TISSNET 2014-2016 Discussions, Post Exam Analysis

Please use the new thread for TISSNET 2015-17 discussions:

http://www.pagalguy.com/xat-snap-cmat-others/tiss-net-2015-2017-preparation-28083520

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take up TISSNET exam in 2014. Can someone please help me with the study materials required exclusively for Tiss preparation??

@Rouchelle

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take up TISSNET exam in 2014. Can someone please help me with the study materials required exclusively for Tiss preparation??

Is RS Agarwal enough to prepare for Tissnet??

TISS on the cards πŸ˜‰

Class of 2016!!

when is the tiss exam usually held? and when are the forms expected to be out?

are there any prev yrs papers of tissnet available? where can i find them?

Can anyone tell me when this exam is conducted and when registration starts.

which one is better tiss or nmims??
i hv searched a lot nd some people say go for tiss nd some say nmims is way better..

I saw thay tiss offers an MA degree in HR..can anyone tell me if it is as good as an MBA or a PGDM degree?

Hi.. can anyone tell me a good coaching institute for Tissnet 2014 preparation in Bangalore.????

hey frnzss...... m frm engineering backgrnd.................. is it worth to study at tiss??? i am interested in hrm & disaster management only(heard that these 2 r the best course at tiss)..... do they fetch gd placements???????? another thing is that tiss provide m.a , so would it be a problem in future(since its nt an mba degree)..... plss help..... i am newbie to tissnet.....😁

Hello everyone i am really happy and surprised to see the TISS Prep Thread Up and around so early 😲 even without the notification being out πŸ‘
i would be happy to help you around with your queries that is if i get the time from my busy schedules mg
Few tips that i would give before hand so that it facilitates me and your query process
First and Foremost Enjoy the preparation journey and dont worry to much about the placement stats cos placement matters when u take admission in the college provided u get selected in the first place which is a long long way from here
i do empathize with your dilemma whether to fill the form or not that is to invest the form money
so i will tell you one thing that the HR and the MHA courses here have decent placements the ROI is fantastic as am frm HR so cant tell bout the placement of other courses but i assure that TISS is one of the finest college in India when it comes to any of the courses the amount of research that goes out here and the student to faculty ratio irrespective of the courses and the quality of the faculty is awesome
and i think this is something which is a very very important factor that one should keep in ones mind before filling up any form
So after the small talkπŸ˜ƒ
I once again wish u all the aspirants a very good luck for the preparation to get into one of the superb colleges in India🍻🍻🍻

One more thing for all the aspirants out here plz do not compare colleges cos each college has its own virtue and place in the corporate world however if you were to compare HR colleges or institutes offering hr course then i can say without doubt that for HR in India There are two best colleges TISS and XLRI however TISS by the virtue of the fact being in Mumbai and with the relatively small batch has a little advantage over XL however this is not to belittle XLRI cos XLRI also has its own advantages which unfortunately i am not in a position to say &which; you may have to ask the XL seniors of yours but if you are considering seriously for studying HR then these are the two colleges to be mg

As this is a very common query about TISS gives an MA degree and not an MBA

so i decided to answer in the common post so that anyone who has the same query can refer to this answer
The MA in TISS is similar to the PGDM in IIM basically the industry ie your potential employers have a perception about the college and the kinds of subjects taught there it doesn't bother them whether its a post graduate diploma which is not a degree or a masters degree which is again not an MBA infact the courses and the curriculum out here are revised and updated every year according to the industry needs there is an external review committee consisting of TISS Alumni who are the doyenne of the industry who review the syllabus and give valuable suggestions which are incorporated
I hope this answers everyone s query

Hello everyone,

I am a student of Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM&LR;) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.

This thread is for any queries that you might be having related to admission process or any other activities at TISS, for HR and other programs. I have friends in other programs too so will try and get them to answer queries related to programs other than HR.

I request you all to post the relevant queries on the thread itself so that it can be useful to others. If there is something that you want to ask in particular, you can always PM memg

Dear all aspirants kindly join the thread

of TISSNET Preparation thread 2014 under the forum of XAT,SNAP,IIFT,MAT and other bschool thread unfortunately our friend @Rouchelle has started this thread in the wrong place cos the aspirants would be searching for a prep thread in the above mentioned forum and not under PG meets &events; so i am requesting you all to kindly search for the TISSNET Preparation Thread 2014 under the forum of XAT,SNAP,MAT,and allied B school and follow that and post your queries and get replied there
@visionIIM-ACL moderator sir kindly close this thread as it is created in the wrong sectionmg

What was TISS 2013 CUTOFF FOR NC OBC ??

Please provide specific material and links for tiss net hrm 2014 course

which are the best books/ magazines to read for covering social sensitivity and social issues for TISSNET?

@phoenix2011 can you please provide insight of MHA course at TISS.
cutoff and topics for essay.
what should I take up for general awareness focusing TISSNET?