Toybank with a vision of reaching out to children through fun and play using toys. A small idea that started in a small restaurant in Bombay has over the years gathered momentum with the help and support of friends and volunteers from all across Bombay. Within a shortest span of time and very minimal resources, Toybank is bringing smiles on thousands of deprived faces. Toybank acts as a leveler of the society by taking toys from those that can give and distributing them to the ones in need.

It has chapters at Pune and Bangalore and HQ at Mumbai.
I have submitted this org to be a part of the Oracle Volunteer Days and I am awaiting Approval.
I am also attaching the brochure which has all the contact info.

We all have nieces/nephews/kids around us with toys they dont use. Why not put them to a better use.

There are 3 categories of toys which Toybank does not appreciate:

1. Toys that promote violence such as, guns, swords and similar such toys are not accepted by Toybank
2. Toys in good condition are a must, any part broken or torn from the toy then that toy should kindly be kept aside.
3. Barbie dolls are also not accepted as Toybank does not believe in discrimination.

Looking forward to a good participation number.

Cheers
Pallavi

Hi All,

This is Vinay here - Co ordinator for Toybank Bangalore.
Would like to Thank Pallavi for introducing Toybank here.

We conduct Toy collection, Gift wrapping and Toy distribution drives every month or bi monthly.
If anyone would like to volunteer for the same, pls drop me a private message with your email ID and I shall add you to the distribution list.

Also, I would like to clarify that we have presence only in Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune as of now and we are not currently expanding to other cities.
In case you are interested to join us in any of these three cities, Pls drop me a line.

Thanks for supporting Toybank

Thanks!