Toastmasters International

Could not find an active thread on Toastmasters International . So thought of starting a new one where people can discuss about the various clubs , proceedings of a session , roles in a session and the benefits of attending these sessions . …

Could not find an active thread on Toastmasters International . So thought of starting a new one where people can discuss about the various clubs , proceedings of a session , roles in a session and the benefits of attending these sessions .

Toastmasters is a brilliant platform to improve communication and leadership skills . A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere. There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another €™s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program €™s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.

I joined the club at my office in Chennai 3 months back . Presently am the secretary of the club and am aiming for CC , CL titles . This thread will be used to answer any queries regarding TMI . TM puys , lets start it

Toastmaster Azhar Jafri

Could not find an active thread on Toastmasters International . So thought of starting a new one where people can discuss about the various clubs , proceedings of a session , roles in a session and the benefits of attending these sessions .

Toastmasters is a brilliant platform to improve communication and leadership skills . A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere. There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another €™s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program €™s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.

I joined the club at my office in Chennai 3 months back . Presently am the secretary of the club and am aiming for CC , CL titles . This thread will be used to answer any queries regarding TMI . TM puys , lets start it

Toastmaster Azhar Jafri

Toastmaster Azhar Jafri

Toastmaster Azhar Jafri

Toastmasters International (TI) is a nonprofit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. Through its thousands of member clubs, Toastmasters International offers a program of communication and leadership projects designed to help people learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking.

How Does It Work?

A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another €™s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program €™s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure

To Know more check out: www.toastmasters.org/...

Toastmaster Azhar Jafri

Tried posting yesterday after creating the thread but was not able to do so. Some problem i guess . Working fine now .

@[335028:jafri.azhar7]
Last week my Manager asked me to join this club in our Office..I had no idea abt. it and skipped .I would request you to share your experiences(activities) at Toastmasters work-place .Please elaborate on these titles CC , CL etc.

I have been interested in public speaking since school days . Got to know about TMI after joining TCS . Its a very good forum for improving public speaking and communication . Has been 3 months since i joined and the experience has been great . U get to talk every week in front of a crowd who are all ears to you . The sessions are conducted very professionally with special roles assigned to people who tell you about ur positives & the points of improvements . Overall a very good environment is created which allows us to learn more and communicate more effectively . I feel I have started speaking more confidently now.

Every session has generally 2 prepared speeches (part of cc manual) followed by Table Topics round which allows you to think on your feet and start speaking . You can understand it more properly once you go and attend a session as guest .

CC known as Competent Communicator , consists of 10 project speeches . Each speech emphasizes on different aspects of Public speaking and has few objectives . Once you clear those objectives , you ll get the CC certificate which very much respected worldwide . But more importantly , u ll feel a lot of improvement in ur speaking skills . CL is Competent Leader which has few objectives to be achieved which will be possible by participating actively in the sessions .

I will suggest you to surely go and give it a try as a guest . U will like it .

Anyways for more information , u can check http://www.toastmasters.org/

To begin with , u can find a club near your location using this link : http://reports.toastmasters.org/findaclub/ and go attend a session .

There are community clubs and corporate clubs . Community clubs are open to all while Corporate are meant for the employees of a specific company.

Thanks....will attend the session on wednesday @ IBM Blue Voice Toastmasters Club

Will post the Experience here !

@[335028:jafri.azhar7]

Attended the session today..very motivating...

Good for Personality Developement.....Will definitely join...

Tell me something new that I must know..I am a newbie there !

ill@LeoN88 said:

@jafri.azhar7

Attended the session today..very motivating...

Good for Personality Developement.....Will definitely join...

Tell me something new that I must know..I am a newbie there !

Nice to know that . Once you join , start taking up different roles in the sessions like timer , ah counter , grammarian , ttm , tmod , etc . And get in touch with the Vice President Education of the club . He will assign a mentor for you who will help you with your speeches and guide you to CC and CL . Not that CC and CL is the only thing in Toastmasters . But if you work on that track you will be more dedicated in attending the sessions and taking up roles . Moreover u get the much desired CC and CL title :)

P.S : Have completed most of the projects of CL . only few left . So will be a CL soon . Apart from that as well , the experience has been pretty good . U get to manage ur own club , events , funds , etc . Helps u improve a lot !!!

Following are the different tracks available for a new member . U can work for both . TMI will send manuals for the registered members which will explain how to work for these titles . Moreover u can take help from any of the senior TM . They will surely guide you !! You will notice the change very soon and in case you r preparing for MBA , it will be very helpful for GD and PI's as well !!!

Yes , I can relate things well now...CC,CL, grammarian, ah Counter etc.

So, I guess after I register(tell me abt. the payment) they'll assign me a mentor , also what are the stepping stones for CC title..I heard these terms P1, P2 etc. and how long does it take to get CC title.

Regards,
Never Back Down

For CC , there are 10 project speeches which need to be finished called as P1,P2....P10 . Each of this speeches target different aspects of public speaking . The manual will contain information about these speeches . For every speech that you give you will be evaluated by a speech evaluator who will tell whether you satisfied the criteria or not .

Now how long will take depends on a lot of factors like how often do u guys meet every week ? , How many members are there in the club ? , etc . But considering that u meet weekly and u give speeches with a gap of 2 weeks , i will take 6 months to get both CC and CL together . Can be done earlier as well !!!

@jafri.azhar7 said:For CC , there are 10 project speeches which need to be finished called as P1,P2....P10 . Each of this speeches target different aspects of public speaking . The manual will contain information about these speeches . For every speech that you give you will be evaluated by a speech evaluator who will tell whether you satisfied the criteria or not .
Now how long will take depends on a lot of factors like how often do u guys meet every week ? , How many members are there in the club ? , etc . But considering that u meet weekly and u give speeches with a gap of 2 weeks , i will take 6 months to get both CC and CL together . Can be done earlier as well !!!

Got, it ...Thanks

It is really good to see a thread dedicated to Toastmasters in Pagalguy :)

Small Intro - I am a member of Oratorium MyInfy Toastmasters. It is the corporate club of Mysore DC, Infosys. Completed my CL and preparing for the 5th project in CC journey. Won 3rd place in the Division level Table Topics contest this year. Presently doing PGDIM in NITIE and we are trying our level best to charter a club in NITIE.

It would be nice if everyone here can introduce themselves (especially in the Toastmasters perspective)

Looking forward to an active thread,
Alen