TISS 2011 Notification out

Hi all, TISS notification is out… Exam on Dec 12th…2010. Last date to register : 22 October 2010 For more details… http://www.tiss.edu/announcements/attachments/MA_IB_1013.pdf

Hi all,

TISS notification is out..

Exam on Dec 12th..2010.
Last date to register : 22 October 2010
For more details..
http://www.tiss.edu/announcements/attachments/MA_IB_1013.pdf

One can start to register online from Sep 10th..2010..

the timing for the test isn't specified .. is it in the first half of the day or in the 2nd half like fms ??

the timing for the test isn't specified .. is it in the first half of the day or in the 2nd half like fms ??

TISS Exam has always been in morning ..However we will wait for advertisement in newspapers...interesting to find that this detail is missing in Information brochure.

gudakesh Says

JMET and TISS on same day.. when can the time for TISS be confirmed?

snehalnarang Says
JMET and TISS on same day.. when can the time for TISS be confirmed?

that's the reason for me to ask about the possible timing of the examination . just hope that the TISS authorities have taken note of our dilemma and done changes in the timings .
gudakesh Says
that's the reason for me to ask about the possible timing of the examination . just hope that the TISS authorities have taken note of our dilemma and done changes in the timings .

last year also tiss and jmet clashed...infact they clash every year...lets see is baar kyaa hota hai?:-(
rahicecream Says
last year also tiss and jmet clashed...infact they clash every year...lets see is baar kyaa hota hai?:-(

You have to select between one of these exams.Last time also they clashed and the timings too.

You can appear for only one exam out of JMET and TISS.

And people thinking to appear for TISS.
One insight for you...
The HRM&LR; course contains only 60 seats that includes category.It comes out to be around 32-35 seats for the general quota. So the competition is too high post written test. Written test I must say is not that tough.
(Got this info from the previous years' experience)

You can appear for only one exam out of JMET and TISS.

And people thinking to appear for TISS.
One insight for you...
The HRM&LR; course contains only 60 seats that includes category.It comes out to be around 32-35 seats for the general quota. So the competition is too high post written test. Written test I must say is not that tough.
(Got this info from the previous years' experience)

ya you are right.Number of seats in JMET are pretty good or you can say way ahead of TISS.JMET gives u a tag of IIT.

Any idea about timing of the exam ??

JamesHunt Says
ya you are right.Number of seats in JMET are pretty good or you can say way ahead of TISS.JMET gives u a tag of IIT.

please don't start such discussions over here or else the mods will pitch in to close this thread . in case you don't know TISS has a brand name that's lesser to none .. not even the IIMs . it is in a league of its own and this is the reason why we are praying frantically for some miracle to happen with the timings of the test .
gudakesh Says
please don't start such discussions over here or else the mods will pitch in to close this thread . in case you don't know TISS has a brand name that's lesser to none .. not even the IIMs . it is in a league of its own and this is the reason why we are praying frantically for some miracle to happen with the timings of the test .

Very well said...both of them are important for MBA Aspirants...They are probably going to clash,just like last year.. It has to be decided on individual basis that which exam to be given out of the both..
Non-Engineers won't have any dilemma,anyways they are not eligible for JMET...
Set your priorities and take your Pick...:)
gudakesh Says

Usually Tiss exam starts on 9 am and Part 1 is of 45 min which followed by Part 2 which is of 1 hour.I think Tiss most likely will follow the same pattern

true... tiss alwys rubs shoulders with jmet... dont know why... they should realise that both the colleges are extremely reputed...

tearing students into two groups and leaving them in a dilemma is so easy for them....:sneaky:
all last all engineers would sit for jmet and rest will go towards tiss...

oh..just saw.... this is my 200th post...

JamesHunt Says

true... tiss alwys rubs shoulders with jmet... dont know why... they should realise that both the colleges are extremely reputed...

tearing students into two groups and leaving them in a dilemma is so easy for them....:sneaky:
all last all engineers would sit for jmet and rest will go towards tiss...

oh..just saw.... this is my 200th post...

TISS is a social science institute, It undertakes lot of social science research project, TISS needs highly motivated people determined towards the cause of societal development, Entrance is quite easy to crack, but real battle rests with PI,

and about JMET & TISS, they clash every year, as TISS needs people who have clear set of goals and is not motivated by the root cause of money,

And believe me TISS is worth it, Cleared HRMLR & GL Written but was doomed in PIs, this year i am again at it. :biggrin:

Unrelated Post

TISS is a social science institute, It undertakes lot of social science research project, TISS needs highly motivated people determined towards the cause of societal development, Entrance is quite easy to crack, but real battle rests with PI,

and about JMET & TISS, they clash every year, as TISS needs people who have clear set of goals and is not motivated by the root cause of money,

And believe me TISS is worth it, Cleared HRMLR & GL Written but was doomed in PIs, this year i am again at it. :biggrin:

gudakesh Says

Well money cause still does not explain why 2 prestigious colleges should clash with respect to the exam date.that is my personal opnion.
Puys,shot an e-mail to TISS requesting them not to keep the same timings as JMET.Chances are that they are not even aware(as per the conversation i had with them).
The best thing wd be to shoot more mails to admission commitee & may be with so many requests,they might avoid the clash.
Mail address at the bottom of the advertisement.
(think its against pg rules to give e-mail address,hence not mentioning).