TISS and various options

hey, I am a computer engineering and want to go in social development field. TISS offers 3 programs: MA in social work MA in social entrepreneurship MA in development studies I went through TISS site and read about the related field…

hey,
I am a computer engineering and want to go in social development field.
TISS offers 3 programs:
MA in social work
MA in social entrepreneurship
MA in development studies

I went through TISS site and read about the related fields, but couldn't figure out the difference between last 2 fields. Anyone can help me in this regard and give an elaborate view over this.
Also, are there any other institutes which provide the same course at par with TISS ?

MA in development Studies has a course curriculum that orients you more towards a career in Research/Academia though other avenues are open as well.

If you're looking at development studies then options other than TISS are :

1.IIT Guwahati offers an MA in Development Studies

2.Centre for Development Studies and Activities has a School of Development and Planning(SDP) affiliated to the University of Pune.It offers MA/Msc in Development Planning and Administration.

3.IGIDR Mumbai offers Phd and Mphil in Development Studies apart from Msc in Economics

4.Ambedkar University Delhi is a University set up by the Government of Delhi to focus on the area of Humanities and Social Sciences.It offers MA in Development Studies and allied fields.

5.Delhi School of Economics offers an MA in Sociology.

Many other universities like University of Mysore,University of Lucknow,MG University Kottayam etc. offer an MA in Development studies as well.

Amity and Manipal university offer similar courses as well.