TISS Habitat Policy & Practice PI Call getters

Hello All, Congrats to all TISS Habitat Policy & Practice short listed candidates. Please feel free to discuss here about your PI Preparation/Advices/Inputs/Queries etc. Thank you.

Hello All,

Congrats to all TISS Habitat Policy & Practice short listed candidates.
Please feel free to discuss here about your PI Preparation/Advices/Inputs/Queries etc.

Thank you.

I am A doctor from Homoeopathic Background B.H.M.S. . So, I know very little about the course nowhere i am getting the info nobody in tiss also know much about the course pls tell me what will i get from this course and what will be the profession of mine when i will get the degree from it????

Very firstly guide me for the PI What should i will be prepare for ?

Waiting for your reply.

I am A doctor from Homoeopathic Background B.H.M.S. . So, I know very little about the course nowhere i am getting the info nobody in tiss also know much about the course pls tell me what will i get from this course and what will be the profession of mine when i will get the degree from it????

Waiting for your reply.

Waiting for your reply.

Habitat Policy and Practice is a course based on policy formulation, evaluation, intervention, analysis, etc on issues of water policy, urban planning (sewerage, drainage, etc)and governance and science and technology. As far as I can see it, your course in Homeopathy has nothing to do with HPP.

After you complete the course you will be absorbed as personnel in NGOs, state organisations and/ or other policy formulation and implementation bodies. You will also be able to work with social research organisations, urban local bodies, etc.

If you have a flair for research and a special interest in urban policies, this is your course!

By the way, there is a written test before the PI....

Hello Friend,

Have you received the call for HPP for this year or you have already completed this course?

As of now, I found only Dr. Sachin has received the call for HPP along with me for 2011-13.

Actually, we wanted to know about details of the placement related information after completion of this course like salary/organisations in specific.

Are you the correct person who can help us into that? or if you know anyone who is aware of this stuff, can you please let us know about the same.

It is really important to get help/advice from you all people so that we can prepare well. Thank you so much for your inputs.

Regards,
Ruturaj

Habitat Policy and Practice is a course based on policy formulation, evaluation, intervention, analysis, etc on issues of water policy, urban planning (sewerage, drainage, etc)and governance and science and technology. As far as I can see it, your course in Homeopathy has nothing to do with HPP.

After you complete the course you will be absorbed as personnel in NGOs, state organisations and/ or other policy formulation and implementation bodies. You will also be able to work with social research organisations, urban local bodies, etc.

If you have a flair for research and a special interest in urban policies, this is your course!

By the way, there is a written test before the PI....

Hello everyone!

I am now getting a little impatient because I am not being able to understand what's exactly going on here... You are also apparently applicants of the same batch of students as I have applied to.. Yet I know that there is a written test to be held on 6th March at the TISS Deonar campus before ANY PI call letters will be sent out because the shortlisting of candidates for PI will take place based on the performance of the written test... If the written test hasn't been conducted how can you people already get PI calls????????

As for the recruitments... what I have heard of is, people often have to find off campus recruitment for themselves...however, the placement record for the last 2 batches haven't been bad... of course the salary will be less than the HRM & LR people... But these posts of yours' have really confused me a lot...I have spoken to the admissions office this morning and Ashwini Madam told me that HPP would send out the call letters for the written test in the last week of february.... how come you guys have got your PI calls already????????????

tinkling.anklet Says
As for the recruitments... what I have heard of is, people often have to find off campus recruitment for themselves...however, the placement record for the last 2 batches haven't been bad... of course the salary will be less than the HRM & LR people... But these posts of yours' have really confused me a lot...I have spoken to the admissions office this morning and Ashwini Madam told me that HPP would send out the call letters for the written test in the last week of february.... how come you guys have got your PI calls already????????????

I've answered you questions in private mail. So no need to get confused.
But have you heard of any senior who is studying there HPP now? or already passed out from HPP?

So that we all will get a good guidance on this matters.

Thanks,
Ruturaj
I've answered you questions in private mail. So no need to get confused.
But have you heard of any senior who is studying there HPP now? or already passed out from HPP?

So that we all will get a good guidance on this matters.

Thanks,
Ruturaj

Hi All,

First of all thanks to all the members of this course who joined this link for sharing their exp and views.

I am also getting the oppurtunity to attend the PI for Habitat Pocilty & Practice from TISS.
Please help me by suggesting on following doubts:
1. I have filled the DAF(Detailed Application Form for the PI) in that for Biographic sketch and for the why I want to pursue this course, I am thinking to attach Computed Printed doc.(not hand written), is it ok because hand written might take more space than the printed one? please suggest me on this if any senior member is available.
2. In the form date of Interview is not mentioned and in the Information Broch. range of PI is from 17-23 march and the TISS depart. says date has been modified and now it is from 8th of March to 17 of March. Please suggest me on this because DAF has a option called interview date.
3. What is the last date of submition of DAF forms?
4. How would be the PI, what is the pattern of Habitat Practise PI.
5. What is the future of this course?

Thanks,
Shailesh
Hi All,

First of all thanks to all the members of this course who joined this link for sharing their exp and views.

