TOEFL help.

For those who have appeared for TOEFL … Can you help me with some reference material/site to prepare for TOEFL (apart from the toefl site)? I need some info on the test format, question types, sample question, etc. I am not asking for …

For those who have appeared for TOEFL ... Can you help me with some reference material/site to prepare for TOEFL (apart from the toefl site)?

I need some info on the test format, question types, sample question, etc.

I am not asking for copies of any material you may have used ... Just the names of the books will be enough.

Also, can you also give me an idea of the approx time frame I may need to perpare? How long did it take for you guys to prepare?

Any help in this regard will he appreciated.

For those who have appeared for TOEFL ... Can you help me with some reference material/site to prepare for TOEFL (apart from the toefl site)?

I need some info on the test format, question types, sample question, etc.

I am not asking for copies of any material you may have used ... Just the names of the books will be enough.

Also, can you also give me an idea of the approx time frame I may need to perpare? How long did it take for you guys to prepare?

Any help in this regard will he appreciated.

TOEFL is the most simple exam i have ever taken.

Trust me dude.. You dont need to prepare for TOEFL.

Reading Comprehension : It shows the para in which answer is

Listening : This might be somewhat tricky... but listen to english movies, news and u will be good.

Good Luck !!!

I agree with you PJ02. But did you face any difficulties with the Speaking section? I am giving my TOEFL on sep 20 and found everything else easier compared to Speaking section where we have only 15 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to record.

Most important of all, TOEFL needs concentration combined with patience.

Tell us your experience in the speaking section and your score in it.

Thanks
Raghav

I agree with you PJ02. But did you face any difficulties with the Speaking section? I am giving my TOEFL on sep 20 and found everything else easier compared to Speaking section where we have only 15 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to record.

Thanks
Raghav

Hi Raghav,

Can you pls let me know once you are done with your TOEFL. Tell me about your score/experience.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hey Guys,
I'm giving TOEFL the coming saturday and with the tight work schedule i have hardly any time to prepare...
If any of u have any tips for the last minute prep can u plzzzz let me know..
Thanks in advance
-SDon:-(

Hey Guys,
I'm giving TOEFL the coming saturday and with the tight work schedule i have hardly any time to prepare...
Thanks in advance

I gave TOEFL with only 2 hrs preparation.

TOEFL is not that difficult which u are making it look like..

chill dude....

Hey thanks pj02..
SDon

I suppose....TOEFL iBT is just a screener so no big deal abt it...........But don't mess around too much which i did and got busted......I took my TOEFL iBT in Nov'08

Got my TOEFL iBT scores...

Reading-27
Listening-29
Speaking-23
Writing-25

Total - 104

I dont need to share the exprience....just a suggestion walk in with a clear head.
--------------------
Cheers!

Hey Guys,
Thanks in advance

Hey,

How was your TOEFL?

I gave mine yesterday and it went OK. Will have to wait for the scores now.
Hey,

How was your TOEFL?

I gave mine yesterday and it went OK. Will have to wait for the scores now.

It was ok...
i just slept well.. listened to few questions on the CD a day before thats it..
But the TOEFL center was a total fish market :P
I was expecting something comparable to GMAT..
My test screen was upside down and got it reset..
Awesome experience :P
just waiting for the score to get to knw how the speaking section went ..
rest all was pretty decent..

Cheers,
SDon

Guys, I now have my TOEFL score(s): 111/120
The only section that I screwed up in is the speaking section.

Reading-30
Listening-29
Speaking-23
Writing-29

Thanks
Raghav

Hey Raghav, Can you help me on one thing.. I am in dillemma that wheter to go for GMAT or TOEFL as I am only planning for one year MBA progammes in the UK.. I have first class managerial expereince with HSBC for 7 years and now I need to upgrade quitting the bank and to rejoin after or move else with an MBA.. Please gimme an insight which best colleges accpet TOEFL and how much it charges and does it require also for me to go for GMAT?? Thanks in advance..
I suppose....TOEFL iBT is just a screener so no big deal abt it...........But don't mess around too much which i did and got busted......I took my TOEFL iBT in Nov'08

Got my TOEFL iBT scores...

Reading-27
Listening-29
Speaking-23
Writing-25

Total - 104

I dont need to share the exprience....just a suggestion walk in with a clear head.
--------------------
Cheers!

Guys, I now have my TOEFL score(s): 111/120
The only section that I screwed up in is the speaking section.

Reading-30
Listening-29
Speaking-23
Writing-29

Awsome score guys...