TISS GDPI thread for GLOBALIZATION & LABOR

Hello Frnds :: , lets get to know each other and some idea on the programme.Seniors with due respect :: are requested to help us for further preparations and general overview on the programme.Lets introduce starting with the following:TISS-…

Hello Frnds, lets get to know each other and some idea on the programme.

Seniors with due respect are requested to help us for further preparations and general overview on the programme.
Lets introduce starting with the following:
TISS-NET score:
Pragrammes applied for:
Category:
CAT and other scores:

TISS-NET score: 82
Pragrammes applied for: HRM, G&L;, Dev. Studies
Category: OBC
CAT and other scores: 92

Hey even I am interested in knowing placement and growth prospects of Glob. and Labour
TISS-NET score: 74
Pragrammes applied for: HRM, G&L;
Category: OBC
CAT and other scores: CAT 81, XAT 82
B Tech background, 30 months exp in Manufac Ind...M interested but dont know how to justify...can ne1 help...
@sarveshsingh Which IIM calls do u have ?? and did u get shortlisted for HR
@Dibya007 All six new IIMs and yes, I am shorlisted for HRM :)
TISS-NET score: 84
Pragrammes applied for: HRM, G&L;, SE
Category: General ..
CAT and other scores =

Missed HRM by 2 marks .. selected for d other 2.

TISS NET SCORE:85

Programs applied : HRM & GL

Category general

selected for G&L;

requesting seniors to throw some light on placement and future prospective for the couse

Tiss net-84
Category-general
selected for G&L;

does anyone have any idea abt the placements of Globalization and labour?Seniors,please throw some light!!!!

TISS-NET score: 83
Pragrammes applied for: HRM, Social Enterpreunship, Globalization and Labour
Category: GN
CAT and other scores:

Senior puys, plz help us by providing info abt Career growth (placements and packages) in GL and SE
TISS-NET score: 84
Pragrammes applied for: HRM, Globalization and Labour,MA/MSC Urban Policy and Governance,MA Rural development Hyderabad
Category: GN
CAT and other scores: 78 percntile,IRMA 89 percntile(missed QA cutoffs by 5 percentile)

Can someone from the current batch please shed somelight on alumni of this course,where are they posted at present
TISS-NET score: 85
Programmes applied for: HRM & 'GLOBALISATION & LABOUR'
Category: GEN
CAT and other scores:

Missed HRM by 1 mark... But, selected for Globalisation....

Hey, i read the following in some thread. In case, anyone has further info, plz share.

"I hope all GL aspirants read this
http://www.global-labour-university.org/162.html "

Maybe vl have to call up tiss authorities and ask them about the placements..whether placements happen or not for this course

has anyone got any further mail or notification from tiss apart from that scorecard mail?

@sonnyanu said:
has anyone got any further mail or notification from tiss apart from that scorecard mail?
No

i have been selected for glob.&lab.; course.is it worth joining.howz the placements.i am in IT field for the past 1.3 years.plz anyone

No seniors to reply on this thread?? .. Plzz.. need some guidance.. don't even know what is the demand for this course.. I think people missing HRM by a whisker are optiong for this course.. .. confused..

Hi puys,a sad news..i called up the placement cell of TISS..and the guy told me that there are no placements for globalization course..and demad for this field is not much..wen i asked him to give me some example of companies that come..he said he dint have any..he told me that getting a job is hard in this field and pay is not much..but still i wud call up the dean of GL and clarify further..

UPDATE FOR GL ASPIRANTS :
I had a conversation with a current GL student and he was quite kind in clearing up the whole situation :
1) Its an academic course intended for those are willing to serve the society , address labour issues , willing to work for trade unions , upliftment of people working in unorganized sector etc .

Having said that , it doesn't mean that GL students don't get placements , they do get average placements ( 30-35 k per month shouldn't be difficult ) . So , those who are semi motivated and only monetarily inspired should not join this. Also from this year a placement cell for GL is being formed . The scope for involvement varies from NGOs , govt schemes and even ILO , WTO etc .

2) There is ample practical exposure .As TISS is a part of the Global labour university , its students do have international student exchange programs .He said 4-5 students of his batch are going to Germany and Brazil for internships .

3) The faculty is well renowned and erudite .