I am also getting the oppurtunity to attend the PI for Habitat Pocilty & Practice from TISS.
Please help me by suggesting on following doubts:
1. I have filled the DAF(Detailed Application Form for the PI) in that for Biographic sketch and for the why I want to pursue this course, I am thinking to attach Computed Printed doc.(not hand written), is it ok because hand written might take more space than the printed one? please suggest me on this if any senior member is available.
2. In the form date of Interview is not mentioned and in the Information Broch. range of PI is from 17-23 march and the TISS depart. says date has been modified and now it is from 8th of March to 17 of March. Please suggest me on this because DAF has a option called interview date.
3. What is the last date of submition of DAF forms?
4. How would be the PI, what is the pattern of Habitat Practise PI.
5. What is the future of this course?

Thanks,
Shailesh

Dear Shailesh,

Congrats for a call for TISS HPP.
Currently, I found Dr. Sachin, tinkling.anklet and you who have got call for TISS HPP along with me.

So we will need to prepare for the PI together and with each others help.

Here are answers of the your queries.

1. It is better to provide the handwritten matter. Because, it DAF, TISS has mentioned to put that in handwritten form.

2. Please visit TISS website and there you can get your exact date of PI.

3. Last date of DAF submission is February 22, 2011 and please make sure you send this form by Speed post or registered post. This is mentioned in TISS GD-PI document. You will find that document where you have seen you result marks.

4. For HPP PI, as far as I know, we need to prepare for habitat related information as TISS has mentioned that questions specific to course may be asked in PI. So some of the questions that I conceive are..
Why HPP?
What type of work have you done in this field before?
Your view about the habitat sector. Any positives and negatives about it

like that...

5. As far as I have searched to get info about this course, 2011-13 will be the third batch for this course. This course was started in 2009. We need to dig this out more about answer of the question.

Hope this helps to you and all our call getters friends. :cheers:

Please share your PI dates. My PI is scheduled on March 09, 2011.

Thanks you :thumbsup:

Regards,
Ruturaj

Hi Ruturaj,

Thanx for your valuable information.

How you preparing for PI, Did you prefer any mode/ source through which we all can gain anything?

As far as my PI Date is concerned; I've not received my PI, Could you please explain through which mode you got ur PI Date?
I got my DAF from through website-tissresult and in that they have nt mentioned my PI Date and after that I've not received any mail from them.

one more thing; are you located in Pune, if yes than we meet and discuss on it(if you don't have any issue)?

Thanx
Shailesh Singh

Hi Ruturaj,

Thanx for your valuable information.

How you preparing for PI, Did you prefer any mode/ source through which we all can gain anything?

As far as my PI Date is concerned; I've not received my PI, Could you please explain through which mode you got ur PI Date?
I got my DAF from through website-tissresult and in that they have nt mentioned my PI Date and after that I've not received any mail from them.

one more thing; are you located in Pune, if yes than we meet and discuss on it(if you don't have any issue)?

Thanx
Shailesh Singh

Dear Shailesh,

Currently, trying to get online help about this particular field.

And about the date of PI, you will need to visit TISS website. There is a link named....
Date-sheet for group discussion and interview for shortlisted candidates (2011-13)
... on the website. There you will be able to get your PI dates.

I am located in Pune but right now out of the station and will be back in pune after 2-3 days. Then we can surely meet to discuss.

Please send me private message and let me know your personal id thru private message and then we can discuss there till that time.

Thank you,
Ruturaj

Hi Call getters,
First of all congrats to you.
I am too aspirants for HPP course, I will be appearing for HPP exam on 6th March 2011. So can you pls give some question frm your paper. I am asking this as it will give me idea about paper pattern. Also it would be helpful if you share gk questions based on your memory. Thanks in advance!! :)

Awaiting ur help!!

Thanks,
Gaurav Kataria(GK)

Hi Gaurav,

TISS has divided entrance exam into two parts:

1. General Knowledge
2. Paper on your Interested Course;In your case it would be HPP

1. General Knowledge:- It consist of 50 objective question from all fields sports,History,Economic update, Aptitude,Current Affiars-National & International.
about question- not remember much but just go through CS magzine for latest developments in National & International events plus also go through sports section, International Organisation chairman's,etc

2. HPP Paper:- This paper consist of one case study on Urban Poverty or any type of Issues today's cities are struggling with and you have to give logical solution to the question. Secondlly you have Logical reasoning, little bit of quant and again General knowledge tilted towards Socia-Economic & Urban issues.

Best of Luck for you Exam.

Regards,
Shailesh singh

Hi All,

Congratulations to all who have got final call for HPP. Well Done guys. :cheerio:

I'm on the wait list. Let's see what happens next.

Those who have got the final call are requested to share some information like
their total marks, educational background, work experience etc.

Would be great help for others to contact you for any information.

Thanks and Regards,
Ruturaj

hi, i have been shortlisted for hpp course. Can anyone tell me about its placement.

ankurgame1989 Says
hi, i have been shortlisted for hpp course. Can anyone tell me about its placement.

Hi,

As far as I know, still there are placement concerns for this course.

Regards,
Ruturaj.

hey any girl shortlisted for HPP! Need to finalise the accommodation and stuff!!