Tiss

hi, TISS has launched it’s admission forms and i have a doubt as to which is the best course for HR the two courses that i am in confused about are M.A. IN SOCIAL WORK and . M.A. IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS. :: : :: : :: …

hi,
TISS has launched it's admission forms and i have a doubt as to which is the best course for HR the two courses that i am in confused about are
M.A. IN SOCIAL WORK and . M.A. IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS. : : :

could you please shed some light on the topic.
the official web site for TISS is http://www.tiss.edu/

cheers......

hey

MA in Personnel mgmt&Ind; Relations is the one which leads u straight to HR.
gr8 placements too..

MA in social wk is more abt "social wk" and details r given in the downloadable info brochure in that site .
But sometimes ppl do MA in social wk and later switch to hr...but it depends.
hope that ans ur qs ....but i hv 1 of my own!

does any1 know any good coaching class / person /forums who can guide tiss preps in blore?

ps:ufff...this si the 3rd time i am gonan sumbit this!!!!! and last .

hi everybody.
Iam a doc and am considering masters in health and masters in hospital admin too.can anybody tell me if its worth applying in tiss 4 these courses?do any of u know somebody who have actually done their course there?what kind of placements can we expect there after completion? :

hey everyone,

has anyone applied to TISS yet? the last date has been extended, if someone has, i wud like to discuss /ask a few things...

Thanks 😃

yup
applied..all questions welcome!!

hi friend,

How did u go about painting that biographical sketch? I wrote a few rough drafts but wanted a second opinion, as to wat really was required, and wat program did u apply for? Do you anyone already studying there?

biographical sketch was the toughest part in the tiss form...but managed...in the sketch u r basically to portray what kind of person u r with the mention of ur school and colleges..achievements & etc....be careful not to exaggerate abt ur goals as biography is something u have lived...till yet..
me appleied for pm&ir...basically; HR& i don't have anybody studyin there!!

ok...its all about wat u do, have done at college, at school, extracurricular, academics, hobbies, interests with just a mention of ur goals, but then did u mention anything about why and how TISS wud help?or Do you have any particular reasons to apply there, anything in step with their ideology, because from wat i have heard this is more like an SOP which they will use later during the PI. And in an SOP, one is supposed to write about wat one prospects to do, right? wat do you say?

ya may be..from what my friends and seniors(not at tiss) said..biography is not abt ur goals...ya u can mention a line or 2 with regards to how tiss will help u achieve ur goals...i ended my sketch with how tiss will help me...

and yes they'll use it at the time of interview..

back to remodeling my biographical sketch (sounds oh-so .. :biggrin: )...anyway, thanku friend !

:) n good luck !

u r most welcome and good luck to u

what kind of topics come in the essay test for tiss?

chocolat Says
what kind of topics come in the essay test for tiss?

hey Chocolat,

The topics range from the Socio-economic, cultural and socially relevant issues of the day , like the addition of new states to the indian map and its repurcussions etc.
hey, have they started sending out calls , did u receive urs?

hey guys,

any idea about no. of seats at TISS for the PM&IR; course? also tell me if anyone knows what type of essays are asked. i mean what are they generally about - social, political, economic?

cheerio!

they are alloting 45 mins. for essay.
so what shud be the length?

they are alloting 45 mins. for essay.
so what shud be the length?

hey ,
are they sending calls already? any idea, whatsoever? and as for the length of the essay, its pre-defined on the sheet, so need not worry !

hi friends
seems like to many ppl are applyin to TISS too huh
well i called there last week to inquire about the Call letter
Lady at admission Office told they will be out by April end so no need to worry from now
i talked to someone who is doing her MHA (2nd year) at TISS. this course is worth doing only if you are a DR....
and im also wondering which kind of essays do they ask and about no of seats they have so help me out there if someone is aware of it
bye......... 😁
Anumi

Hi ppl.
Oh, just feel like applying to TISS.
Wasn't in plans earlier.

When is the last date for applying.
What's the app process & adm process?
Pls enlighten :!:

Thx in advance.

ATB
avi

Hi ppl.
Oh, just feel like applying to TISS.
Wasn't in plans earlier.

When is the last date for applying.
What's the app process & adm process?
Pls enlighten :!:
Thx in advance.
ATB
avi

hey avi,

Sorry to inform, but well, its pretty late now to apply for TISS, the last date was in feb, so u missed by a month.

GoodLuck, anyway 😃