TISS ADMISSIONS for 2013-2015

TISS announces Admissions to the 2013-15 batch for Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses) Please check the website : https://admission

TISS announces Admissions to the 2013-15 batch for Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad campuses)

Please check the website : https://admissions.tiss.edu/ for details about the programmes, campuses and admission procedure.

Last date for applications : 30 November 2012

What is the cut-off for last year admission?

For specific queries please call helpline 022-25525252.
TISS MA admissions 2013 Computer Based Test: Concerns clarified. Please check the video posted for the same on the TISS profile page.

We would like to address the concerns of the applicants about the Computer Based Test of TISSNET 2013 AND inform you that you can now change your selection of the written test to the Computer Based test. You can login and change it - https://appln-admissions.tiss.edu/
@TISS Sir Is there any change in the format of the Exam, Please let know where can how can I get to know details regarding the TISS Exam format and prepare for the same to the best of my abilities.
Regards
Dev
ďťż
CET 2013 will consist of questions on the following areas:

Social Sensitivity and Knowledge of Contemporary Issues
Questions on these areas will assess candidates' sensitivity to social issues and their knowledge of contemporary developments. Besides awareness of current issues, it will also assess candidates' knowledge of social inequalities and problems facing marginal groups of the society - both local and global. The questions would thus cover a range of areas -- economy, politics, ecology, history, geography, and will include contemporary themes that affect the vulnerable groups.

Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
Questions on these areas will test the students' ability to perform basic and intermediate level numerical/mathematical operations, and interpret ratios, percentages, graphs and diagrams. The logical reasoning questions aim to test the ability of the students to think logically and analytically.

English Language Competency
English language competency refers to the ability to understand and reason with concepts framed in words rather than numbers. It also includes verbal reasoning which requires the ability to synthesize information from text passages to answer questions drawn from the same, to analyze and recognize the relationships and patterns of relationships between parts of a sentence and between words and concepts. The test of English Language Competency consists of comprehension, sentence completion, sentence correction, analogies and antonyms.
@TISS : Thanks a ton for such descriptive reply. Since the stage is set for clearing the aspirants doubts I hope by asking Qs (some might even be silly) I am not consuming your pre-occupied time.
I was wondering about the Cut-off scores for MA HRM & LA course and also enlighten on the process of selection and chances for a fresher to study for the same program at TISS.
@TISS ..what is the date of the written exam ,paper format??
@2012calling JAN 13.

hello.....do we have sectional cut offs in the paper ?? please let me know...thanks 😃

@TISS What is the question breakout?I mean total no. of questions that are asked?...Thanx
@TISS I went through the online model exam. The test was not clearly divided into sections. That makes it a little difficult for everyone with strong and weak areas. Would that be the same case with the written exam? Otherwise it would be a little unfair. They ( offline mode ) have the option to choose the questions while we are totally blind. Just by looking at the question number on the right hand side, we can't make out if its maths, english or GK while they can easily do that buy scanning the question paper. I believe neither should have an advantage. BUT as per your model exam, it's very clear that the offline mode is the best option contrary to what the website has been saying. I feel a little hard done by. I never had an option to see the question papers when I applied. Didn't know that you'd extend the dates.
Please keep an option to change the modes or distribute the questions is a random manner for the offline paper.
@Arps23 there will not be any sectional cut-off. Just the usual over all cut-off!
@nevinthomas A very right issue raised by you. I really HOPE the officials at @TISS Take note of this anomaly. Everyone should have equal chances at getting a good score.
@nevinthomas said:
@TISS I went through the online model exam. The test was not clearly divided into sections. That makes it a little difficult for everyone with strong and weak areas. Would that be the same case with the written exam? Otherwise it would be a little unfair. They ( offline mode ) have the option to choose the questions while we are totally blind. Just by looking at the question number on the right hand side, we can't make out if its maths, english or GK while they can easily do that buy scanning the question paper. I believe neither should have an advantage. BUT as per your model exam, it's very clear that the offline mode is the best option contrary to what the website has been saying. I feel a little hard done by. I never had an option to see the question papers when I applied. Didn't know that you'd extend the dates. Please keep an option to change the modes or distribute the questions is a random manner for the offline paper.
hi @nevinthomas , @satyamsingh - interesting point .. but i think you have missed one part in teh online demo.. i had checked it and there is a provision to see all the questions at one time... just click the "Question Paper" button below the list of question numbers.. you can then see all the questions... so i think there should be no difference in the computer and offline test in that area...
@MaxMBA Thanks for this insight! 😃 I really did not notice it. Hey @nevinthomas Hope it helped you too!

Just one more query. When do we get to choose the exam mode i.e offline or online? While filling up the form I never came across any such option. Please guide.

@satyamsingh yeah that was a big help. @MaxMBA Thank you!