TISS - 2010-2012 Social Work

So here we are… finally 17 days to go for the exam. Puys, i couldn’t find a thread dedicated to TISS SOCIAL Work preparation , so I am starting this new thread. :: All of you puys preparing for the SW , please join… y…

So here we are.... finally
17 days to go for the exam.

Puys,
i couldn't find a thread dedicated to TISS SOCIAL Work preparation , so I am starting this new thread.

All of you puys preparing for the SW , please join.....

yashwanth

Nice initiative even i was looking for this thread finally we have a thread on Social work TISS i hope people from social entreprenuership als contribute into it...

can any TISS SENIOR who are in this course come and clarify about the paper structure and prep source

[QUOTE=amresh.manit

thanks amresh...

so lets get started...
attaching the Indian Constitution ....

though we dont need everything, thought it would be useful for some...
we do need the number of articles etc...

Hi,

I am not sure if there will be helpful now, but you can take a lok at the profiles of people there and their experience.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tiss-social-work-gd-pi-call-getters-2009-25037195
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tiss-2008-gdpi-preparation-a-topic-a-day-25029260

Good Luck,
Pallavi

Can any one tell axact number of seat and its compsition on social work course..and also the current batchs placement prospects companies recruiting for this course

amresh.manit Says
Can any one tell axact number of seat

hi amresh,
i suppose there are 162 seats for social work..

i have just left a message on the HR thread for the seniors... probably some seniors can come and guide us on the other queries...

but as of now.. lets concentrate on preparation.... and strategies..
what do u say.

how r u preparing for GK.

On tiss brochure i found that for general cuttff would be 45% f marks which is 37.5 out of 75 and 35% for reserved category....so if there is no seperate cuttoff for the two paper than we can make sure of clearing cuttoff by scoring more than 40 in ist paper itself that is my straegy for the paper

more..
hope this helps

more
hope this helps

hey the docs are not opening up may be if u can change the format it might open up..or there is some problem from my side

hey
this thread was certainly needed....i am also quite unlcear about some issues.
r u guys doing any prep for the english part? and wat about logical reasoning , wat r the kind of ques v can expect ??

hey
this thread was certainly needed....i am also quite unlcear about some issues.
r u guys doing any prep for the english part? and wat about logical reasoning , wat r the kind of ques v can expect ??

as tiss doesn't have other sample papers or any other material, it is tough to predict what kind of questions will come.. only seniors who are studying there or who have taken the exam can help....

i have spoke to a senior, she told me that questions will be on the level of the sample paper... nothing much to worry. .

GK seems to be the only concern as Quant, logical and english look easy in the sample paper...

ill try getting the senior to this forum.. probably it will help clearing your doubts. .

what do u say puys!!
amresh.manit Says
hey the docs are not opening

it is in the doc format only. all systems must support. . pls check if things are ok on ur side... else ill paste it in the thread..directly..
as tiss doesn't have other sample papers or any other material, it is tough to predict what kind of questions will come.. only seniors who are studying there or who have taken the exam can help....

i have spoke to a senior, she told me that questions will be on the level of the sample paper... nothing much to worry. .

GK seems to be the only concern as Quant, logical and english look easy in the sample paper...

ill try getting the senior to this forum.. probably it will help clearing your doubts. .

what do u say puys!!

that will b really cool...btw in the other thread i posted the ans to the ques which i solved , but only 2 other ppl have given thr ans..if anyone has solved the paper , pls upload the ans , so that the correct ans can b known.
wat about the part II of the paper and GD??? have u ppl been reading the mags to prepare for them?
trippi Says
wat about the part II of the paper and GD??? have u ppl been reading the mags to prepare for them?

as of now it is better to just prepare for the written... i feel

frontline is available online.. it has previous issue too....

Welcome to Frontline : Vol. 26 :: No. 24 : this is the site... you can also download the mag from a link given on the right side in this page....
as of now it is better to just prepare for the written... i feel

frontline is available online.. it has previous issue too....

Welcome to Frontline : Vol. 26 :: No. 24 : this is the site... you can also download the mag from a link given on the right side in this page....

ok...thanks..

no new posts since a long time....where is evryone??
has anyone solved the model test paper yet????

no new posts since a long time....where is evryone??
has anyone solved the model test paper yet????

hi trippi,

probably everyone got busy with CAT. The online exam has created a lot of tension for the aspirants.

regarding SW prep, the GK part is still a mystery to me. please let me know how u r preparing so that i can get a few things atleast in the last few days. .

shall post the answers soon....

here are my answers
1 b
2 c
3 a
4 b
5 b
6 c
7 a
8 c
9 b
10 b