TISS GD PI Prep Thread 2013-15 for HRM course

This is an exclusive Prep Thread for TISS GD-PI Preparation. Please share and learn as much as you can. I couldn’t find any previous year threads for the same. Generally PI is the most crucial phase in TISS till last year. This year though, PIT is…

This is an exclusive Prep Thread for TISS GD-PI Preparation. Please share and learn as much as you can. I couldn't find any previous year threads for the same. Generally PI is the most crucial phase in TISS till last year. This year though, PIT is a part of scheme of things. As far as I have come to know, PIT will be an essay test. Not sure if PIT is an eliminator.

PIT will be having 4 topics- 2 social issues and 2 current affairs. We are expected to write on one of the topics and this will be followed by PI on the very same day.

PIT and PI will be held from March 7- 20, 2013

I will loop in some seniors on this thread to help us. Keep Learning..

Please look attached, tentative details of PIT for HRM&LR;

TIME TO EDIT THE POST: The results are out today and for GEN the cut off seems to be 86. I will post the cutoffs for OBC, SC and ST as soon I come to know abt it.

Keep Learning. Best of Luck everyone, who got through, for the next round

How much are you scoring in the T.I.S.S. NET?

Thanks @GmaneGenius !

Just like the combined efforts on the TISS Prep thread, let us make this one an active thread, too. :)
@GmaneGenius tussi great ho pappe!!

Is there any predefined weightage of PIT and PI .. and of course writtentest

This poll.. a lot of lives depend on it.. at least till the results are out..

@manishblitz Not sure man.. Let me get in touch with some seniors for that clarification
@GmaneGenius Kuch questions ka sample bhi aa jaye... word limit time limit type . kripa hogi bhai!!!
@GmaneGenius Kuch questions ka sample bhi aa jaye... word limit time limit type . kripa hogi bhai!!!
@manishblitz Yaar that is tough.. We can only speculate that thing.. still shuru karte hai kal se.. Chill maro abhi toh.. :)
I am thinking jaise Merriam Webster/TF ka Word of the Day hota hai, yahaan bhi we should try to raise our vocab levels by posting it regularly here. It is very imp. to use good vocab in an essay, esp. when you are competing against candidates from Arts, Humanities, Literature backgrounds.

if everyone is fine, I can post it everyday here.

happy to see this thread so early

@Akshaya1005 great idea.!! a good vocab will surely help each one of us..!

PIT is still a mystery.Need some conclusive news about its procedure.

@Akshaya1005 Sure, you should do it..
I have asked Gaurav to help us, let us see what he has to say and guide us.

Shouldnt it be called a PIT/PI thread instead of GD/PI thread?.

Anyway, good job. this will benefit everyone.

theek hai toh fir. kal kare so aaj; aaj kare so ab. :)

1. abhor: to regard with extreme repugnance(strong dislike, distaste, or antagonism) : loathe
eg. She is a strict vegetarian who abhors the consumption of meat.

2. sensual: pertaining to the sensory and bodily needs and not to the intellect, worldly, materialistic or not religious
eg. Latin American dances include a lot of sensual movements and fancy foot work.

3. vex: to annoy, provoke or bother, confuse, perplex
eg. This conflict, which continues to vex the cleverest philosophers, is old and deep.

4. vociferous: clamorous, noisy or vehement when expressing one's feelings; blatant, boisterous
eg. His vociferous protests went unheard.

5. deranged: insane, mad or mentally disturbed; disordered, disarranged or unbalanced
eg. The deranged lady was admitted to the mental asylum so that she would not harm herself or others.

6. portly: stout, fat or chubby; distinguished, stately or imposing
eg. The portly gentleman was seen walking around the garden.

Social Issues should be of primary concern.Please post important social issues on 2011-2012.

Ill contribute as well.In details.