TISS (2005-07)

Hi frenz… TISS is back, adv for admission was in paper yesterday… check out the following:- http://www.tiss.edu/2004/advt1204.pdf Last Date : 31/01/2005 Pls post whatever info u have about this in…

Hi frenz.......

TISS is back, adv for admission was in paper yesterday...............

check out the following:-

http://www.tiss.edu/2004/advt1204.pdf

Last Date : 31/01/2005

Pls post whatever info u have about this institutes entrance like proccedure, tips for prep.........

Thanx

Yash

ANYONE KNOW
NO OF SEATS IN PERSONAL MGT

Hi guys.....

Can any1 give detail information abt TISS entrance

Hi guys.....

Can any1 give detail information abt TISS entrance

the entrance exam for tiss has two stages. the first paper is reasoningcum general aptitute cum english. the second test consists of essay on a socially relevant issue. tiss is considered second best after xlri for pm and hr.
c ya :smilecol:

some more info;;;;

😁 😁 😁
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Admission Process

The Total Selection Process is of 200 marks. The break-up is as follows- a) Academic Background (30 Marks) Marks are awarded to each applicant on the basis of overall percentage of marks secured in the Bachelors Degree Examination and the maximum marks are 30. However, high academic achievement is not the only criterion on which the candidate will be selected. (b) Essay Test (60 Marks) The time allotted is 45 minutes. (c) Group Discussion (40 Marks) The group discussion (GD) aims at assessment of knowledge about contemporary issues in the field and sensitivity to social issues expressed orally in English in a group situation. The time allotted is 20 minutes. (d) Personal Interview (70 Marks) To become eligible for the personal interview: (a) A general candidate in Social Work and Personnel Management and Industrial Relations should secure a minimum combined score of 45 marks (35 marks for SC/ST) in ET and GD put together. The candidate is also expected to be acquainted with the programme for which he/she has applied since related Questions may be asked during the personal interview. The names of the candidates eligible for personal interview on the basis of their performance in the ETs and GDs will be announced on the same day

Is there a restriction on how many times can a person apply for admission? Am I eligible if I have applied in previous year?

hi buddy

write them a email, but i dont think that there will be any such restriction.........

cheers

are there any reservations for inside maharashtra/outside maharashtra candidates? can someone throw some lite on this point?

hi guys...

There are broadly 2 stages to admissions to TISS :

Stage 1 is a 45 minutes essay - any 1 outta 3 topics : topics range from socially relevant ones to current topics to mgmt topics. This is followed by a GD of around 20mins to half hr... cumulative scores of these two will decide whether u qualify for the second stage which is Interview with a panel.

There is an aptitude test also along with this but was not held for my batch. Not sure whether they'll reintroduce it for u guys.... Read the prospectus very carefully... Guess all details are given in it...

The batch size is very small : We have 30 in my batch and 35 seniors....

Will be glad to answer any other queries...

All the best guys!

http://www.tiss.edu/2004/maib.pdf - plz refer to this pdf for the information brochure...

www.tiss.edu is the official site for all TISSians

For PMIR specific course, go through the site : www.tisspmir.org

should clarify a lot of ur queries

guys.. there is somethin else i wanna know... TISS gives us an M.A. naa... how does it stand in the job markets when compared to an MBA frm other institutes? how well is it recognised? can someone shed some light on this?

TISS is a deemed university. yeah, TISS-PMIR(Pesonnel Management & Industrial Relations) junta get their Degree as M.A.

TISS is considered second only to the PMIR course of XLRI... so there is no issue about the degree part... its passing out from TISS (and getting in first!!! ) that counts... not the name of ur degree...

No1 I know who's an alumni of TISS has ever had a problem with the degree name... infact, TISS PMIR is recognized everywhere in the organizations.

TISS is a deemed university. yeah, TISS-PMIR(Pesonnel Management & Industrial Relations) junta get their Degree as M.A.

TISS is considered second only to the PMIR course of XLRI... so there is no issue about the degree part... its passing out from TISS (and getting in first!!! ) that counts... not the name of ur degree...

No1 I know who's an alumni of TISS has ever had a problem with the degree name... infact, TISS PMIR is recognized everywhere in the organizations.

thx a lot mystique... thats exactly wat i wanted....

Thnx a ton for the info Mystique.. one more thing.. any special pref given to ppl with work ex?

Hmmmmm.... we have a fair mixture of work-ex : freshers... as far as i understand, I really don't think there is some preference to work-ex (or freshers!!!)... its an overall view thats taken during selection... this is completely my personal view 'coz I really don't know for sure what the parameters are... all I know is there is no explicit mention of this parameter...

All the best!

Hi Mystique

Thanks for taking the pains of replying our queries

Plz give me ur cell no.
I have a couple of small queries. I wont take much time

Or you can pm me also if u dont wanna share it here.

Awaiting ur reply
Regards,
Kamal

hey to all!
i wanted info abt the aptitue testing section at TISS.

How tough is it?
IS it at the same level aa that of GRE?
Am goin to appear in 2005 , june. wanted to knw if aptitute testing comes every year? Asking coz its not mentioned in the info brochure this time. Only essay/GD/PI make an appearnce. so was wondering!

would b lovely if somebody can help!

Thanks
Nishtha

hey most important of all questions

How does TISS fare in job market. what is the avg package. i wann a go in banking sector after doing my MBA. Does companies like ICICI and other banks etc visit the campus

Are the 30 marks alloted only for the Bachelors degree marks? are there no weightages for the 10th and 12 th std marks? and on what basis do they allot these marks, since different universities have different range of percentages? ,also what are the salaries like after getting out of TISS ?
Regards from me