Top 2-Tier UK B-Schools:2010 Applications & Beyond

Hi friends, I am starting a new thread for the aspirants, seeking for admissions in the Internationally recognised, Top 2-Tier B-Schools in UK, the Stathclyde, Durham, Leeds, Bradford, Aston, Bath, Edinburgh, etc. There have been some useful …

Hi friends,

I am starting a new thread for the aspirants, seeking for admissions in the Internationally recognised, Top 2-Tier B-Schools in UK, the Stathclyde, Durham, Leeds, Bradford, Aston, Bath, Edinburgh, etc. There have been some useful threads in PG, for these B-schools, in the previous years.

This forum might give us, an opportunity and a great platform, to discuss the application, interview, admissions, scholarships, loans & further joining these reputed B-schools.

I welcome all the fellow PGs, aspirants and the current students/alumni to share there experiences and guide us to get admission into these ranked Global MBA pragrams.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Saurabh.

Hi,

Here's my status for MBA -

1. Unconditional Admit from Lancaster MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Leeds MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Sheffield MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
4. Unconditional Admit from Vlerick MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
5. Unconditional Admit from Durham MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
6. Edinburgh MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
7. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
8. Oxford MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply
9. Cambridge MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply

Here's my status for MSc -

1. Unconditional Admit from Cranfield (Strategic Marketing) (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Warwick (ISM) (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde (BITS) (Full Time) 2010/11
4. LSE (ADMIS + Strategic Management) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
5. Lancaster (ITMOC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
6. Manchester (ITGC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress

If anybody else has got through to any of these Colleges / Courses, let's team up for preparations to land up in the UK ....

Regards,
Lovejoy Kiljoy

Congrats Lovejoy Kiljoy..So many admits !!! Can u plz share your profile?

Hi,

Here's my status for MBA -

1. Unconditional Admit from Lancaster MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Leeds MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Sheffield MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
4. Unconditional Admit from Vlerick MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
5. Unconditional Admit from Durham MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
6. Edinburgh MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
7. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde MBA (Full Time) 2010/11
8. Oxford MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply
9. Cambridge MBA (Full Time) 2010/11 - To Apply

Here's my status for MSc -

1. Unconditional Admit from Cranfield (Strategic Marketing) (Full Time) 2010/11
2. Unconditional Admit from Warwick (ISM) (Full Time) 2010/11
3. Conditional Admit from Strathclyde (BITS) (Full Time) 2010/11
4. LSE (ADMIS + Strategic Management) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
5. Lancaster (ITMOC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress
6. Manchester (ITGC) (Full Time) 2010/11 - In Progress

If anybody else has got through to any of these Colleges / Courses, let's team up for preparations to land up in the UK ....

Regards,
Lovejoy Kiljoy

Hey thats Wonderful dude...

U r writing success stories... Congrats for the Multiple admits...
Janta is busy, in applications (Essays/SOP/LRs).. & u have even made as a confirm admit... & that too cleared the final Interview... in December itself. Good work... Keep it up.

Do guide us.. in the process. And do share your profile as well.
BTW, when did u apply ? Interviews kab huae ??

Hey lovejoykiljoy, u have loads of fruitful experience to share.. & guide us.

DrSaurabh and MBAAspirer,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I'll very happy to help out anybody who is interested in applying to these Schools.

I had the following heartaches along the way too so don't give up and just go on -

1. S P Jain, India - MBA - Rejected after Interview
2. ISB, India - MBA - Rejected after Interview
3. MBS, Australia - MBA - Rejected
4. Warwick (MSc (Marketing and Strategy)) - Rejected
5. LSE (MSc (Mgmt. and Strategy)) - Rejected (.... just got to know last night !)
6. Cranfield, UK - MBA - Rejected

Regards,
Lovejoy Kiljoy

Guys,

I applied for the Bath MBA by regular Paper application and have got an e-mail from them, that they are accepting online applications.

So, do I need to do a fresh application again ? Or just I need to mail them my Docs, LRs & SOP, in a soft-copy format. Will my LORs suffice the needs, or do I need to get it with the referee link ? I have applied to most of the Schools, with Paper/hard-copy application & have recieved the acknowledgements from them.
I have mailed these queries to them (Bath), as well.. but no response yet.

What to do guys...confused ?Plz help.
Thx.

I have got an Unconditional offer from Aston Business School. I need to pay 1000 GBP, within 6 weeks from the date of issue (23/12/09), to hold the seat & confirm my Candidature.
Waiting for some other offers, in the pipeline.

I have got an Unconditional offer from Aston Business School. I need to pay 1000 GBP, within 6 weeks from the date of issue (23/12/09), to hold the seat & confirm my Candidature.
Waiting for some other offers, in the pipeline.

Hello Dr Saurabh,
Kindly share your profile. GMAT and work experience. Why did you not apply to other MBA school such as Oxford, Cambridge and LBS??

Thanks

Aziz

..post deleted

Hello lovejoykiljoy,

I also have an unconditional offer from Leeds. Just got to know yesterday.
Which one are you taking up? Shall I accept Leeds?

Hello lovejoykiljoy,

Hey,

Congrats for the offer.
How is Leeds MBA ? I've also applied over there.
I've heard that, the career services out there is one of the best & they really arrange numerous career/recruitment camps/job fairs in the campus.
& secondly the Leeds advantage..being a bigger place than Durham/Bath etc.. so Post-MBA jobs & even part-time jobs (if time permits) is definitely better than its other counterparts.. What do u say?
Have u made your mind ??
Hello lovejoykiljoy,

Hey,

Congrats for the offer.
Did they arrange an Interview ? & Did u write GMAT ?

How is Leeds MBA ? I've also applied over there.
I've heard that, the career services out there is one of the best & they really arrange numerous career/recruitment camps/job fairs in the campus.
& secondly the Leeds advantage..being a bigger place than Durham/Bath etc.. so Post-MBA jobs & even part-time jobs (if time permits) is definitely better than its other counterparts.. What do u say?
Have u made your mind ??

Thanks!!
I gave my GMAT 2 years back...The university arranged for a telephonic interview. I am still waiting for some other univs. I am not sure if I should accept Leed's. I came to this forum for guidance. Does anyone have info about alumni of Leed's

Hi All,

I have got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde. Can u please advise how good it is. Recently had been to Glasgow, hear a lot about its reputation in strategy.

Hi All,

I have got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde. Can u please advise how good it is. Recently had been to Glasgow, hear a lot about its reputation in strategy.

Congrats surya! Recently I had read a post where past Strathclyde student was giving advise. Unfortunately, I dont remember the thread name. Can you plz share your profile?

My Profile :

GMAT - 720
WExp - 5 yrs in Consulting (Intl expsoure 1 year)
Extra Curricular - decent
Social Service - decent
Acads - Engg from top 10 Indian univ

Hello Guys......I too got an unconditional offer from Leeds........the hard copy is yet to be recieved.Any idea how to go about scholarship applications for Leeds?

hello evryone.....this thread seems to be lyin dead all of a sudden.......who all are accepting LEEDS offer?

aks_27 Says
hello evryone.....this thread seems to be lyin dead all of a sudden.......who all are accepting LEEDS offer?

I've got a mail from LEEDS Adcoms, that GMAT is mandatory & everyone needs to go for it, followed by an Interview..so I'm writing it on 3rd Feb..I have got an Interview Call from Durham..& Bath, Strathclyde applications are getting processed/reviewed..

So, did u write GMAT & how was your Leeds interview ? Have you finalised Leeds ?